Page 1269 of 2311 FirstFirst ... 125912661267126812691270127112721279 ... LastLast
Results 12,681 to 12,690 of 23103

Default Re: Working at Singapore - Experiences and Tips

Quote Originally Posted by messerchtmitt View Post
    I have been in and out to Malaysia from SG wiith my fellow Filipino for more than a year. I believe both of them can stay until 6 months provided that somebody (with E-Pass or PR) will fetch them or go with them to Malaysia and back as he/she guarantees or sponsor their stay in SG.

This is what I did before, exit first in Johore Barhu through train (I don't know if it still exist), then u-turn in a few minutes or hours. The 2nd exit will be in Kuala Lumpur, then u-turn. The 3rd exit back to Johor by bus and stayed more than a week, and the 4th exit back to Kuala Lumpur, stayed more than a week and the 5th and 6th alternately but different mode of transportation. In Kuala Lumpur, you have to be back at SG immigration at dawn and it should be at dawn.

Sounds scary... back and forth from SG to Malaysia and vice versa. The idea that you don't get problem with both IO is that before you fall in line in Malaysia IO (no need to worry in SG upon exit), make sure you choose the line of a Muslim lady IO with her hair covered (I don't know what it calls the one their wearing, turban I think). Muslim lady IO with turbans are not corrupt, they are traditional Muslim. When you back to SG, you have to fall in line to a Chinese decent young guy and oldest guy, never fall in line with middle-aged guy (especially an experienced one) and most especially if you are a lady, never fall-in line to an Indian or avoid them. Much more to a Singaporean lady IO, they are quite strict in their line of duty.

When ask by an IO, one question and one answer rule, never add more flowery talk because they will make use your answer against you. Just stay cool and cheers, and always wear a smile to them.

These are my first-hand experience and it proves. BTW: if they are of more than 6 months, I would suggest to go home (Philippines).
    What you did is very risky nowadays .. specially for females.

FYI. We just got back from Pulau Sebu Malaysia thru JB immigration this morning, in the immigration building, along our line a few people in front of us were a group of pinoys. I guessed 2 of them (male and female couple) were pass holders/PRs, as they went through immigration without hearing passports being stamped. But their next 5 companions (3 female and 2 males), were not allowed to enter SG, they were taken to the immigration office, not sure what has happened to them.

It doesn't matter whether its Indian, Malay or Chinese, middle aged, young or old, the truth is - SG IO is very strict! They always follow protocol. So if you're coming into Singapore, make sure you have a valid reason to stay or return.

Quote Originally Posted by kolz View Post
    What you did is very risky nowadays .. specially for females.

FYI. We just got back from Pulau Sebu Malaysia thru JB immigration this morning, in the immigration building, along our line a few people in front of us were a group of pinoys. I guessed 2 of them (male and female couple) were pass holders/PRs, as they went through immigration without hearing passports being stamped. But their next 5 companions (3 female and 2 males), were not allowed to enter SG, they were taken to the immigration office, not sure what has happened to them.

It doesn't matter whether its Indian, Malay or Chinese, middle aged, young or old, the truth is - SG IO is very strict! They always follow protocol. So if you're coming into Singapore, make sure you have a valid reason to stay or return.
    very true... bisag Malaysia exit to Thailand then balik kay strict pud ang IO ngara!

Quote Originally Posted by g-shock View Post
    very true... bisag Malaysia exit to Thailand then balik kay strict pud ang IO ngara!
    didto ka ni exit sa thailand?

Lisod na jud kaayu ni Diri, If wala kay Pass kuyaw ig sulod sa SG kay masangit sa IO. If naa nsad ka Pass, kuyaw ghapon kay ig renew daghan na Reject

Murag gusto na gyud ta palayason nila .... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    didto ka ni exit sa thailand?
    dili bai sep... business trip lang ko to Penang ug suroy sa border Thailand-Malaysia.
    pag daun namu sud ge question ko sa IO (known issue pud tingali sa OFW Malaysia exit to Thailand din balik Malaysia ngita work)
    mao ge ingnan ra nko work ko SG ug pakita EPASS ug Hotel room ID badge.

Quote Originally Posted by nowayL View Post
    Murag gusto na gyud ta palayason nila .... hehe
    The situation about that status of Pinoys in Singapore is really becomming worse. Somehow Pinoys now are being targeted by locals frustration about their job security, pinoys are being regarded as pests and trash, judging from these posts:

THE TEMASEK TIMES
    Eat-Drink-Man-Woman - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
    Lee Hsien Loong | Facebook
    Pinoy new citizen ticked off NSman: You have such a LOSER mentality! « THE TEMASEK TIMES

Just a decade ago, Pinoys are highly regarded when it comes to work, we are at par with Japanese and as well as other european nationals. During that time, the most common pinoy that I knew in Singapore excluding the DH are professionals - and mostly composed of nurses and IT. I think the situation started to deteriorate when the not-so talented pinoys started coming here, in the hopes of landing just about any other jobs, and started displacing the locals.

Before, when I first came here, I would really be surprised to find a fellow pinoy in the MRT or in the bus - now, we're everywhere - even in the remotest of places in Singapore, you won't be suprised to find a fellow Filipino. And this is where the problem comes in - there were just too many of us competing with locals for jobs here in Singapore. Some of us have forgotten that we are in a foreign land, working here is a priviledge and not a right, so we should also respect their customs and traditions, and not act like we own this place.

I would have wished if those who are coming here to find work are highly skilled and qualified, but most of what I see are those that lack the experience, even undergraduates with no experience are now braving their way here to find work. Though I can't blame anybody for doing this in their hopes of finding greener pastures, please bear in mind that working in a different country you are not only working for your families, you are also indirectly carrying the reputation of Filipino workers here.

Sensya na for my rant - Naglagot lang ko kay naay Tagalog nga hambog kaayo nga amo na interview for an opening in our company just this morning. Murag bagyo kahambog, naglabi ang storya, but by the time we gave him a written exam, he couldn't even write code .... naunsa na...

murag known naman gud nang move nga exit2x gud karon. kuyaw pud ma bulilyaso.basin dili na nuon kabalik.

Quote Originally Posted by kolz View Post
    The situation about that status of Pinoys in Singapore is really becomming worse. Somehow Pinoys now are being targeted by locals frustration about their job security, pinoys are being regarded as pests and trash, judging from these posts:

THE TEMASEK TIMES
    Eat-Drink-Man-Woman - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
    Lee Hsien Loong | Facebook
    Pinoy new citizen ticked off NSman: You have such a LOSER mentality! « THE TEMASEK TIMES

Just a decade ago, Pinoys are highly regarded when it comes to work, we are at par with Japanese and as well as other european nationals. During that time, the most common pinoy that I knew in Singapore excluding the DH are professionals - and mostly composed of nurses and IT. I think the situation started to deteriorate when the not-so talented pinoys started coming here, in the hopes of landing just about any other jobs, and started displacing the locals.

Before, when I first came here, I would really be surprised to find a fellow pinoy in the MRT or in the bus - now, we're everywhere - even in the remotest of places in Singapore, you won't be suprised to find a fellow Filipino. And this is where the problem comes in - there were just too many of us competing with locals for jobs here in Singapore. Some of us have forgotten that we are in a foreign land, working here is a priviledge and not a right, so we should also respect their customs and traditions, and not act like we own this place.

I would have wished if those who are coming here to find work are highly skilled and qualified, but most of what I see are those that lack the experience, even undergraduates with no experience are now braving their way here to find work. Though I can't blame anybody for doing this in their hopes of finding greener pastures, please bear in mind that working in a different country you are not only working for your families, you are also indirectly carrying the reputation of Filipino workers here.

Sensya na for my rant - Naglagot lang ko kay naay Tagalog nga hambog kaayo nga amo na interview for an opening in our company just this morning. Murag bagyo kahambog, naglabi ang storya, but by the time we gave him a written exam, he couldn't even write code .... naunsa na...
    ambot bitaw.saputon gyud ko anang mga tagalog diri oi.hilason man gud.sabaan pa kaayo.sobra ra kaayo.annoying na.pero dili man nuon tanan.naa man ko kaila tagalog nga ayus pud kaayo.pero kasagaran gyud oi.ingon ana.hehe.

Sakto jud na Kolz. Ma annoyed dayon ko everytime i can see a group of Pinoys talking/laughing loudly in MRT or public places like Hyenas dagko kaau ug ngisi kita ang lagos!

They're feeling really at home here and forget to respect or adapt the customs/traditions of the local people .

11.    Advertisement