Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5057585960616263 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cebu.opportunities View Post
    @miramax,

2.2 Holding period, Redemption and Reinvestment
    sakto si sir makie, hehe...

Holding period= 30 days after it has been spinned-off to regular UITF.

Redemption = anytime. if you wish to pre-terminate, with charges.
    = if after holding period, ditso na multiply the COP's participation units to the day's navpu pag-redeem

Reinvestment
    = you have the option to invest 10k only or iapil ang gains.

Note:
    Whenever it has been spinned-off na, regular UITF terms and conditions apply na dayon.

So both EIP and the regular UITF imo i-keep track ani. Recording and monitoring purposes lang.
    I think di ka kabuot when siya iinvest if naka-EIP but makabuot ka when i-redeem. When redeemed and you want to reinvest it again, makabuot naka when i-sud.

hi mam good afternoon kung magredeem po ba ng equity anu ang susundin na navpu? example po dec 5, 10am ako magredeem anu po ang icocompute na navpu dec 5 or next day na navpu? thanks in advance

@bishop_
    You're welcome sir.
    @tamundoy
    Redemption:
    If you were able to redeem it before cut-off time which is at 12 noon, the navpu to be followed is same-day.
    If it exceeds the cut-off time, next banking day.

Example given:
    Redemption Date: Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:00am
    NAVPU of December 5, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bishop__ View Post
    Hello, I'm not sure if this is off topic, hope it's not since my question is still regarding Mutual funds.
    So here it is... I found these figures online, but I don't understand what is meant by Return ?

Let's take for example "First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund 7.94% October 2013 YTD Return" , what is meant by 7.94% ? and 1-year Return, 3-year Return, 5-year Return ? Are this projections?
    These are not projections, these are actual returns from the past year, 3 years and 5 years.
    Also try to check if its cumulative or average. If its average, its the average return per year in the last 3 and 5 years. If its cumulative, it is the total gain in a year, the last 3 years and the last 5 years.

I copied this from the site i found:
    October 2013 - Equity Mutual Funds Performance
    EQUITY FUNDS October 2013 YTD Return 1-year Return 3-year Return 5-year Return
    PESO STOCK FUNDS
    Philippine Stock Index Fund 14.52% 22.69% 17.12% 28.12%
    Philequity PSE Index Fund Inc 14.13% 21.21% 17.11% 27.77%
    Philequity Fund 12.26% 20.36% 17.30% 31.00%
    ATRKE Equity Opportunity Fund 12.23% 19.11% 12.06% 24.03%
    ALFM Growth Fund 10.03% 16.30% 9.51% N.A.
    Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Equity Fund 8.03% 16.51% 14.20% 23.26%
    First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund 7.94% 12.75% 14.43% 30.71%
    ATRKE Alpha Opportunity Fund 6.60% N.A. N.A. N.A.
    Philam Strategic Growth Fund 3.09% 8.09% 11.36% 25.29%
    United Fund 1.78% 5.27% 5.99%

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    For example, the Philippine Stock Index Fund. YTD means the return from January 2013 until the present date. In that span of time, the fund gave 14.52% return. The 1 year return is the return for a full year (ex. November 30, 2012 until Nov. 30 2013) which is 22.69%. The three year return is the average return for the past three years (ex. Nov. 30, 2010 to Nov. 30 2013) which is 17.12% and the five year return is the average return for the past five years (ex. Nov. 30 2008 until Nov. 30 2013) which is 28.12%.

I would also like to emphasize that past returns are not guarantees of future performance. Notice some funds that were top gainers in the 3-year and 5-year return, they aren't the top gainers in the YTD and 1-year returns and vice versa. Some people actually look at it that way which is kinda inefficient though it helps.

Redemption:
    If you were able to redeem it before cut-off time which is at 12 noon, the navpu to be followed is same-day.
    If it exceeds the cut-off time, next banking day.

Example given:
    Redemption Date: Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:00am
    NAVPU of December 5, 2013[/QUOTE]

@cebu.opportunities
    Thank you po...

Hello mga masters I badly need your advise. been a lurker in this kind of threads here for almost a year now. missed many of the opportunities in 2012 and during the first and 2nd quarter of 2013 to invest but it's just one of the realities you have to accept especially when you don't own the funds and somebody (conservative as hell) is calling the shots.. The problem right now is this "common funds" (8-digit) sitting idle at the bank after the time deposit had expired. Now this somebody is asking me to scout for potential investment portfolios which has the least amount of risk and at the same time yielding 3x or more return than the average time deposit.. I'm no expert on this field nor have ample experience but this somebody, as well as two others, have no choice but to let me do the task since they're no better either and I have more contacts with the financial institutions. Knowing what kind of "investors" these people are, I will make a draft proposal and I want to know if I'm headed to the right direction:

Start-up Investment: X,5XX,XXX (which is 10% of the total common funds)
    Investment Timeframe: 30 days up to 3 years
    Type of Investment: Diversified (MF, UITF, Stock Market/ETF)

Investment Pie:

45%- UITF divided equally among Fixed Income, Balanced, and Equity Fund.
    or divided equally among the most preferred portfolio based on performance on the following banks:
    1. PNB
    2. BDO
    3. BPI

45%- MF divided equally among Fixed Income, Balanced, and Equity Fund
    or divided equally among the most preferred portfolio based on performance on the following MF companies:
    1. First Metro
    2. PhilEquity
    3. PAMI

10%- Stock Market/ Hybrid ETF

Ok ba ni?
    I noticed most values on equity and balanced funds are going down for the past few weeks now. Is it high time to buy? like tomorrow? or wait and see muna until it stops going downward?

^ naay kuwang nga info. What are his/her existing investments (tangible and paper) (and protection of wealth, health, life) and their corresponding terms?

basi, pwede pa ipa-stretch ang pag-diversify.

lahi2x man og style sad sa pag-invest, nahan siya'g one-time or mag peso-cost averaging?

if you invest everything/the whole percentage of the allocated fund all at once, sayang pud in mo go downward pa after FOMC meeting. (sako rpud na nga side, hehe... excited sa i-share sa mga bigatin nga investors/traders )

Quote Originally Posted by KlaytoN View Post
    Hello mga masters I badly need your advise. been a lurker in this kind of threads here for almost a year now. missed many of the opportunities in 2012 and during the first and 2nd quarter of 2013 to invest but it's just one of the realities you have to accept especially when you don't own the funds and somebody (conservative as hell) is calling the shots.. The problem right now is this "common funds" (8-digit) sitting idle at the bank after the time deposit had expired. Now this somebody is asking me to scout for potential investment portfolios which has the least amount of risk and at the same time yielding 3x or more return than the average time deposit.. I'm no expert on this field nor have ample experience but this somebody, as well as two others, have no choice but to let me do the task since they're no better either and I have more contacts with the financial institutions. Knowing what kind of "investors" these people are, I will make a draft proposal and I want to know if I'm headed to the right direction:

Investment Pie:

or divided equally among the most preferred portfolio based on performance on the following banks:
    1. PNB
    2. BDO
    3. BPI

or divided equally among the most preferred portfolio based on performance on the following MF companies:
    1. First Metro
    2. PhilEquity
    3. PAMI

Ok ba ni?
    I noticed most values on equity and balanced funds are going down for the past few weeks now. Is it high time to buy? like tomorrow? or wait and see muna until it stops going downward?
    Bro, those 3 options you have provided will give you 3x or more return than a time deposit but time horizon is very important in investing. 30 days would be very short(either in a good or bad market). 3 years would be fair enough if you will do the money cost averaging.

@KlaytoN: Here are some suggestions:

[1] Avoid the balanced funds. It's just a mix of equity and fixed income funds.

[2] Assuming that your investment horizon is three years max, invest more in fixed income funds. For example, 60% to 70% in fixed income and 30% to 40% in equities. As a rule of thumb, the shorter the investment horizon, the lesser the exposure in stocks should be.

[3] In your UITF options, I suggest you also add Security Bank. They're one of the best when it comes to UITFs.

[4] I'm not so sure about UITFs but in mutual funds, you can shift funds (ex. equity to fixed income and vice versa) for free (up to 4 times in a year). Such feature is very helpful during market swings.

I've got a question though:

divided equally among Fixed Income, Balanced, and Equity Fund
    Are you planning to open an equity, balanced and fixed income funds in each of those banks and mutual fund companies?

Quote Originally Posted by KlaytoN View Post

Investment Pie:

1. PNB
    2. BDO
    3. BPI

1. First Metro
    2. PhilEquity
    3. PAMI

Ok ba ni?
    For me lang Bro ha, wala ni ma-diversify imong wawarts .... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by nowayL View Post
    For me lang Bro ha, wala ni ma-diversify imong wawarts .... hehe
    like kana affected and "not affected" sa stock market...
    - Fixed income Securities, Bonds, Treasury Bills (conservative)
    - directly and indirectly affected sa stock market (UITF, MF, ETF, stock market investing/trading) (moderate to high risk)
    - Coop
    - other sources (partnerships, financing, etc)
    - if apil pa real estate properties, dako man kaon sa kwarta and possible dugay pa ma liquid

11.    Advertisement

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5057585960616263 ... LastLast