Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: A glimpse into iSTORYA.NET's future

As far as i know, "subscribe to this thread" is likely a paid forum where only elite members could access. You'll need to contribute money to access the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoRski
    Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware, iSTORYA.NET will be turning 6 this coming February 22, 2008. While we decided to make this a quiet anniversary, we'd like to let you know that we are planning some stuff. These are still in the planning stages, but I feel like it will be good if the community will know.

First order of business is to get a second server. If things go on as planned, we should be getting a Dual Quad Core Xeon Server with 8GB of RAM within the next month or so. Once we get this, we will move the forums over to the new server and use the existing one as a development platform for future services which would include user blogs, better image gallery, and hopefully free emails. We have been thinking of making iSTORYA.NET's main site as a portal as well... and we might be switching to vBulletin. These are just "plans" but we do hope that they become a reality. We are commited to drive iSTORYA.NET forward and continue to serve the community.

If you can think of something that will make iSTORYA.NET a much better site, feel free to post your suggestions below.

Thanks and Best Regards
    I agree. You guys need to switch to vBulletin to better monetize the huge community that you already have here. Once you switch over to vBulletin, istorya.net will have better search engine rankings since vBulletin is geared towards that. After that I suggest you also install the script called "vBSEO" for vBulletin and it will further enhance your search engine optimization. You guys have one huge gold mine in your hands.

Also good job on the servers, it should take care of the massive load the site is getting.

Kudos to you guys!

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

There are a few things that'd be really nice to get out the door. Change takes time and I hope you guys are aware that not every suggestion will make it.

belated happy birthday istorya.net mwuah...

mis u all...

How about redesign the forum theme ala Web 2.0 style? Same color scheme but different look.

Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Add a Rule to NOT post in textspeak.
    "JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

more candle cakes to be blown .. it's better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by omad
    doesn't the "notify" button serve a similar purpose?
    No, notify only notifies you of new thread.. subscribe to thread offers more specifics on a certain thread.[br]Posted on: March 02, 2008, 01:04:53 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by black_vixen
    As far as i know, "subscribe to this thread" is likely a paid forum where only elite members could access. You'll need to contribute money to access the thread.
    Thats something i dont know but every other forum has that as a basic feature on the template, i dont think we need monetary contribution to access any threads.

Yes, but i dont see any notify button anywhere it's located at the bottom of every page, those 5 buttons, specifically between "reply" and "mark as unread".
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

there is a notify button. omadski...when u coming home dong?

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast