Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lozada 'doesn't need to visit Cebu for us to know the truth'

it is right for us Cebuanos to ask Mr. Lozada a public apology for insulting our Archdiocese... iyang joke daku pud kaayong insulto sa ato mga Cebuanos oi paila ra jud na cya na superior ning taga Manila.. ahak!!!

Lozada’s statement hitting at the Archdiocese of Cebu as pro-administration calling it “Archdiocese of Malacañang” may have been said in jest, but the local leaders are not smiling.

Two of Cebu’s top leaders – City Mayor Tomas Osmeña and Governor Gwendolyn Garcia – both consider Lozada’s statement as an insult to the Cebuanos.

Osmeña said the victim of Lozada’s statement is not just Cebu Archbishop Ricardo Cardinal Vidal, but all the Cebuanos.

“Kini si Lozada, paulit-ulit gyud. He’s not even saying anything new? He came here for what? To say things all over again and then they must squeeze out the truth?

“Unya, they mean they cannot squeeze out the truth unless there is a priest who can say the Mass?”

But the mayor said he respects the rights of other people to speak out but demanded that the anti-Arroyo like Lozada should also respect the right of others not to listen to them.

If anyone has the right to talk, we also have the right not to listen to them. Why should they insist that we listen to them?

“It’s up to us if we listen to them. Kung pelikula man na, no one will watch it because there’s nothing new, they’re always saying the same thing.

“Sa mga tawo mas controversial pa resulta sa boxing. But Lozada, it’s all the same thing,” Osmeña went on referring to how some people saw Sunday’s fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in favor of the latter.

During his press conference yesterday, Osmeña said that Lozada’s statement calling Cebu “Archdiocese of Malacañang” is natural reflection of attitude of people in Manila to Cebu.

“This is consistent with their comments before, after the last election that Cebuanos are cheaters, because we don’t vote like them we’re cheaters. Because we don’t follow their line of thinking we are tuta sa Malakanyang.

“I’m tempted to declare war against people like that but we should not, because as I have said before let us not be distracted by these pests.”

With this, Osmeña appealed to the Cebuanos to “just focus on what we have to do here” and concentrate on building and not on destroying.

He said, it will be counterproductive if Cebuanos will allow themselves be drawn by the events that are happening in Manila.

“Let it continue to be that way and one day they will wake up that Cebu will beat Manila, I promise you that. They are not getting anywhere. Then we will show them the painful truth that Manila is not the Philippines,” the mayor said.

Osmeña also questioned the credibility of Lozada to represent the people in the fight against graft and corruption.

“I know we are all concerned with graft and corruption. But we also bring in the question whether the people like Lozada are the kind of people we want to represent our grievances against graft and corruption.

“Pero sa akong tan-aw pareho raman sila tanan. dunay moreklamo sa graft and corruption sa Manila, sa akong tan-aw, tungod kay wala silay bahin, mao rana, that’s my personal impression. Klaro kaayo naa silay lain nga additional agenda,” he said.

The mayor also sympathized with the man who was driven out of the forum at the University of San Carlos for showing his apparent dislike for Lozada and the Senate inquiry on the alleged anomaly in the NBN-ZTE deal.

Osmeña said that the man has a very strong point because he feels exactly that way.

“The Senate is not a court, but they’re using it like a court. We have three branches of government—executive, legislative and judiciary. Who would handle that case? The judiciary should handle that problem.”

qouted from:http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Lo...id=20080318192

Lozada was just adding more DIVIDEND TO DEEPLY DIVIDED NATION mo balik gani cya sa sugbo ambot lang gyud!!!

AND I really dont understand why these sisters/nuns questions priest refusal to celebrate mass...!!!
    " remember mass should not be use to encourage people to join rallies". The Mass is sacred ika nga ni Bishop Legaspi

Quote Originally Posted by diem
    [color=navy]Nemo "Cebuano" impune lacessit (No one strikes a Cebuano with impunity or No one hits a Cebuano and gets away with it)

It's often rare to see City Hall and the Capitol to agree on one or two issues, that's one good thing about the Lozada visit, I suppose.
    You know what that's really weird. All the months we've seen Gwen and Thomas bickering and now they are suddenly on good terms over one issue thanks to certain star witness.

I still believe though that people especially non-cebuanos will still think that Mr. Lozada's "Archdiocese of Malacañang" was a jest ala Miriam.

@ezekiel: That's our mayor for you.

I wonder who he is referring to as pests

ALSO, LOLed at this little bit: “Sa mga tawo mas controversial pa resulta sa boxing. But Lozada, it’s all the same thing,” Osmeña went on referring to how some people saw Sunday’s fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in favor of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by bot_yok
    it is right for us Cebuanos to ask Mr. Lozada a public apology for insulting our Archdiocese... iyang joke daku pud kaayong insulto sa ato mga Cebuanos oi paila ra jud na cya na superior ning taga Manila.. ahak!!!
    kalma lang kuya bots, ang puso mo...hihihi

nganu man sad na JLO oi, pataka lang man ug ataki....kontrahan jud na sya samot....

if the government has any intentions of cutting this controversy short, both parties shoud have laid all cards down. pero unsaon taman.
    until now wa japon mahatag maski katiting na explanation ang government regarding sa crisis karon. kinsa man ang dili magregor ang utok anang kalakiha?
    they are keeping the people of the Phils from knowing the truth. and the worst is they are just ignoring everything that the public did, they act like nothing happend. it's true she's the luckiest, meanest b^^ch. and too bad a lot of people, sectors have fallen into her potion.

Blog Entries

Sakto!to end these controversy,Gloria should answer all allegations against her.Dili kay cge lang syag tao sa sayal sa iyang mga bayot nga opisyal.Kung dili siya motubag .aw wla sad katapusan ang protesta kontra niya.

Quote Originally Posted by radiostar

[img width=250 height=166]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/astroboyreal/IMG_5444.jpg[/img]
    Wait a minute!!! This guy looks familiar. I'm not really sure pero murag nakit-an man kuni siya sa mga Lan Party pictures. Basin gyud cguro ug istoryan diay ni siya.

OT:
    Nice T-shirt BTW.

"E.L.I.T.E."

Quote Originally Posted by godsaint
    Sakto!to end these controversy,Gloria should answer all allegations against her.Dili kay cge lang syag tao sa sayal sa iyang mga bayot nga opisyal.Kung dili siya motubag .aw wla sad katapusan ang protesta kontra niya.
    One Problem: A LOT of people won't be satisfied even IF she answered those allegations. IMHO, it has come to the point that the Anti-Arroyo camp are out for blood. Resignation and nothing less kung baga.

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel
    Lozada’s statement hitting at the Archdiocese of Cebu as pro-administration calling it “Archdiocese of Malacañang” may have been said in jest, but the local leaders are not smiling.

Two of Cebu’s top leaders – City Mayor Tomas Osmeña and Governor Gwendolyn Garcia – both consider Lozada’s statement as an insult to the Cebuanos.

Osmeña said the victim of Lozada’s statement is not just Cebu Archbishop Ricardo Cardinal Vidal, but all the Cebuanos.

“Kini si Lozada, paulit-ulit gyud. He’s not even saying anything new? He came here for what? To say things all over again and then they must squeeze out the truth?

“Unya, they mean they cannot squeeze out the truth unless there is a priest who can say the Mass?”

But the mayor said he respects the rights of other people to speak out but demanded that the anti-Arroyo like Lozada should also respect the right of others not to listen to them.

If anyone has the right to talk, we also have the right not to listen to them. Why should they insist that we listen to them?

“It’s up to us if we listen to them. Kung pelikula man na, no one will watch it because there’s nothing new, they’re always saying the same thing.

“Sa mga tawo mas controversial pa resulta sa boxing. But Lozada, it’s all the same thing,” Osmeña went on referring to how some people saw Sunday’s fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in favor of the latter.

During his press conference yesterday, Osmeña said that Lozada’s statement calling Cebu “Archdiocese of Malacañang” is natural reflection of attitude of people in Manila to Cebu.

“This is consistent with their comments before, after the last election that Cebuanos are cheaters, because we don’t vote like them we’re cheaters. Because we don’t follow their line of thinking we are tuta sa Malakanyang.

“I’m tempted to declare war against people like that but we should not, because as I have said before let us not be distracted by these pests.”

With this, Osmeña appealed to the Cebuanos to “just focus on what we have to do here” and concentrate on building and not on destroying.

He said, it will be counterproductive if Cebuanos will allow themselves be drawn by the events that are happening in Manila.

“Let it continue to be that way and one day they will wake up that Cebu will beat Manila, I promise you that. They are not getting anywhere. Then we will show them the painful truth that Manila is not the Philippines,” the mayor said.

Osmeña also questioned the credibility of Lozada to represent the people in the fight against graft and corruption.

“I know we are all concerned with graft and corruption. But we also bring in the question whether the people like Lozada are the kind of people we want to represent our grievances against graft and corruption.

“Pero sa akong tan-aw pareho raman sila tanan. dunay moreklamo sa graft and corruption sa Manila, sa akong tan-aw, tungod kay wala silay bahin, mao rana, that’s my personal impression. Klaro kaayo naa silay lain nga additional agenda,” he said.

The mayor also sympathized with the man who was driven out of the forum at the University of San Carlos for showing his apparent dislike for Lozada and the Senate inquiry on the alleged anomaly in the NBN-ZTE deal.

Osmeña said that the man has a very strong point because he feels exactly that way.

“The Senate is not a court, but they’re using it like a court. We have three branches of government—executive, legislative and judiciary. Who would handle that case? The judiciary should handle that problem.”

qouted from:http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Lo...id=20080318192

Lozada was just adding more DIVIDEND TO DEEPLY DIVIDED NATION mo balik gani cya sa sugbo ambot lang gyud!!!

AND I really dont understand why these sisters/nuns questions priest refusal to celebrate mass...!!!
    " remember mass should not be use to encourage people to join rallies". The Mass is sacred ika nga ni Bishop Legaspi
    Ug mobalik si Lozada bantay lang jud na .. Mga peste yawaa, inutil, buang, Bayot wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by grss1982
    One Problem: A LOT of people won't be satisfied even IF she answered those allegations. IMHO, it has come to the point that the Anti-Arroyo camp are out for blood. Resignation and nothing less kung baga.
    it is better, than keeping it from the open. kay maski dili anti-gloria magrally jud para lang makabalo sa tinuod. what is she scared of anyway? after all those controversies she has been (garci, jose vidal etc). wala pa siya naanad.

[color=navy]Please keep ON~TOPIC

I wonder where Lozada is off to? Davao na siya?

11.    Advertisement

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast