Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

idola aning @cebugdev oie haha Master Jedi @cebugdev can i be your padawan ?

maayo pa ang Cebu naay topics/ideas/trainings na mga ing-ani ang Davao kaha? Naa moy nahibal-an na trainings/workshops or even group for Game Developers in Davao?

hahahhaa...its not about the knowledge on OOP man guro boss, or its not a question if nakasabot ba ko or wala kai if wa sad cguro ko kasabot natangtang nako sa ako trbaho rn hehehehe.. ,,i guess ang ako masulti is the lack of experience and imagination on how to relate it into games, di man ko gamer di sab ko game dev og wala koi idea sa ilang gipangbuhat pero kai nagsugod man ko og duwa sa og games sa android i just can't help to think nga sophisticated ang pagbuhat ana, mao ng interested ra kau to know or even have the slightest idea on how those bolts and nuts are being done ....hahahaha...naa kai ma.advice nga books cebugdev for starters?

i agree nga a lot of developers think they know about OOP.. yes they might know the concept but they don't really know how to effectively use it as well as the principles.. i have been with 3 companies, the first of which is stuck in procedural programming while the other 2, although they know the importance, they didn't really know the real concept... not really having a good grasp about OOP.. maybe they are just being practical but it shouldn't be an excuse if working on a large project.. i admit myself, tapulan ko usahay.. hahaha..

i was actually able to create 3 games na, one used XNA which I used just to understand some concepts about game development.. based on tutorial ra to.. the other one was a result of proving to my colleagues that game development can be done with just plain C#.NET using GDI+.. pusta-anay me ato, kabayad lage sila.. lingaw pa sila sa game (Tong-its!).. hehehe.. a little math and physics were needed pero dili jud mastery...

the last game i made which was last year kay "game of the generals".. using node.js and javascript.. again, simple ra ang concept sa game.. it's actually open source.. hehe..

now, all my games are simple.. sometimes i did shortcuts sa katapulan but nevertheless, i can say nga you can create games without mastery of what @cebugdev said.. i know i am not a master.. hehehe.. that said, it depends kung unsa nga games pud imong himoon.. i tried to enter RPG using XNA but it just takes too much of my time so i didn't proceed.. serious game development requires serious time and dedication.. if you are a business developer and wanted to try serious game development, good luck!

ako gamer jd ko pero kung makakita ko sa mga art and inovative design...murag nahan ko madevelop ang ako talent nya interested sad ko nga makalearn ug digital arts hehehe

halloo... naka suway ko game dev... online game siya... ako ra nuon ga himo sa server
    mabuhay programmers... ma bored ko mag himo ug UI PIT SEŅOR!!

unsay gamiton pag himo games d i sa android?

Quote Originally Posted by Emax View Post
    depende sa imo games... if nahan ka 3d maka gamit ka OpenGL ES... naa say uban free libs imo magamit, like AndEngine para di ka maglabad sa physics

Quote Originally Posted by Emax View Post
    for 2D just use the native android 2D canvas, or you can use HTML5 wrapped in a webview,
    for 3D OpenGL ES, but you need to learn 3D theory first.

people forgot that game programming is just programming but with images.
    so if you already know and comfortable about programming you will not ask 'where to start' as starting game dev is just same as starting writing any software.
    Last edited by cebugdev; 01-18-2015 at 12:28 PM.

check corona sdk, it will save you a lot of time when developing games for mobile. For 3d, try unity3d. Game development is not a rocket science, you just need to have a very nice idea.

Looking for Gun shift & Angular JS Developers . Salary open and very negotiable. work location mabolo, cebu. this is for a startup company.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast