Default DIY Software Licensing and Copyright Protection Or Buy?

Mga kaistorya these are just some good info that I have read for all the Software Integrator or Developer out there.

"As a SoftwarePublisher, would you produce your own licensing/copy protection solution,or would you buy into a professional solution?" Eto po angmga interesting answer and comments that I have found:

• In general, time you spend developing and supporting your licensing system can be very steep, and it's non value add - it's taking time away from adding features and doing things your customers really want
    • If you can fit your needs into an off the shelf system you are likely to be better off in the long run because they've already figured out that file permissions and encryption work differently on Windows XP Home thanWindows Server 2008 or in Turkey or whatever. These aren't problems you want to take up your time
    • There are some very good purchased systems. I'd recommend you seriously examine them before investing significantly in your own system. If you do invest in your own, have it be for a competitive advantage because it is going to occupy a sizable portion of your development budget if you're a small company, at least initially
    • Your time is better spent making and marketing your product rather than wasting thousands of hours needed to make decent licensing in-house
    • I would definitely consider using an off-the-shelf licensing product - developing a license scheme is not so easy and you are better off spending that time on developing your actual core product functionality

To end this, mayisang software developer na nagsabi na "To really build an unhackablesystem takes some serious cryptographic and application structure."What's more, hackers continuously find new and more devious ways to unravelyour software, and if copy protection is not your core business, it would beextremely difficult to gain the expertise needed to truly protect yoursoftware.

SecureMetric is hereto provide a Strong Digital Security. Software protection and licensemanagement is our passion and we've been at it for more than 15 years.

SecureDongle is oursecure software licensing and copy protection platform that is used by leadingsoftware vendors around ASEAN Region.

• Creating a positive return on investment while reducing the risk of loss in time and revenue due to piracy
    • Immediately stop Non-genuine or fraudulent purchases
    • Prevent others from reverse engineering your software and become your competitor
    • Create a flexible licensing options
    • Create trials, rentals, subscription and pay-per use software
    • Software Enveloper
    • Modify lite version into a full version via remote update
    • Control the number of your users
    • Self Definable Security Algorithms
    • Disable features and activate it later
    • Onboard Seed Code and Random Number Generation

Want to test for free, contact us:

email:bryan@securemetric.com.ph
    M: +639253004114
    T: +632 2677533

So many years have passed, you let me know how many things of that matter really do make something profitable anyway for so many reasons out there. I do not see how this device is really practical on what we preach anyway honestly.

3.    Advertisement