Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The 2020 War Station

Hi Gang, 10 years ago I built my last computer/gaming/everything setup. Gosh I can't believe it's been that long. Here's a pic.

Fast forward to the present and I have the opportunity to design a whole new setup again and this is my tale and adventure with all new tech and the coolest gadgets. What a time to be alive.

So, I really wanted to have a really cool work desk this time and at the same time I have always wanted one of those very cool racing and flight simulator setup but did not want to have a separate desk and racing/flight sim. So I did some research and found that the rig must first have a solid foundation. I found it, and the rest is history. I'll just start be saying the main foundation of this rig is made of 80/20 Aluminum Extrusion. BTW in the image below the cockpit is setup for "Flight Mode".

Below is what the "Race Mode" config would look like. Both keyboard trays are articulated and can be moved almost any where I would need it to be. Each tray arm from ERGOTRON has a weight capacity of 35-40 lbs. and very stable. I also added ERGOTRON arm extensions to give them a longer reach and more flexibility. The keyboard deck on the left I custom made and added Ergo Rest Arm extensions. Wanted to have a total ergonomic setup and I think it works well. Again all of this is still a Work-In-Progress. Inputs welcome but my Tagalog is not the greatest but I will try my best. Salamat Po.

Sorry the pic came out kinda weird. TY for watching and stay tuned for more.... shine

Hey, thanks for the likes guys.

Welcome back peps, OK you've seen it in "Flight Mode", "Drive Mode" now this is what it looks like for "Work Mode" or just watching YouTube/movies, flying through the net or shopping/selling mode. The "Whatever Mode". BTW I got something coming in the mail very soon (4/25) to add to setup that I think will be the coolest piece to the room. More on that soon.

Now my last image for this post today is of the setup in "Standing Mode". Yes this is also a Sit/Stand desk setup too. At it's highest setting the top of the monitor stands at 65" tall and has a 3.5' up/down range. I designed the UPLIFT desk legs that holds all three monitors and the computer. These UPLIFT Set/Stand Desk leg also has a weight capacity of 350lbs and 4 memory setting. One of the best thing of the lift is it is almost totally silent. Yeah, I know. Where do I get it from? I think it's the MacGyver in me or the adobo, right!!!

Here is a short YouTube video I did for the company I bought the hardware from. It shows the early setup with no monitor hooked up yet. I was so happy it all worked.
    https://youtu.be/eMU0cRYZ9uk

Thanks shine

bragging rights approved. mag laway raman ming mga oyamot oi, nag lisod gali kog afford sa DDR3 2GB nga memory... homaygad.

paytera ani bossing oi. hahaha

ello everyone,

Before I start, I would just like to say up front that I'm not being sponsored by any companies mention in this tread. Everything you will see here was bought with my hard work and years of saving, thank you lord for your help. And yeah! A lot of work did I mention that already. Now with that out of the way let the Fiesta begin!!!

From the start I never thought this would come out the way it looks today. I really just wanted a nice, simple PC setup with some nice bells and whistles. So I did a lot, A LOT of reading, research and 3D modeling to finally come up with a (to date) Work-In-Progress setup which you see here today. I guess you can say at this point I'm kinda very proud of how this is all coming out and just wanted to share my passion for this with all my friends here because all my friend over here, all they say is "WTF!", "Holy S%#T!" and "OMG!" and of course "Me Next!". With these friend who needs enemies...right!!!

Here are a few images of my first SketchUp model of the setup. This was done months even before I even started ordering all the pieces. By this time I already knew where the main foundation of the desk was going to be coming from and from that it was just adding the right components to cover all my needs.

OK, by now I know most of you guys are wondering what kind of component make up this crazy War Station of my. So, here is the War Station Components List so far. (Working List)

Monitors/Monitor Stand:
    LG 43UD79-B 43" (x3), B&H
    SimLab Quad Monitor Stand, SimLab
    UPLIFT 2-Leg Height Adjustable Standing Desk, UPLIFT

VR Systems:
    Oculus Rift 1st Gen, Kickstarter
    PlayStationVR, GameStop

Speakers:
    Bose Acoustimass 25 series II (Forgot)

Sound Induction System:
    SUBPAC S2, SUBPAC

Keyboards:
    LOGITECH G613 Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Ebay
    Azio Retro Classic Bluetooth Onyx, Amazon

Mouse(s):
    ELECOM M-HT1DRBK Wireless Trackball,HUGE, Ebay
    ELECOM M-DT2DRBK Wireless Trackball, Ebay
    Unimouse-WL Wireless Contour Unimouse Ergonomic Mouse, Ebay
    3DConnexion SpaceMouse Wireless 3D Mouse, Ebay
    3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless Professional 3D Mouse, Ebay

Wheel/Pedals/Joystick:
    ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5, Fanatec
    ClubSport steering wheel Porsche 918 RSR USA, Fanatec
    ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Carbon, Fanatec
    ClubSport Pedals V3 USA, Fanatec
    ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, Fanatec
    ClubSport Handbrake V1.5, Fanatec
    ClubSport USB Adapter(x2), Fanatec
    VirPil VPC MongoosT-50 Dual Stick & VPC Dust Covers, VirPil

Chair:
    Herman Miller AERON Fully Adjustable Polished AlumTask Chair, EBay

Desk/Sim Rig:
    SimLab GT2 Simulation Racing Chassis, SimLab

Desk Misc.:
    Ergotron WorkFit-P Sit-Stand Workstation (X2), EBay

Lighting:
    Koncept Z-Bar Gen 3 Desk Lamp (X2), Occupancy Sensor (X2), LUMENS.com
    Nanoleaf NL22-0003TW-12PK Aurora Smarter Kit, EBay

Console Systems:
    PlayStation 4 PRO 1TB, PSVR System/Skyrim Edition, GameStop

To Date: $?

Thanks tsunade for the approval means a lot, and the rest of you guys thanks for the love. Just another note to you all. My Cebuano is not the greatest (can't read) so please forgive me. I'll try to keep up but I hope you don't mind me replying back in English.

shine

Lami ani duwa-an og ROS/PUBG. imo scope nga 2x kay 4x na daan

Triple 4k Monitors. Jesus Christ. what's the PC specs running this beast?!

I got some sad news today. Remember that I mentioned I had something arriving on the 25th, well looks like it will be a few more days before I get it. OK stop crying it will be here soon so stay tuned for that one you don't want to miss it. It's going to be very cool.

Welcome back guys, and great question kennzakki. After going through my parts list above I'm sure most of you were probably asking the same thing "Where is the PC in this list". Well the simple truth is I don't really have one yet. Well at least not one that can really run this monstrosity the right way. Believe it or not I'm currently running all three monitors through my trusted old Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Yes believe it I was able to use this tiny little Surface Pro 4 to run all three of these 4K monitors.

You can use this same method to attach up to TWO monitors to almost any source with a USB 3.0 port. Because of the limitation of my Surface Pro 4 I currently only use it for surfing the net, watch movies and doing some 3D design work and all at the same time but only at 1920x1080 x3 resolution. I do no gaming or anything to CPU intensive. I have tested this method and I was able to open Windows and surf the net at a resolution of 11520x2160 using two of the units mentioned below and it works very well it's just a tad to taxing on the Surface Pro 4. Now remember, this is still a work in progress and for now my main PC is still being put together on paper at least. In the mean time I have added the info for the component we were talking about below. I hope you fine the info useful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

shine

My dream PC specs coming next.....

Spill the beans sir Shine

hehehe

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast