Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarian View Post
    This is a perfect example of a person with a balloon head.

As the way I see it there's no hint of hatred of Muslims in the TS posting of this article. And as the way I see it, someone has got over his head.
    Correct. Nag inform raman si TS sa sitwasyon sa Japan regarding Muslim relations. I don't smell any hate around it.

Kung ang mga muslim maayo mamugot ug ulo, hasta man pod ang mga ninja / samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by gotnowheels View Post
    What's the difference with Islam and Christians? Nothing...
    Murag daghan: ex. Jihad - holy war...

A line in the article which i think is true: muslims - fundamentalists who are unwilling to give up their point of view...

If you'll see the news - mostly from muslim countries - killin each other, suicide bombers, bombing establishments, preparing mass destruction weapons, etc... You cant help but generalize em...but then again, muslims here in cebu havent caused any major troubles and have remained in keepin a low profile...

Bahala tawgon racist but i personally feel a lot safer in non muslim areas...

Japan is the only country which restricts ALL foreigners, including Muslims. Unlike Europe which accepts Islamic immigrants (most of whom are actually terrorists) wholelheartedly, japan is very restrictive on its immigration. Its very hard to obtain residency, and even diplomats have to leave immediately after their term expires.

Many japanese, especially the more traditional minded, practices a form of ethnocentrism, which encourages only marrying Japanese citizens. Marrying from other races and with different beliefs is usually suspect.

Although religious tolerance and freedom is guaranteed in Japanese constitution, public practice of religion and proselytizing is forbidden. Proselytizing is usually done underground, as in the case of Catholicism.

These are some reasons why Islam (and other religions) find it hard to propagate in Japan.

^^ True, sa Cebu City, dili troublesome ang mga muslim communities.

PERO, try sa mga muslim selling DVD's. Pag pangita2x sa ilang DVD, or pangutana2x pero dili diay ka mopalit. Sundon2x ka ug libak, naay uban mag minuslim / maranao, naay uban e threaten jud ka ug binisaya.

Mao na, kung dili ko mopalit, dili jud ko mag ukay2x or mangutana2x... except kung ang nag bantay kay dili muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan301 View Post
    Murag daghan: ex. Jihad - holy war...

A line in the article which i think is true: muslims - fundamentalists who are unwilling to give up their point of view...

If you'll see the news - mostly from muslim countries - killin each other, suicide bombers, bombing establishments, preparing mass destruction weapons, etc... You cant help but generalize em...but then again, muslims here in cebu havent caused any major troubles and have remained in keepin a low profile...

Bahala tawgon racist but i personally feel a lot safer in non muslim areas...
    funny thing is that muslim's also feel the same. i think it's because that they are so seculuded that we don't know anything about them... but I lived in Mindanao for 2 years, they never really bothered me.

given that there are muslim fanatics as well as christains who don't easily give up their views as well to fit into society. anyways that is my opinion, and I understand why you feel safer in non muslim areas, because before I am scared as well.

Blog Entries

I agree with @iSTORYA nga ang title ni TS @phatphat and title sa article writer has the 'same thought'. Iya lang gi-change ang words. I'm not sure if @JcBoY has read the message at the bottom part of the article:

"Originally published at Middle East and Terrorism under the title, A Country without Muslims. Translated into English by Sally Zahav."

vs Thread title: "Japan: The Land Without Muslims."

Same same lang, right?

The article is very good and interesting. However, I strongly believe that the title of the article is contradicting its content. Most especially on this part:

"The Japanese approach to Muslims is also evidenced by the numbers: in Japan there are 127 million residents, but only ten thousand Muslims, less than one hundredth of a percent. "

This statement alone defeats the title itself. Not only this but several points on the article disclaims the title. I don't know if it's just with the translation or maybe it's really what the writer had in mind.

OT: I don't see anything that's wrong with the principles of the Japanese on this. In fact, I respect it. It even has many good points in it. Say for example their attitude towards employment clearly stated and explained on this statement:

"Migrant workers are perceived negatively in Japan, because they take the place of Japanese workers. A Japanese employer feels obligated to employ Japanese workers even if it costs much more than it would to employ foreign workers. The traditional connection between an employee and employer in Japan is much stronger than in the West, and the employer and employee feel a mutual commitment to each other."

Basically, it is like saying Japan protects its countrymen simply because it's owned solely by its people. And this is absolutely undebatable.

Their outlook towards muslim people and its religion may seem racist but if you would only think deeper it's actually not. This only shows the world how firm the Japanese are.

Kaning mga muslim people kuyaw kaau ug belief sa religion, willing to kill and to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bernard View Post
    ^^ True, sa Cebu City, dili troublesome ang mga muslim communities.

PERO, try sa mga muslim selling DVD's. Pag pangita2x sa ilang DVD, or pangutana2x pero dili diay ka mopalit. Sundon2x ka ug libak, naay uban mag minuslim / maranao, naay uban e threaten jud ka ug binisaya.

Mao na, kung dili ko mopalit, dili jud ko mag ukay2x or mangutana2x... except kung ang nag bantay kay dili muslim.
    out of topic:

although in the past there were instances when i patronized pirated DVD's, it is well - known that sale from pirated DVD's is used to fund terrorism.

Maybe we need to starve this pirated DVD business to death and let terrorism die a natural death due to lack of funds.

Banned User Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie.86 View Post
    out of topic:

although in the past there were instances when i patronized pirated DVD's, it is well - known that sale from pirated DVD's is used to fund terrorism.

Maybe we need to starve this pirated DVD business to death and let terrorism die a natural death due to lack of funds.
    It's close to impossible. First we need to reform our government. An FOI Law is all it needs.

Poverty is what makes people resort to buying cheap pirated DVDs. Reduce or completely eliminate poverty and everything else will follow.

Sorry OT man diay ni.

On topic: Let's respect one another.

ang mga Hapon donay "KAMIKAZE" panahon sa WW2 og sa MUSLIM version pud nga "SUICIDE BOMBER o HUMAN BOMB" magka pareho nga IDEA nila donay osa ka tao nga maka patay og DAGHAN NA TAO........Sakto ba.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast