Default Re: Working line gsd

By babaue at 2012-05-20

By babaue at 2012-05-20

a club member. big boy na

By babaue at 2012-05-20

nice pics...im still keeping my patience and waiting for my "The one" working gsd soon.

Who's that malinois in the pics?

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by shamankin6 View Post
    nice pics...im still keeping my patience and waiting for my "The one" working gsd soon.

Who's that malinois in the pics?

Ron
    thank you sir ron. wow, were very curious on that "the one" you are referring. knowing its your choice, i wonder what line would you choose for yourself knowing you have a very high standards so your finally going back to WGSD thats very nice to hear.

that malinois belong to our friend. he said he got that in pagadian city in mindanao, from the jalosjos clan. i think he mention a black mask line. that is a female is very aggressive to esp with other dogs. but her prey needs to be work on. the dog doesnt attracts a ball, a toy, a decoy, anything. she doesnt react to any decoy we test on her. sir ron, we need help also from you, i know you have full ideas, what are best way to develop our dogs prey drive derrecks dogs get realy agitated with decoys. his dogs really barks, bites aggressively. unlike our other dogs, some doesn't really react. we have a week to do so if there is any improvement with our dogs prey drive. we dont want to end up getting another litter. hehehe...your ideas would be a great help at this stage of our llittle group. we in the club are not experts sir and have little experience but we are doing what we can to pursue what we want

Quote Originally Posted by bittel View Post
    thank you sir ron. wow, were very curious on that "the one" you are referring. knowing its your choice, i wonder what line would you choose for yourself knowing you have a very high standards so your finally going back to WGSD thats very nice to hear.

that malinois belong to our friend. he said he got that in pagadian city in mindanao, from the jalosjos clan. i think he mention a black mask line. that is a female is very aggressive to esp with other dogs. but her prey needs to be work on. the dog doesnt attracts a ball, a toy, a decoy, anything. she doesnt react to any decoy we test on her. sir ron, we need help also from you, i know you have full ideas, what are best way to develop our dogs prey drive derrecks dogs get realy agitated with decoys. his dogs really barks, bites aggressively. unlike our other dogs, some doesn't really react. we have a week to do so if there is any improvement with our dogs prey drive. we dont want to end up getting another litter. hehehe...your ideas would be a great help at this stage of our llittle group. we in the club are not experts sir and have little experience but we are doing what we can to pursue what we want
    Yes. Im very much particular with the details of my upcoming puppy just in case. No rush at all...

I guess based on your statement the said malinois has a "dog aggression" issue. Normally, this causing a trauma during their puppyhood and lack of foundation. I just wanna be honest with you about aggression and prey. Since both of them goes different with each other when it comes to training is concern. To tell you the truth, prey drive should only be developed during early stage of the puppy and not their adulthood. Medyo mahihirapan ka na buhayin ito kapag malaki na sila. Normally, "prey" drive is just natural to all puppies in early stage since they are very curious to everything that moves. The reason you need to develop it more and keep it high. Since there is this tendency na mawala or makalimutan na ito totally if taken for granted. Unless, meron din talagang aso na kahit hindi mo turuan or develop their "prey" drive. Sadyang mataas lang talaga ang "prey" drive nito. In short, developing prey drive to your dogs maybe somehow "too late" at that age. Kaya accept the fact na hanggang ganyan nalang talaga ang drive ng aso mo.

When it comes to aggression, this goes how mature is your dog and its level of confidence. I believe aggression is 50% confidence and 50% protection instinct. Dapat kasi balanse ang dalawa. In dog's civil aggression this take time and even longer lalo na sa mga german shepherd to show off. Madali lang buhayin ang aggression ng aso but it depends also how this thing can be carried out by your dog. Since there will be a tendency baka hindi kayanin ng aso yung pressure at maging "fear" biter dog or "nervy" dog. Meron kasing mga aso na hindi ganun kataas ang threshold nila pagdating sa pressure kaya mahirap din. Instead, take time and wait. Minsan magugulat ka na lang at meron na ang aso mo.

Make sure not to "over" socialize your dog and avoid "direct" socialization approach. Somehow things makes them confusing..socialization for adult should be minimized compared to puppy.

Ron

wow, very nice help sir ron. you gave a very good idea there and a very good learning lesson. very dis appointing for me, cant blame my dog but its on me. i saw how my dog reacted when he was assess. i guess thats all he can do now since adult na cya. wala na sa puppy stage. sayang, so much time na waste. with aggression i dont know yet if my dog has it too. but compare when he was younger, now that he is older, i saw some changes also. prey drive can be develop as you said sir ron, how about aggression?can we somehow do something about it to improve our dogs aggression?sir ron, at this point, in the club we have dogs a year old some over a year old na, for us owner who has dogs over a year old and its just now what we have our formal training, from you sir ron what can you suggest for us?what can we do now?should we just focus lng muna sa obedience training and maybe after wards search n rescue maybe?i guess with protection training, we can slowly start accepting that our dogs will have a hard time on that part. charge to experience i need some suggestion sir ron, hope you can provide some good news for us. hehehe..

Quote Originally Posted by bittel View Post
    wow, very nice help sir ron. you gave a very good idea there and a very good learning lesson. very dis appointing for me, cant blame my dog but its on me. i saw how my dog reacted when he was assess. i guess thats all he can do now since adult na cya. wala na sa puppy stage. sayang, so much time na waste. with aggression i dont know yet if my dog has it too. but compare when he was younger, now that he is older, i saw some changes also. prey drive can be develop as you said sir ron, how about aggression?can we somehow do something about it to improve our dogs aggression?sir ron, at this point, in the club we have dogs a year old some over a year old na, for us owner who has dogs over a year old and its just now what we have our formal training, from you sir ron what can you suggest for us?what can we do now?should we just focus lng muna sa obedience training and maybe after wards search n rescue maybe?i guess with protection training, we can slowly start accepting that our dogs will have a hard time on that part. charge to experience i need some suggestion sir ron, hope you can provide some good news for us. hehehe..
    you don't have to worry about your dog. its not "the end of world" yet for both of you. if you guys have issues with "prey" drive, you can still continue your training and plans using other methods. there are lots of ways and approach to work with your dog's training. you can use "positive" reinforcement-method of training, or if your dog has a good appetite for food. you can use "food" reward method. both can help you produce good results as well. one good example is my Kira. Kira has a very low drive but has a very good appetite. kaya ang approach na ginawa ko using "food" reward..kaya resulted maganda ang OB nya and focus. just make sure tama ang approach na gagawin to produce good result with your dogs.

about aggression, as i've mentioned to my earlier post. aggression same time require enough maturity and exposure. teach your dog how observe and protect. meron mga exercises na pwedeng gawin..i will mentioned to you some routines. but make sure to call me and i will explain it to you in details. kasi baka magkamali kayo at instead of doing right..worst and doing it in other way around. to start working with your dog curiosity and guarding instinct(protection stage), start it with dog walk in night time yung medyo late na ng konti at only few people can be seen..during your walks wag kayo lalapit or iiwas mo ang aso mo na makakita ng ibang tao. use some blind spots para gumana yung instinct nila..you can sit on the park or side street na tahimik. normally kasi kapag madiliim at tahimik, its their nature to watch and observe. since madiliim ang paligid, they have no choice but start worrying their territories and make both of you safe..dito na naglalaro ang protection stage nila. do it slowly..magugulat ka na lang at biglang kakahol ang aso mo yet wala kang nakikita na "threat". your dog may see some people or somebody afar kaya kumakahol sya...if you reach this stage, start praising your dog for doing it right. do this 3-4x a week and see result in 3 weeks. after this..let me know. i have another test for you guys need to do..

by the way, when we say full maturity of your dogs. im referring to 3-4 years of age. if your dogs age range from 10months to 2 years of age, wag kyo masyado mag alala give more time to your dogs. good example, i have a dog before medyo mataas ang socialization till the age of 2 years old. pagdating ng 3 years old bigla akong nagulat. since his protection instinct goes very high. kaya i have no choice but to work with it on the right manner resulting he became one of the best protection dog i got.

Ron

sir ron. you got pm.

11.    Advertisement

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3946474849505152 ... LastLast