Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default AMD RX Vega - DOA

The hype is over and I'm a bit disappointed on what I am seeing/reading, anyway its too early to jump on conclusions, for the meantime let us wait for the top bench-marker to release their results shall we.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunade View Post
    The hype is over and I'm a bit disappointed on what I am seeing/reading, anyway its too early to jump on conclusions, for the meantime let us wait for the top bench-marker to release their results shall we.
    threadripper is promising but vega is underwhelming pero atleast naay competition ang intel ug nvidea which is nindot para consumer. mayta lang lageg dli madisrupt sa mga miners and supply ug demand.

They say nga Vega 64 will compete with the 1080 but retails at $499 (lower by $100 compared to 1080s). So mura rag 1070 price at the performance of a 1080. Not bad but the power consumption is a bit high (345W for the liquid cooled version, 295W for the air cooled version). That's a 100W+ more than the 1080 (180W). This would mean an investment for a higher powered psu.

As for concluding, there are still no benchmarks to make a comparison -- YET. Kas kaayo nig bayranan sa kurinti ba! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid666 View Post
    They say nga Vega 64 will compete with the 1080 but retails at $499 (lower by $100 compared to 1080s). So mura rag 1070 price at the performance of a 1080. Not bad but the power consumption is a bit high (345W for the liquid cooled version, 295W for the air cooled version). That's a 100W+ more than the 1080 (180W). This would mean an investment for a higher powered psu.

As for concluding, there are still no benchmarks to make a comparison -- YET. Kas kaayo nig bayranan sa kurinti ba! Hahaha
    mao na ang naka disappoint nako boss, grabe katong liq. cooled TDP kay 400W, wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunade View Post
    mao na ang naka disappoint nako boss, grabe katong liq. cooled TDP kay 400W, wtf.
    haha sige lang bro. Wait lang ta sa price to performance benchmarks. Same as Ryzen, di baya siya ing-ana ka disappointing.

nvidia's tdp rating is gpu only, amd's tdp rating includes board consumption so that's gpu+board.

the reviews posted said at full power, the Vega FE is at 300+W

ok now, i'll stick with my imba, godlike FX5500

kung nindot si siya ug hash per watt..ma tagak ra ghapon ni sa mga miners..

Quote Originally Posted by RainRiku View Post
    kung nindot si siya ug hash per watt..ma tagak ra ghapon ni sa mga miners..
    Rumor Has It Vega Mines Ether Like A Beast, But It Could Be Fud

The most recent tease suggests that Vega could be a powerhouse at mining Ethereum, which could be true, but don’t get fooled by the hype.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast