Default Smart FUP on Pocket Wifi

I have long been aware of the fair use policy of Smart but it has been constantly been denied by their customer service reps. Can anybody help me clarify this issue?

I have a pocket wifi postpaid plan with a 999 anti shock billing and i noticed that during the first week of every month, connection is quite fast but it drastically slows down on the third and last week. Feeling frustrated i called up their CSR to inquire about pre terminating my plan but they told me they can only do so if i pay the remaining months of my contract. Tabla ra of saying your stuck with us. The CSR asked the reason why i wanted to pre-terminate and i told him that i was not happy with my connection speed and more so their Fair Use Policy, but again he told me that my plan like all mobile devices are not covered by the policy.

Question, was the guy pulling my leg? or is it true that it my plan is not covered by the policy?

up for this please

anybody here can help?

pareho pud ta TS. globe pocket wifi lang ako. 1st week, kusog kaayo ang download nako sa torrent. nilapas manpud ko sa cap nga 15gig/month. so, ni huwat nalang ko mo 1month para mo reset ang cap nga 15gig nko. pero hinay man kaayo gihapon torrent download hangtod karon. back-up raman unta ni nako. wa kaayo magamit kay naa pud wired broadband sa balay. nindot na kaayo ipaputol ang plan nko sa pocket wifi sa globe.
    Last edited by yans311; 02-13-2014 at 07:36 PM.

help please, anyone?

up for this please

Cge man gud na sila pangilad og "Unlimited" internet for xxxx pesos. Unsa man jud purpose anang FUP?

Example lang mao ni akong analysis:
    1. Pinoy ISP buys 1 Gigabit bandwidth from Singtel for PHP 500,000
    2. 1 Gigabit = 1024 Megabit
    3. 1024 cash cow pinoys get 1 Megabit for PHP 999 pesos per month after being fooled by the word "UNLIMITED". Pinoy ISP gets PHP 1,022,976 per month. This is enough to pay for the bandwidth + overheads + snacks + kurakot + hocus pocus inside the pinoy ISP company.
    4. Pinoy ISP continues to sell 1 Megabit plans even if they know the 1 Gigabit line is already FULL. But there is a danger here, if new subscribers don't get the full 1 Megabit when they sign in the Pinoy ISP can be sued. So they circumvent the law, pay NTC officials or government officials etc.
    5. Pinoy ISP, with their uber intelligence brings up the FUP. They tell the public that it is for their protection, to have a pleasurable online experience they need to limit the connection so all can get their fair share when you hit the cap. But every plan holder is paying 999 to get 1 Megabit, why in the world would they drop the speed na they are paying for it with hard earned money. The 1024 x 1 megabit plans are already paying for their investment + expenses and ginansha na sila.
    6. So basically, pinoy ISP is on the legal side if you look at the plans they are selling. People will reach the cap eventually, so new subscribers will still get their full 1 Megabit speed when they sign up.
    7. The process goes on and on.
    8. So who is making money? Kinsa man ang luoy?

pwd rana nimo dili bayran . .. pero dili naka maka apply balik bad record naka nila.
    padalhan ka ug mga suwat ana nga kasohan ka.
    gkapoyan na cguro cla ug padala naku ug suwat . wala namn koi nadawat heheh

So, BS tung gisulti sa ako? that my pocket WIFI is not covered by the fup?

First. Mobile WiFi still uses the GSM/3G network. When you happen you be in an area where a lot of subscribers avail of the mobile data, congestion may happen.

Second. FUP throttles the users access to the network to ensure that network is available to everyone. This gives you a guarantee that at certain period of time, you get premium to reasonable service. This however is no guarantee that you will get premium service the whole time.

11.    Advertisement