Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Stampede reported in Mango

Police were verifying a reported stampede along Gen. Maxilom Ave. at around 11 p.m. Sunday.
    Several people were reported to have fainted and sustained minor injuries during the commotion, which happened after the Sinulog Grand Parade.
    Jeany Eve Ynot, 22, said the crowd near a bookstore started to thicken at around 9 p.m. as revelers converged in the area for the post-Sinulog street parties.
    Because of the huge crowd, some fainted. And because emergency medical teams could not get through the crowd, it took more than 30 minutes to get to those who needed assistance.
    Ynot said she sustained minor bruises and decided to stay in a coffeeshop. As of 12 midnight, the crowd has not lessened, she added.
    Facebook user Joshua Barino said he and his friends brought a young woman, who fainted by the roadside, to the emergency room of a nearby hospital at about 11:30 p.m. last night.
    John Dejesica, unit assistant at Chong Hua Hospital, said two girls were brought to the ER after they fainted.

Read more: Stampede reported in Mango | Cebu Daily News
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Blog Entries

Photo credits: Dr. Erwin T. Lim

Last edited by gracie7; 01-18-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Mao dyud na tagam na ko tan aw Sinulog, last year hadlok na gani kaau to daan ang mga side streets sa mango ave., amo experience ato nag sugat ang crowd unya naa mi sa middle sa road lisod kaau i-escape, mag cge pa duot ang naa sa luyo, lisod na kaau i-ginhawa. Samot na cguro karon nga as reported nagka daghan pa dyud ni apil sa revelries. Likely ni mahitabo sa kadaghan tao ug wla proper management sa authorities according sa studies sa crowd mechanics
    Hajj crush: how crowd disasters happen, and how they can be avoided | World news | The Guardian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex98sander View Post
    Mao dyud na tagam na ko tan aw Sinulog, last year hadlok na gani kaau to daan ang mga side streets sa mango ave., amo experience ato nag sugat ang crowd unya naa mi sa middle sa road lisod kaau i-escape, mag cge pa duot ang naa sa luyo, lisod na kaau i-ginhawa. Samot na cguro karon nga as reported nagka daghan pa dyud ni apil sa revelries. Likely ni mahitabo sa kadaghan tao ug wla proper management sa authorities according sa studies sa crowd mechanics
    Hajj crush: how crowd disasters happen, and how they can be avoided | World news | The Guardian
    Expected nman gud na grabe unta ang tao myta ila gidoble ang crowd control. Tsk3

last year ky ny nanglaby ug botelya...pero murag arang2 ni ron ky walay gipang haya sa dalan sa kahubog

With the kind of crowd that Sinulog attracts, these things (stampede, pick-pockets...or even riots) are bound to happen. People go there for various reasons. Some are opportunists (pick-pockets, molesters), some are superstitious (they believe Sinulog dancing will spare them from misfortune for the whole year) and the rest are just curious to see what the fuss is all about while drinking beer. What's new about the Sinulog that we haven't seen before?

lol stampede. wala may stampede oi. nangakuyapan ra gyud to sila.sobraan sa party party. basin wala toy kaon sila or walay inom2x ug tubig.

I was actually there when the stampede happened. ddto dapit sa century plaza ngdinu-otay kai ganahan maka-una kung asa ilang padulngan. pun-an pjud nga rowdy kayo ang uban taw nya naka-inom. pirteng sakita sa akong tiil kai gipangtumban ra.

#partypamore same scenario kana dha dapita even 10 yrs ago mao na mahitabo kada sinulog mao di na jd mo usab lol...

Mango... the modern "Sodom" of Cebu....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast