Default caused by nvidia driver or something else?

I recently downloaded and installed the 290.10 driver from nvidia, I get random distortions(pink hue and artifacts all over on initial run of certain games) and one time total hang up from while in a game. anyone else had this?

btw what driver version is most stable on the 560ti? Currently I rolled back to 285.62...

Default Re: caused by nvidia driver or something else?

i'd suggest uninstall the driver and wipe all traces of the driver....then download a new driver then install.

dude pareho rana sa ako gecube na video card sa una. That is the first sign na mo fail na imo video card.

On the way out na na cya.

Quote Originally Posted by wikki View Post
    I recently downloaded and installed the 290.10 driver from nvidia, I get random distortions(pink hue and artifacts all over on initial run of certain games) and one time total hang up from while in a game. anyone else had this?

btw what driver version is most stable on the 560ti? Currently I rolled back to 285.62...
    We have the same card. I had full screen problems with the 290 driver, ghosting on Deus Ex and issues with more than 4xAA on dx11 games. Also read somewhere about users having random crashes on crysis2 dx11. Apparently, their overclocks was causing the issue and reverting to stock clocks would solve it.

Besides, patches on jack sparrow games have trouble with newer drivers.. Rolled back to 285.62 and had not encountered any bugs yet..

this is still a current issue with random nvidia user. My problem sauna kay ako GTX 460 ga-artifact even if naka idle lang or while browsing the net. Nahitabo to after updating my drivers to 280.xx something. At first abi nako ug tungod sa ako overclock so back down to stock. Same issue ra ghapon. Nagbasa2 ko sa nvidia forums and find out daghan na pud diay ang naka-experience ato w/ different video cards and configuration. Ang fix which was confirmed by many was to revert back to 275.33. Ako gisulayan and voila, never experienced the issue since. After ad2 I tried updating everytime mag release ang nvidia hoping na na fix na to nga issue, and everytime after updating I had to switch back to 275.33 cause the issue's still there.

I'm currently on 295.73 which supposedly fixes the artifact lines coming from the center of screen in BF3 when gpu memory is low. When playing before I have a habit of not closing Google Chrome and with lots of tabs left open, especially YouTube tabs so I guess that was probably what caused it. Haven't experienced it since.

Same thing happens when playing NBA 2K12, not artifacts but slowdown is noticeable in replays and view from the stands or the crowd. Wasn't the case with my ATI HD 5850 before even with lots of Chrome tabs open.

7.    Advertisement