Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default In Fact It's NOT On Your FAQ

And to quote the 26th and last of all the Frequently Asked Questions + your answer:

"Why doesn't my post count go up?
    You might be posting only in the Buy / Sell and Humor boards. Posts under those boards are not counted to encourage users to join more interactive discussions."

Frankly, I'm not worried or jealous about not being or becoming a super member on this site. But when you're not credited for anything you've actually made time for and exhausted considerable effort pouring out your thoughts on as your own little way of giving something back to humanity and making this site truly what's it's cracked up to be--a forum--that has gotta hurt. Let alone reminds you of how sore your back has been from sitting too long in front of your PC, which, in my case, usually extends beyond my "real work" sked, just trying to make this work--for everybody.

I remember completely posting, NOT replying, thirty-one {31} topics for the little ones to pore on or tinker with, whichever applies. Realizing that you only counted twenty-eight {28} I presumed you erased some of my inputs for whatever reason you might have for doing such, and I'm sure you always got one or two prepared to intercept all and every honest question your members have for you. And then I discovered you never did--good to know--only somehow neglected to ascribe the missing "figures" to my féz, from which I felt badly ripped off merely on the account of all my work, my "2.5 cents", my time away from home--and my Kimi! {She's a beagle.}

I've read and reread everything on your FAQ corner, and then some, many times over that I feel I should receive an award by now--"reader of the year" if I may. And no, I am NOT a bad girl. I actually follow rules. And I could have just done this privately {PM}. But on the 2nd thought, getting this out through here might give the issue more impetus apart from the probability of benefiting others, who are equally eager and unsuspecting, by virtue of this publicity.

So c'mon, be a honey and just give the girl the credit she deserves. I'm sure a fairly generous incentive from your end wouldn't hurt, would it?

Thank you.

Default Re: In Fact It's NOT On Your FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by alchemé
    And I could have just done this privately {PM}. But on the 2nd thought, getting this out through here might give the issue more impetus apart from the probability of benefiting others, who are equally eager and unsuspecting, by virtue of this publicity.
    @alcheme, in my humble opinion, I think you should have done this privately~ instead you decided to make a big deal out of such a little thing, a glitch in virtual space.

If you could afford a little more time and patience, you might eventually find out that this forum site does not earn money and it's not business-oriented.

Sure, it allows for donations from kind-hearted individuals to keep the site running but that's about it. The site Administrator, SiteKeepers and the moderators do not earn anything from running this site. Except knowledge, experience, and once in a while, friends.

So if you find that the Admin, Moderator or SiteKeeper who replied to your PM inquiry was just too casual, well that's how it is. This isn't a job for them, they're just doing what they do as a favor to a friend who began this site 4 or so years ago just a place to hang out and discuss opinions. (The Buy N' Sell Board was just a casual after-thought and is not then or ever the sole heart why iStorya.Net was made in the first place).

I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here browsing through the boards of iStorya.net but please do not expect to be served specifically with a smile~ If you would want to enjoy some special privileges, increase your iStoryan status quickly, you could apply for a premium or platinum membership.

[color=dimgray]
    "Why doesn't my post count go up?
    You might be posting only in the Buy / Sell and Humor boards. Posts under those boards are not counted to encourage users to join more interactive discussions."
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

iSTORYA Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQ)

This is a work in progress ...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

^alchemé, I think that is what you missed by half an inch...

... imagine the simple yet costly mistake you made that prevented you from winning the most coveted "iSTORYA.net reader of the year award" ...

better luck next time...
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

Blog Entries

frankly, i find it disastrously funny that someone who claims not to have any ambitions of being a 'super member', choses havoc in expressing discontent in losing three posts from her counter. someone who supposedly posts with a degree of pizazz, someone who considerably spends time and effort raises hell because of something so trivial as the site's inaccurate counting system.

and at the same time i am dismayed. for someone who wants to nominate herself for a prestigious non-existent award, she seemed to overlook one very direct and, in my opinion, humbling line that should have stymied her words before they became a full-blown tempest.

Titles are merely gauges of how active members are and do not necessarily correspond to any special privileges. This is not a race of who has the most number of posts. Quality over quantity.
    the credit that one gets out of posting in the forums is precisely those posts that one makes; how sound and helpful they are to the rest of the community. the prestige that one gets is irrelevant of how many posts one makes, or if all of them were counted. the prestige lies in the posts themselves.

“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.” - Chuck Palahniuk

You go girl, nothing wrong with causing a little havoc for me. Or.. did I get you right? Or I didn't. Inyo man gud manengles perting ka kuan... neways... i just wish to clarify though. Where did those 3 posts go? Gi delete? Or wala lang na count? Kung gi delete, well I understand your delimma. Sahay pud ning ubang mods dili nalang pud mo kwenta ug substance gud, in fact some good topics ma delete tungod kay daghang ga OT. Tapulan siguro ug tagsa² ug delete sa mga OT's mao entiro topic deleton nalang. Unsaon nalang atong mga manindot nga mga pamulong, mga manindot nga diskurso. Tsk. Now, this is one thing I am so against gyud, kay some people really took their time pagpost, and importante ang ilang contribution sa topic.

Another fact is, majority of these moderators halos walay time na mo moderate mao dili na maka take time ug inform through pm, or you know what i mean, the time consuming work. If only active sila, sa kadaghan nilang mga mods, at least mahatagan pud gamay nga attention ang mga gamayng detalye nga dili gud ingon walay bili para sa kalambuan ani nga forum. It's a no-brainer really, members spend how many hours dokdoking? But mods? Maihap ra siguro mga active na ana nila, maihap ra pud ang magmoderate gyud. Why? Coz wala sila bayri? Busy? That's no excuse, there are other members nga pwede mag moderate diri makagahin pa ug igong panahon.

Mods raman na sila kay igong ingnong mods mao ra. If they really have that heart over making things better around here? Mo volunteer na ug relinquish sa ila responsibility nga dili na nila mabuhat and perhaps nominate somebody to take their place. Just my POV.

hey alcheme look at my post count..i don't care at all if it's still at 799X knowing for myself that it should exactly be at 800X..fact is I ceased minding my post count after I became Senior member (it's tiring)..so don't give me that crappy complaint of injustice for not being accurately credited of that oh-so-precious 3 posts.

if we are talking about 300 uncredited posts here then I guess you will receive a pat on the back from the mod for pointing it out in the first place..lol

OT: palabada nya ko nimo tolstoi ha

Quote Originally Posted by n`gel
    OT: palabada nya ko nimo tolstoi ha
    OT:..nyahahaha...urong sa ko panglabada maam kay madaut ako manicure

Default eh boi, you just hammered it home!

My semiprecious tolstoi:

Your reply {in quotations} is a study in arrogance, self-righteousness and vacuous backchat but an effort. Not even a trivia relevant. Yet I bet--your life on it--you're getting a point for that. Touché.

And thanks to you, now, me too!

Guess I just discovered the secret of your smug success. {tee-hee}

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    OT:..nyahahaha...urong sa ko panglabada maam kay madaut ako manicure 

Quote Originally Posted by alchemé

My semiprecious tolstoi:

Your reply {in quotations} is a study in arrogance, self-righteousness and vacuous backchat but an effort. Not even a trivia relevant. Yet I bet--your life on it--you're getting a point for that. Touché.

And thanks to you, now, me too!

Guess I just discovered the secret of your smug success. {tee-hee}

hey alcheme boi..that's why I indicated it as OT post because it's far way irrelevant to your concern..or do I have to give you the definition of what is an OT? =)

how about you read line by line what Gareb has posted above!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast