Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: In Fact It's NOT On Your FAQ

[color=navy]
    I think we should place some perspective here. This is just virtual space we are talking about, isn't it?

Why SUPER-SIZE the issue?

As a child, I used to have a lot of expectations about myself, about other people and about life. Growing up, expecting a lot, I think everybody knows what that leads to. Disappointments.

So early on I have developed this simple policy that one shouldn't expect anything except the unexpected, but we can hope. We can sure hope. We can surely hope for the best in people, for the best in things. But never expect. Never expect.

Especially when it comes to people. One sure thing you can really trust about people is to expect them being people; flawed, imperfect, busy, impolite sometimes downright rude, often selfish, generally human.

Quote Originally Posted by n`gel
    My point here is, kung importante diay para niya ang post count and wishes to clarify on this, however delivered weexpectyou guys to be apologetic instead of obviously being indirectly sarcastic.
    [color=navy]There you go. Expectations. We cannot expect people to do things in a way we think they should ought to do it. We can only hope. I find its a sound policy, it's less disappointing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by n`gel
    It is time that you see members as potential customers and should be dealing with them more diplomatically, I think. I think ra na ha.
    [color=navy]
    I think that's not what really iStorya.net is all about. I think that the powers that be of this forum site do not expect people who become members here to be anymore than just people who'd like to gab and chat, make friends, and share ideas. If one wants to get a premium and platinum membership here for business and other purposes sure the forum can accommodate. If one doesn't, well that's just fine, too.

I think what I am trying to say is that the powers that be in this forum expect nothing more from its members other than to be people, and I would like to suggest that we extend to them the same expectations; Admin, SiteKeepers, Moderators-- they're people too. So let us not expect them to be more than who they are (even though they hold special titles and "powers", its all virtual okay). We can hope, but not expect.

Should iStorya.net become a business? Make it earn good money so that we, the members, could expect good customer service like as if its an exclusive country club except that its online?!

Gosh, golly gee.. hmmm I don't know... I guess it's really up to the Administrators to decide on that really.

What I feel though is that once iStorya.net become a business, then it would lose something that makes it interesting. And I'm not really fond of country clubs.

In country clubs, the personnel are so professional and polite, willing and accommodating. The place is neat and organized, almost picture perfect. Oh one can find amusement and relaxation there, but how about excitement? How about challenge? How about a little chaos?

That is why people have real lives in cities and towns-- 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Country clubs are for special occasions, holidays or weekends if one can afford it.

I'll be honest, I hope that iStorya.net doesn't become a country club-like forum site. Because for me, it wouldn't be iStorya anymore.

Hoy taasa, wait sa mamahaw sa ko.

what's all this biggie anyways? i don't understand why you guys are making such a big deal out of this.. whether members may be called owners or not, we RUN istorya..

wtihout admins/sitekeepers/members, there wouldn't have been any iSTORYA at all, right?

the girl's intentions are merely about pushing out a glitch in istorya that she feels needs improvement.. now what's wrong with that?

btw, just woke up so.... skwela sko..

Blog Entries

Support iSTORYA.NET if you want to... but never expect a royal treatment in return as you will only get disappointed. It is clearly stated that "* If you only registered here to get banned, don't waste your money."

Our biggest sponsors (Preferred Partners) never expect any special treatment, so should everyone else. This place isn't about pleasing everybody... it is about abiding by the rules. If we treat our paying members as customers, chaos will slowly seep in once people see that. People will abuse the thought that "Hey, if we pay we can do whatever we want. The Site Keepers can't touch us."... I won't let that happen. If you want to support the site, do so without expecting anything in return... otherwise, spend your money somewhere else. We can use it, but we don't need it.

As with moderating... true we are a little "overwhelmed"... but thanks to our responsible members who help us by reporting violations, it is still manageable.

... and lastly, I thank you all for your concern.

Dili man na special treatment, who mentioned about special treatment? Naay ga expect? Kinsa? I'm just merely expressing my opinion about kinaiya sa pag-address ug mga reklamo such as this. Don't get me wrong about the potential customer, dili man literal akong buot pasabot. But at least hinay-hinayon ug usab ang superbyo nga mga kinaiya, mao ra na. Gamayng konsiderasyon ug pagsabot lang pud.

Expectations? Pareho raman ta naay mga expectations.

Aw diha naka nasayop BeoR. Do you really think that I support this site because of the people behind it? Kay gapatagad ko nila? Kay gusto ko ma amigo ma amiga sila? Nope, I don't care who people are here anymore except for one. The only reason why I continue to support this site because of its life, itself, because of the discussions. Mga pulong, mga words, mga sentences, mga diskurso. So what you're saying is, just because we decide to make a little contribution nga ga expect mi tinarungon ninyo? Nope, you can bring it on all you like. We make contributions tungod sa forum, not because of the people running it, coz for one don't really care anymore.

Way nangayo ug special treatment uy, forget that notion kay masinabtanon ra ko, ang ako ba ang uban nga dili kaayo tantong makasabot ninyo. Support lang mi kay giganahan mi sa forum, and the reason why nindot ang forum, because of everybody's contribution, kada usang membro ug kinsang pontio pilatong tagsa-tagsang pamulong.

Konsiderasyon lang pud mao ra, be a little more diplomatic and TOLERANT ginagmay to make it a little more democratic para pud molambo ug mohumot. Mao ra. And hasul pud lagi ning hinay mao pud intawn akong gamay nga concern. Matabangan ba diay nang ingon ana ug mag superbyo pud ni sila diri ug naay ginangmayng reaksyon? Normal raman na. Sensitibo ra lagi kuno mo ingon pas kadaghanan.

Sud-unga ra pud na inyong panubag ni alcheme' lang daan. Dili nalang gyud maka hinay-hinay and too much ba diay pud na pangayuon ninyo? Too much ba diay nang moingon pud ko ka mga pilosopo ba pud ani nila. Mo pay utro pung mahait manulti si alcheme' tubagon sad ug mga mahait nga pamulong. Tsk tsk. Wa nay lain?

Blog Entries

I never implied that I was referring to you. I was merely addressing your statement.

You see, to me people are just people. But istorya has importance of its own, it has its own sense, consisting of countless of contributions from many other people. With the advert of paid memberships, soliciting donations, everybody owns istorya now, not just one or two or 10 people. So don't we have any right still to say what we feel we should say? Should we be zipping our mouths because we're just but mere members? Nope I don't think so. Some members ain't just mere members anymore. I'm not saying I am one of these members kay di man ko platinum member, di lang ko mahadlok mosulti sa ako gusto isulti, di bale nang tabangan i don't really care, I'm used to it anyways.
    No one is barred from expressing how they feel and what they feel is right. However, say it with tact. Consideration is a two way street much like communication.

Pero tinuod man. Kanus-a man kuno naay ni violently react to something nga dili attacked harshly? Though indirectly pero klaro gihapon kaayo. Suma, naa bay mo pabilin nga mga topics nga reactions sa boards? Wala. I delete. I ban. So makes us wonder, wala diay tay right mosulti ug negative diri? Pwede akong suwayan?

Blog Entries

Browse around, there are a lot of topics with negative remarks. However, direct remarks against persons is a different ballpark. This topic wouldn't have become as "complicated" had she asked a simple question such as "Why isn't my post count correct?" and had she worded the body with a little tact... she would have gotten a more pleasant response.

And to quote the 26th and last of all the Frequently Asked Questions + your answer:

"Why doesn't my post count go up?
    You might be posting only in the Buy / Sell and Humor boards. Posts under those boards are not counted to encourage users to join more interactive discussions."

Frankly, I'm not worried or jealous about not being or becoming a super member on this site. But when you're not credited for anything you've actually made time for and exhausted considerable effort pouring out your thoughts on as your own little way of giving something back to humanity and making this site truly what's it's cracked up to be--a forum--that has gotta hurt. Let alone reminds you of how sore your back has been from sitting too long in front of your PC, which, in my case, usually extends beyond my "real work" sked, just trying to make this work--for everybody.

I remember completely posting, NOT replying, thirty-one {31} topics for the little ones to pore on or tinker with, whichever applies. Realizing that you only counted twenty-eight {28} I presumed you erased some of my inputs for whatever reason you might have for doing such, and I'm sure you always got one or two prepared to intercept all and every honest question your members have for you. And then I discovered you never did--good to know--only somehow neglected to ascribe the missing "figures" to my féz, from which I felt badly ripped off merely on the account of all my work, my "2.5 cents", my time away from home--and my Kimi! {She's a beagle.}

I've read and reread everything on your FAQ corner, and then some, many times over that I feel I should receive an award by now--"reader of the year" if I may. And no, I am NOT a bad girl. I actually follow rules. And I could have just done this privately {PM}. But on the 2nd thought, getting this out through here might give the issue more impetus apart from the probability of benefiting others, who are equally eager and unsuspecting, by virtue of this publicity.

So c'mon, be a honey and just give the girl the credit she deserves. I'm sure a fairly generous incentive from your end wouldn't hurt, would it?

Thank you.

That only proves we are a diverse people here, pulos mga brown pero lahiĀ² ug mga taras. It's that moment, that moment of anguish, makes them wanna just blurt out the words. You see that rule, against personal attacks, implies a somewhat wide limitation, murang zipper. Wa na nitingog si alcheme' wa nay lami. Sige, ayo ayo mo diha.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast