Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: In Fact It's NOT On Your FAQ

would you like fries with that?

Blog Entries

n`gel:

yes, perhaps we can derive substance from her argument, just as one gleans chaff from grain; discarding the irrelevant warmongering from the true purpose of the the complaint.

but there are times when the serving of such dish becomes too unbearable distasteful, that one begins to think that the chaff and the grain were intended to be forced into our throats all at the same time. something that a complaint with a 'substance', from a supposedly 'well-intentioned' persona i doubt would even contemplate.

the last time i checked, alchemé had 39 posts; 1 of which is in the Bin. that makes 38 posts that should have been counted as they are all in the Boards, and not 35 as it appeared. i suspect a glitch in the post counter.

as you can see, all her posts are still in the boards. that means if we really want substance and not just sheer volume indicated by the post counter, and if we really adhere to 'quality over quantity', this minor glitch is really just that: a minor glitch that does not deserve to be blown out of proportion. her posts are all accounted for in the boards, so if we want to see the work she has put up in those posts, we all can readily see it.

as with your problems against certain moderators, you can always talk to the admin. you know them better than i do.
    “What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Blog Entries

alchemé, you remind of a good old Senator. In a game of scrabble, I'd probably lose to you by 200 points. ^_^ Anyway, forgive the miscalculation. As you can see, grandpa server is getting senile. Miscounts, stress, and sometimes he even dozes off while at work. Poor grandpa server, I wish I can do more for him than the usual massage and pat in the back I give him from time to time. But worry not, as we speak grandpa server is in the process of picking one worthy successor among his thousands of grandchildren. In time, a younger and better server will take over his reigns eliminating most of the problems... a server that will vigorously crunch hundreds/thousands of requests with utmost ease. Until then, we will have to make do of what grandpa server can handle... and please, use sarcasm wisely... more often than not, it will backfire. ^_^.... and look, my post count is 0 when it should be 3803... bah, no biggie.

Please leave matters regarding our Site Keepers to us. I am the one who sees the logs, not you. I know whether they are doing their jobs or not. In and out of iSTORYA.NET, our present group of Site Keepers are doing what should be done. I seldom post, does that make me an inefficient administrator? When we see the need, new Site Keepers will be nominated and added.

just reminds me that i haven't flexed my 'mouse-clickin' muscles for those extra buttons for a while... should I? i better just get back to work.

thanks for coming!!!
    WATCH YOUR ATTITUDE!

Oh I don't really mean to be bad like you always misjudge me. Just mere observation, doesn't mean I'm right coz I know I definitely am not right all the time. I wish istorya the better, all the time. I'm not telling you what to do too... pahungaw ba lang pud sa gibati. But still like I said, i don't mean you no harm. I'm all support, still.

You see, to me people are just people. But istorya has importance of its own, it has its own sense, consisting of countless of contributions from many other people. With the advert of paid memberships, soliciting donations, everybody owns istorya now, not just one or two or 10 people. So don't we have any right still to say what we feel we should say? Should we be zipping our mouths because we're just but mere members? Nope I don't think so. Some members ain't just mere members anymore. I'm not saying I am one of these members kay di man ko platinum member, di lang ko mahadlok mosulti sa ako gusto isulti, di bale nang tabangan i don't really care, I'm used to it anyways.

And, that should go to you too alcheme`. Yap, dili malikayan ihisgot ug mga obserbasyong sama ani, pero it's too lame and tiny to dwell on di ba? But doesn't mean dili pwede nimo ipagawas, ipagawas lang kaha sa tarong. Now, I don't think her thoughts are that much of a biggie naman pud. If to her it is important, then let her be and let's just address her concern a nicer way.

My point here is, kung importante diay para niya ang post count and wishes to clarify on this, however delivered we expect you guys to be apologetic instead of obviously being indirectly sarcastic. Isn't she a potential platinum member anyways? It is time that you see members as potential customers and should be dealing with them more diplomatically, i think. I think ra na ha. Unsaon man gud mo permi man gud mong sakto, dili nalang pud gyud mo evolve through changing environments. I just think it is high time that the all powerful, all smart high people here consider serving with heart, and be more political rather than sa nakagawiang reputasyon ninyo.

But then again, this is just another one of those miscommunications. Wala lang niya nadawat ang eksplenasyon coz she said "your answer", gikuwangan ba kaha. Inosente kaayo nga reklamo nga pwedeng minaayohan, dili mistel indirectly insultohon.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemé

And to quote the 26th and last of all the Frequently Asked Questions + your answer:

"Why doesn't my post count go up?
    You might be posting only in the Buy / Sell and Humor boards. Posts under those boards are not counted to encourage users to join more interactive discussions."

Frankly, I'm not worried or jealous about not being or becoming a super member on this site. But when you're not credited for anything you've actually made time for and exhausted considerable effort pouring out your thoughts on as your own little way of giving something back to humanity and making this site truly what's it's cracked up to be--a forum--that has gotta hurt. Let alone reminds you of how sore your back has been from sitting too long in front of your PC, which, in my case, usually extends beyond my "real work" sked, just trying to make this work--for everybody.

I remember completely posting, NOT replying, thirty-one {31} topics for the little ones to pore on or tinker with, whichever applies. Realizing that you only counted twenty-eight {28} I presumed you erased some of my inputs for whatever reason you might have for doing such, and I'm sure you always got one or two prepared to intercept all and every honest question your members have for you. And then I discovered you never did--good to know--only somehow neglected to ascribe the missing "figures" to my féz, from which I felt badly ripped off merely on the account of all my work, my "2.5 cents", my time away from home--and my Kimi! {She's a beagle.}

I've read and reread everything on your FAQ corner, and then some, many times over that I feel I should receive an award by now--"reader of the year" if I may. And no, I am NOT a bad girl. I actually follow rules. And I could have just done this privately {PM}. But on the 2nd thought, getting this out through here might give the issue more impetus apart from the probability of benefiting others, who are equally eager and unsuspecting, by virtue of this publicity.

So c'mon, be a honey and just give the girl the credit she deserves. I'm sure a fairly generous incentive from your end wouldn't hurt, would it?

Thank you.

For me, this is one of the common misconceptions of Newbies, gusto magsugod pirme ug topic instead of interacting with discussed topics.

@alcheme - read your posts, today is already April 2007 yet you were posting topics, I think some in Parties and Events, that was scheduled December of last year. If ikaw daw, would I not erase that post? Kinsa gud tawn gusto makahibawo ug party sched nga nahuman na. Also, you are posting topics nga klaro kaayo... (maybe copy-pasted) Just my 1 cent...

Then what's wrong with newbies wanting to post new topics? For all you know, forumer na gyud daan. Tsk @junmar, now that's one misconception too. Kay abi newbie dili nalang pud kamao mo post new topic? And what's up with that copy-paste? I thought it's such a common thing here in istorya na, that's nothing new.

Pero bitaw alcheme' why in the world? Iya pud na.

Quote Originally Posted by n`gel
    Then what's wrong with newbies wanting to post new topics? For all you know, forumer na gyud daan. Tsk @junmar, now that's one misconception too. Kay abi newbie dili nalang pud kamao mo post new topic? And what's up with that copy-paste? I thought it's such a common thing here in istorya na, that's nothing new.

Pero bitaw alcheme' why in the world? Iya pud na.
    dili kana akong pasabot maam n'gel. Ang uban newbie man gud, gusto ra magcge start ug topic kay ila hunahuna nga by that mosaka dayon ang rank. Wala nila take into consideration nga pwede man unta sila mointeract sa uban nga topic. Wala ko ingon nga dili sila kamao. Wala sad ko problem sa copy-parte maam, just check alcheme's posts and you'll know what I mean. Aw hinuon, iya man pud diay na.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

For the record, I have never deleted a topic because God knows that post count = epeen.

Calling people subscribed to istorya as "owners" is just plain wrong. A subscription to TIME magazine does not make you a shareholder. Users aren't entitled to anything, even paying users in a way of "better" treatment. If they are moderated, they are moderated ... they are not moderated then given a pat on the back. Sorry son, you need to be spanked, but accept our apology and here's a cookie.

yes ma'm, right away ma'm, sorry about the delay ma'm, will be on it ma'm. would you like fries with that? how about some hot fudge sundae? yum yum.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast