Page 2 of 314 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Are we saved by faith alone, or do we need works, too?

TS:
    If I may ask which country are you in now?
    Or if you happen to be in the Philippines, proudly Asia's cradle and bastion of christianity where people (not just priests) mostly preached or counsel you about having faith, then look around and tell me what you see.

Centuries later after the Spaniards came and gave us the "gift" of religion what happened? did it do us any good?
    What became of the Philippines now? Are we better of than, even, any of our south east asian neighbors?

OT:
    if there's one I regretted about history is this:
    Of all the expanse and stretch of the entire pacific coast of Asia why did those Spanish galleons have to land in OUR shores?
    thanks a lot Spanish friars and conquestadors!!!!

Faith + Works = Salvation

Faith - Works = Salvation

Faith = Salvation + Works

Elite Member

Jesus Christ is the salvation. If you believe in him as Lord and Savior. naa na sa John 3:16. pero faith without work is questionable, that means ginuine ba kaha nang pagkadawat niya ug gi.papuyo ba jud niya si Christ in his life, but we can't judge. we are not perfect, we are sinners but ready ang ginoo mupasaylo nato kung mangayo ta niyag kapasayloan. Pero you're accountable sa imong mga sins na tinuyuan kai imo manang gituyo, what you sow is what you reap. God let that happen in times na murag gikalimtan na nato cya, silbi iya tang gidokol ba. pero kung tinuod ka nituo ni Christ ug imo cya gipapuyo sa imo kinabuhi, bsag unsa paka makasala, pasayluon japon kas ginoo, mura ragud ug amahan ug anak bsag unsa pa amaw ang anak ma inherit japon niya ang properties sa iya amahan. mao rana nato. pero kung di na makita sa atong works, we can't judge it. ang Ginoo rai maka judge ana kung gipapuyo ba jud nimo c Christ sa imo life or igo raka kutob ni tuo nya mao ra.

But my questions is What do you mean by Good Works? mutabang sa ubang tawo? Physical Good Works? mas maayu klaruhon para maayu ang discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by biano View Post
    However, we cannot stop here without addressing what James says in James 2:24, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone."
    There is no contradiction.In other words, James is addressing the issue of a dead faith, a faith that is nothing more than a verbal pronouncement, a public confession of the mind, and is not heart-felt. It is empty of life and action.
    If we are saved by faith ALONE (without good works/deeds), nganong kinahanglan pa man hisgutan ni St. James kanang imong giingon nga 'dead faith' - pagtoo nga walay buhat ?

Nasayop ba diay ang bible pagsulat aning mosunod?

James 2:14

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
    James 2:17
    In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
    James 2:18-20
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
    Di ba klaro man kaayo diha nga kadtong pulos lang pagtoo (walay buhat) pareha ra sa mga demons nga nagpangurog tungod sa ilang pagtoo nga dunay Dios but they are still damned because of their actions? Di ba klaro man kaayo kanang giingon diha nga faith without deeds is useless ?

Kung faith lang gyud (wala na'y work) ang gikinahanglan aron maluwas ang tawo, nasayop lugar ang bible sa pagsulat ani?

Philippians 2:12
    Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
    Kun maluwas ang tawo pinaagi sa pagtoo lamang, nganong kinahanglan pa man nga i-work out ang iyang salvation continuously with fear and trembling?
    Last edited by yanong_banikanhon; 12-14-2011 at 12:05 PM.

When I was active in the service, my bosses taught me the KISS principle - Keep It Simple S**pid.... .... Jesus Saves..... simple enough?

Actually salvation is not that simple.

Nakadumdom ka ani?

Luke 18:25
    Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Mark 8:34
    Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
    Kun sayon ra ang kaluwasan kay faith ra man kaha ang gikinahanglan, nganong kinahanglan pa man ta mopas-an og cross, matud pa ni Jesus?

Nganong wa man lagi moingon si Jesus 'Entering the kingdom of GOD is easier than you think. Just have faith. Nothing more, nothing less.'?

Kanang ilang giingon nga sayon ra ang kaluwasan, marketing strategy na aron makahakot og daghang members. Wala na'y kalainan anang networking/pyramiding nga nag-offer og mga quick rich schemes.
    Last edited by yanong_banikanhon; 12-14-2011 at 12:41 PM.

faith keeps u going its your fuel to do good deeds and in return saves u

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 314 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast