Page 1379 of 1409 FirstFirst ... 136913761377137813791380138113821389 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 14083

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Why are you triggered by my comment? I just expressed mine just as you expressed yours. Im a Spurs fan since Duncan arrived and couldnt care less if another fan thought of trading one of the core out of frustration. But that's just disrespectful even by RC's standards. And yes, one should be an expert before spouting trade talks in an event of a major injury to one of our big three. Unless of course YOU run a company or a NBA team of some sort.

All of them are ageing and an injury of that degree is to be expected sooner if not later. Kobe had one recently. Timmy had one in 2000. Manu lost one of his balls 2 seasons ago. All of those were untimely as you said but they werent traded just because of that. Contracts are flexible. Anything can be done to get a valuable pg like the one you desire, however, CP3 has not proven anything yet.

If we fans gets frustrated, wonder how Pop felt seeing his beloved players rolling on the floor in pain? Do you know how the front office is dealing with it perhaps?

Here's what most non-casuals do, talk trades before and after the playoffs. Still 1-1 bro no need to push eject button at the moment.

Fack it. I keep returning here because of Tony P Mayne.
    I've just responded to your comment no offense.Telling me to stop talking about trades on TP unless I become an expert seems so absurd.. and now you want me to shut up unless I run a company or NBA team? Incredible.

We signed Aldridge even if he haven't proven anything to you and to the rest of the Spurs fans either. CP3 can provide bigger impact if we get him in the offseason.

You sentiment about the big-three, particularly on TP might matter much today.. until it won't tomorrow (in the near future)

After all, every team wants to have a healthy roster than an ageing & injured one.

i don't think spurs will trade TP too, di ni preho sa cavs nga musign ug players niya if mainjured i waive lol

Default San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by koontz_circle View Post
    I've just responded to your comment no offense.Telling me to stop talking about trades on TP unless I become an expert seems so absurd.. and now you want me to shut up unless I run a company or NBA team? Incredible.

We signed Aldridge even if he haven't proven anything to you and to the rest of the Spurs fans either. CP3 can provide bigger impact if we get him in the offseason.

You sentiment about the big-three, particularly on TP might matter much today.. until it won't tomorrow (in the near future)

After all, every team wants to have a healthy roster than an ageing & injured one.
    My logic was not based on LMA signing because that incident clearly depended on LMA. It was his decision and the Spurs were still lowkey even if they were deemed favorites to sign him at that point. CP3 in your case is not ideal given his possible 200M max contract coming and to a greater extent much more injury prone than any of the Spurs current roster. LMA was 29 or 30 when he signed with the Spurs. How old is CP3? And if we have it your way, CP3 is going older by the year and might break a bone or two every 4 weeks. Not much different than LMA's situation I guess.

If you are so bothered with the nature of San Antonio's front office feel free to cheer on any team. I dont seem to recall myself calling somebody a bandwagon. You will be disappointed because Parker will stay for good and the front office have already decided that dating back to Suns' Steve Nash.

Just let Murray grow out to be our poor man's Westbrook and let Kawhi do his thing. This team is contending until they decide to stop.

Have a good day. Dont let your insecurities shake you.
    Last edited by brownie; 05-05-2017 at 03:09 PM.

My logic was not based on LMA signing because that incident clearly depended on LMA. It was his decision and the Spurs were still lowkey even if they were deemed favorites to sign him at that point. CP3 in your case is not ideal given his possible 200M max contract coming and to a greater extent much more injury prone than any of the Spurs current roster. LMA was 29 or 30 when signed with the Spurs. How old is CP3? And if we have it your way, CP3 is going older every year and might break a bone or two every 4 weeks. Not much different than LMA's situation I guess.

If your so bothered with the nature of San Antonio's front office feel free to cheer on any team. I dont seem to recall myself calling somebody a bandwagon. You will be disappointed because Parker will stay for good and the front office have already decided that dating back to Steve Nash Suns.

Just let Murray grow out to be our poor man's Westbrook and let Kawhi do his thing. This team is contending until they decide to stop.

Have a good day. Dont let your insecurities shake you.
    The logic of this discussion is all about signing a star that could replace an ailing member of the big-three. Regarding LMA, it was his decision to join the Spurs.. but you can't discredit the effort of coach Pop on courting him few days after the offseason started. There's a high possibility that Spurs will do the same on CP3 this offseason.

How old is Pau Gasol when we signed him last year? 25? lol he's more physically brittled than CP3. Sometimes it's not the age, but the value and I'm sure CP3 would be three times more valuable than TP after the season (both physical and mental).

Why would I be disappointed? Regardless of the team's decision I'll take it as a fan. I don't mumble my lips when there's a trade or not. I'm free to speculate the offseason even if the season is not over yet. It's everybody's right to get ahead of the curve.

The logic of this discussion is all about signing a star that could replace an ailing member of the big-three. Regarding LMA, it was his decision to join the Spurs.. but you can't discredit the effort of coach Pop on courting him few days after the offseason started. There's a high possibility that Spurs will do the same on CP3 this offseason.

How old is Pau Gasol when we signed him last year? 25? lol he's more physically brittled than CP3. Sometimes it's not the age, but the value and I'm sure CP3 would be three times more valuable than TP after the season (both physical and mental).

Why would I be disappointed? Regardless of the team's decision I'll take it as a fan. I don't mumble my lips when there's a trade or not. I'm free to speculate the offseason even if the season is not over yet. It's everybody's right to get ahead of the curve.
    Wrong in all aspect of your argument. Oh boy. I see some special snowflake here. Why do young people nowadays gets ticked when their opinions are countered with another opinion?

Cant you see the difference between 2016 and this year? This is why I love this thread to go silent coz casual fans such as this guy are trying hard to be as edgy as they can be.

Does Pau Gasol carry a bigger burden on the Spurs than let's say, a ringless Chris Paul on the Clippers? We need a point guard yes and we have one named Murray. This roster is half vet half young and very capable.

But since you're an expert at these things, tell me how the Spurs can afford Paul with his 200M max contract? Please educate me on this matter before we start talking about rights.

Wrong in all aspect of your argument. Oh boy. I see some special snowflake here. Why do young people nowadays gets ticked when their opinions are countered with another opinion?

Cant you see the difference between 2016 and this year? This is why I love this thread to go silent coz casual fans such as this guy are trying hard to be as edgy as they can be.

Does Pau Gasol carry a bigger burden on the Spurs than let's say, a ringless Chris Paul on the Clippers? We need a point guard yes and we have one named Murray. This roster is half vet half young and very capable.

But since you're an expert at these things, tell me how the Spurs can afford Paul with his 200M max contract? Please educate me on this matter before we start talking about rights.
    No worries. You opinion doesn't irked me a bit. Let it fly.

Pau Gasol was acquired due to Boris Diaw and David West's departure from the team. We needed him as much as we needed David Lee. The team addressed the weak spot along with Tim's retirement.

I would rather have CP3/Murray than unhealthy TP9/Murray

I never claimed to be an expert. I don't run a company or any team.

If Spurs will buyout TP9's final year contract then we can land CP3 assuming he will accept paycut than getting max deal from any team.

Garnett-Allen-Peirce & James-Wade-Bosh was formed by sacrificing max deals with huge paycuts.

No worries. You opinion doesn't irked me a bit. Let it fly.

Pau Gasol was acquired due to Boris Diaw and David West's departure from the team. We needed him as much as we needed David Lee. The team addressed the weak spot along with Tim's retirement.

I would rather have CP3/Murray than unhealthy TP9/Murray

I never claimed to be an expert. I don't run a company or any team.

If Spurs will buyout TP9's final year contract then we can land CP3 assuming he will accept paycut than getting max deal from any team.

Garnett-Allen-Peirce & James-Wade-Bosh was formed by sacrificing max deals with huge paycuts.
    Tell me again, who was the biggest idiot who pushed this new CBA deal? I heard that man was the president if the union named Chris Paul. Maybe I heard it wrong, was it Cliff Paul of StateFarm ads? lol. You actually think that CP3, the youngest of the banana boat crew, would take a paycut? Not happening bro. PATFO is not as stupid as you think. Parker's presence alone is still valuable to the team.

Ever heard Pop speaking in front of the media always talking about how life and relationships are more important than basketball? Chris Paul doesnt suit that way of living, let alone Texas. If he happens to part ways with L.A., it's a no brainer that he should go back to NOLA and support that godly front court over there. Pursuing him is subtraction by subtraction.

What this team needs is a vocal Kawhi. You know make a few words here and there and with a roster consisting of DG, Mills, LMA, Murray, Simmons & Bertans, they could possibly go a long way. If Ibaka gets traded again by the Raptors, that one is absolutely needed to let LMA switch back to the scorer he once was.

200M could land you several key pieces instead of one overrated WCF virgin. Id take Mike Conley over him in a heartbeat.

Tell me again, who was the biggest idiot who pushed this new CBA deal? I heard that man was the president if the union named Chris Paul. Maybe I heard it wrong, was it Cliff Paul of StateFarm ads? lol. You actually think that CP3, the youngest of the banana boat crew, would take a paycut? Not happening bro. PATFO is not as stupid as you think. Parker's presence alone is still valuable to the team.

Ever heard Pop speaking in front of the media always talking about how life and relationships are more important than basketball? Chris Paul doesnt suit that way of living, let alone Texas. If he happens to part ways with L.A., it's a no brainer that he should go back to NOLA and support that godly front court over there. Pursuing him is subtraction by subtraction.

What this team needs is a vocal Kawhi. You know make a few words here and there and with a roster consisting of DG, Mills, LMA, Murray, Simmons & Bertans, they could possibly go a long way. If Ibaka gets traded again by the Raptors, that one is absolutely needed to let LMA switch back to the scorer he once was.

200M could land you several key pieces instead of one overrated WCF virgin. Id take Mike Conley over him in a heartbeat.
    If chasing a ring to cement his legacy would be his priority to take a paycut then I won't be surprised if he will. You can never guess how a desperation (career wise) could affect a player's offseason decision. He can turn down a max deal if he wants to. CP3 and the Spurs must be on the same page for that to happen.

I'm not gonna bash CP3 for his failures to get into WCF. He and his team can't catch a break with injuries almost every year.

You opinion about Kawhi and the rest of the member of the team looks promising. I highly agree and excites me even more.

If chasing a ring to cement his legacy would be his priority to take a paycut then I won't be surprised if he will. You can never guess how a desperation (career wise) could affect a player's offseason decision. He can turn down a max deal if he wants to. CP3 and the Spurs must be on the same page for that to happen.

I'm not gonna bash CP3 for his failures to get into WCF. He and his team can't catch a break with injuries almost every year.

You opinion about Kawhi and the rest of the member of the team looks promising. I highly agree and excites me even more.
    Again, why cant you accept the fact that Chris Paul, who is a co-maker of this ridiculous new CBA, is not going to take a paycut? You can dream of having a top tier point guard all you want but reality bites back harder when overlooked.

Just who in their right minds would actually value Larry O'Brien over 200 facking Million Dollars? And what legacy are you talking about? Being unable to finish a 3-1 lead over Houston a few years back in the semis that could've landed him in the WCF for the 1st time ever?

Again, why cant you accept the fact that Chris Paul, who is a co-maker of this ridiculous new CBA, is not going to take a paycut? You can dream of having a top tier point guard all you want but reality bites back harder when overlooked.

Just who in their right minds would actually value Larry O'Brien over 200 facking Million Dollars? And what legacy are you talking about? Being unable to finish a 3-1 lead over Houston a few years back in the semis that could've landed him in the WCF for the 1st time ever?
    Did I insist that he should? LOL The longer the discussion about Chris Paul the more obvious to realize that you hate him a lot. haha.. I wouldn't pout if Chris Paul won't take paycut and if the Spurs can't land him I can live with it.

Don't try to make it sound that max deal is everything to every superstar these days. Money will drain but title will live forever. That's why we love the Spurs so much because of their championships despite being a small-market organization. Remind yourself with that. Players and fans would take pride more on rings than money. That would be enough to motivate Chris Paul to sign with any contender (Spurs as frontline candidate) next season knowing that Blake Griffin's chances of re-signing to the Clips is bleak.
    Last edited by koontz_circle; 05-06-2017 at 08:18 AM.

11.    Advertisement