Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: KETO Diet

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    nope completely false. fats are generally good for the body. but processed foods contains large amount of salt as preservative which is bad and it contains high amount of MSG, in which it makes your pancreas produce insulin. its not the fat on the processed foods but the chemicals preservative and artificial flavor they put in it.

you should research how keto is produced by the body and how keto in high volumes or ketoacidosis destroys your kidney and liver.

once on starvation state, our body will run on fatty acids. ketone bodies is produced and mind you, the only way that your body controls the production of ketone bodies is thru insulin and glucagon. in normal volume acetone, one of the ketone bodies will go to your lungs, and breath it out. but in large volume due to ketoacidosis, it will go to your kidney, your kidney will produce water just to let it out and acetone is acidic it will damage your kidneys along the way.

if your pancreas does not produce insulin, in which it happens with diabetic type 1, then you risk of having that problem, more problem than diabetic. although, keto diet is able to reverse the type 2 diabetes but in a controlled condition.

try to research about metabolic pathways and fat metabolism and while on that ketoacidosis.

how sure are you that you are prediabetic and not just insulin resistant or even fatty liver disease? which type of prediabetic? type1 or 2?

im not saying keto diet is bad. in fact it is good it is very good. but of course ato makita is ang puro ra maayo and these things naay parameters to do it right. people must know these things or else they risk of having more problem. keto diet is for me the best way to loose weight but please do it right for the benefit of your well being and your family as well.
    yes i did read 2 books about the paleo diet (paleo diet by loren cordain and primal blueprint by mark sisson ) before trying it. Not all fats are the same, search about trans fat which is commonly found in processed food.
    Doctors have so many theories on how our body works but they never solved the most common killers of human beings. On the other hand, the pharmaceutical companies are booming due to the doctors research. They provide you with maintenance medicines that would secure the big pharma's profits.
    Another experience why I'm in for the paleo diet is my manger's father who was diabetic for many years. His doctors don't know what to do with him because his bloodsugar is still very high despite the higher dosage of maintenance medicines he was having. we met one time and advised him to try a low carb diet. He followed a strict low carb diet and after a month, his bloodsugar were at normal levels. He said to me that last time he had those levels was 30 yrs ago.
    Weight loss is just a bonus of my experience with paleo diet. The real benefit i had with it is a stable blood sugar, blood pressure and a strong immune system. I have not visited a doctor for 5 years due to sickness. the only disadvantage is my sick leave has accumulated more than 400 hrs which unfortunately i could not convert to cash.

Quote Originally Posted by erwin_rommel View Post
    yes i did read 2 books about the paleo diet (paleo diet by loren cordain and primal blueprint by mark sisson ) before trying it. Not all fats are the same, search about trans fat which is commonly found in processed food.
    Doctors have so many theories on how our body works but they never solved the most common killers of human beings. On the other hand, the pharmaceutical companies are booming due to the doctors research. They provide you with maintenance medicines that would secure the big pharma's profits.
    Another experience why I'm in for the paleo diet is my manger's father who was diabetic for many years. His doctors don't know what to do with him because his bloodsugar is still very high despite the higher dosage of maintenance medicines he was having. we met one time and advised him to try a low carb diet. He followed a strict low carb diet and after a month, his bloodsugar were at normal levels. He said to me that last time he had those levels was 30 yrs ago.
    Weight loss is just a bonus of my experience with paleo diet. The real benefit i had with it is a stable blood sugar, blood pressure and a strong immune system. I have not visited a doctor for 5 years due to sickness. the only disadvantage is my sick leave has accumulated more than 400 hrs which unfortunately i could not convert to cash.
    mas maayo guro himo ka imo thread about imo paleo diet. this is a KETO diet thread. please do not hijack.
    yes many transfats are bad but not all and its present everywhere. hydrogenated fats and oils must be controlled. but this is off topic as it is not related to KETO diet.

mas maayo guro himo ka imo thread about imo paleo diet. this is a KETO diet thread. please do not hijack.
    yes many transfats are bad but not all and its present everywhere. hydrogenated fats and oils must be controlled. but this is off topic as it is not related to KETO diet.
    Paleo diet is a form of keto diet. Only difference is paleo diet involves more natural foods.
    Last edited by erwin_rommel; 11-23-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Paleo diet is a form of keto diet. Only difference is paleo diet involves more natural foods.
    natural foods? unsa diay foods sa keto diet nga di natural? you mean processed foods?

does paleo diet prioritize high fat consumption as compared to protein and carbs?
    Last edited by digitalsuperman; 11-23-2018 at 11:13 AM.

natural foods? unsa diay foods sa keto diet nga di natural? you mean processed foods?

does paleo diet prioritize high fat consumption as compared to protein and carbs?
    Keto diet allow cheese, butter, yogurt, cream, ect.. in short processed food high in fat.

Paleo on the other hand does not allow foods not available during the caveman era meaning foods allowed are those had the least processing done. It does not matter if its high fat, moderate or high protien as long as its not highly processed.

Both diets target ketosis

Keto diet allow cheese, butter, yogurt, cream, ect.. in short processed food high in fat.

Paleo on the other hand does not allow foods not available during the caveman era meaning foods allowed are those had the least processing done. It does not matter if its high fat, moderate or high protien as long as its not highly processed.

Both diets target ketosis
    actually halos tanan diet which involves weightloss target ketosis thus the low carb. keto diet is high fat diet. if your diet is not high fat then its not keto diet.
    Last edited by digitalsuperman; 11-26-2018 at 08:41 AM.

actually halos tanan diet which involves weightloss target ketosis thus the low carb. keto diet is high fat diet. if your diet is not high fat then its not keto diet.
    Again, paleo diet can either be moderate protien, high protien or high fat. depende na sa location like Inuits in north pole eat high fat where as aborigine in Australia eat moderate to high protien. All of them are ketogenic. unya those people dont have diseases of civilization until na introduce sa ila ang modern food. Kita mga taw kay naa poy unique characteristics in between nato. Naay uban nga mo uyon ang lawas og moderate/high protien, naa poy uban mo uyon sa high fat. mao na ang advise sa books about paleo kay "listen to your body".

Again, paleo diet can either be moderate protien, high protien or high fat. depende na sa location like Inuits in north pole eat high fat where as aborigine in Australia eat moderate to high protien. All of them are ketogenic. unya those people dont have diseases of civilization until na introduce sa ila ang modern food. Kita mga taw kay naa poy unique characteristics in between nato. Naay uban nga mo uyon ang lawas og moderate/high protien, naa poy uban mo uyon sa high fat. mao na ang advise sa books about paleo kay "listen to your body".
    keto diet is more on weight loss and not for long term. although can be for maintaining weight.

keto diet is more on weight loss and not for long term. although can be for maintaining weight.
    i disagree... if you make it a lifestyle, weight issue will never be a concern aside from the health benefits. Celebrities like Lebron James, kobe Bryant, Grant Hill, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Biel, Cindy Crawford have been on this for years and are sticking into the lifestyle.
    if gamay ra ang budget, aw itlog, kamote, utan bisaya, mantika sa baboy aw payts na.

Blog Entries
    easy raman ang keto if kahibaw jud ka mangita ug alternatives na pasado sa macros

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast