Page 7 of 675 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: Signature Campaign for SC Justice Corona impeachment....

Quote Originally Posted by eezychair View Post
    Doesn't the TS get it? The supreme court isn't JUST Corona! He is just one among the 15 justices! So what happens after Corona is Impreached? The president appoints HIS CJ, right? So then the Supreme Court becomes an Aquino Supreme Court? I think we should look beyond what is happening now than just the personalities involved. Let's put more value to our signatures than just 'sunod sa panon'... Really, IF the President or those who surround him are THAT competent, getting a favorable ruling from the courts shouldn't even be an issue... but to attack personalities in a forum where it is not even appropriate?! Too showbiz..
    right. if DOJ had the competency to file a case before the travel ban, there wouldn't have been any issue. using dramatics to hide incompetency

Quote Originally Posted by æRLO View Post
    Impeachment on the grounds of doing his job, which is interpreting the constitution

Si PNoy nuon, imbis trabaho niya to protect the constitution...no comment nlang ta dha.
    you should advise his majestic CJ corona not to interpret much.. how many times did the SC flip-flip under his watch?
    tsk..tsk..tsk..

Quote Originally Posted by jack_bauer.v.2.0 View Post
    ^
    i'm bad but im scartching my head again...

did you just blame the government for this supposed signature campaign? not again please....

.... did you not feel the sarcasms of trollol's free snacks mis-information? where in the world a signature for a cause would cost a penny?

seriously.. this is not getting any better.. and lets blame this to noynoy...
    hey jack, can you point out where in the world I blamed the government for the signature campaign? thanks

I'm scratching my head too. How you can equate anything I said into blaming the government is confusing.

If my little brush on PNoy missiled you into thinking I'm blaming the government, are you implying that PNoy IS the government...last time I heard, the government is made up of 3 branches.

Blog Entries

di oi sala ni GMA na....

Quote Originally Posted by jack_bauer.v.2.0 View Post
    you should advise his majestic CJ corona not to interpret much.. how many times did the SC flip-flip under his watch?
    tsk..tsk..tsk..
    He interpreted it and supported the decision tit for tat, you have qualms with how he interpreted the constitution then you should take up on the offer regarding the petition.

The CJ vote is the same as any of the other AJs vote when it comes to rulings....just 1.

this only proves how immature how democracy is. we cannot resort to signature campaigns and people power all the time.

dapat man gud naay subject nga Philippine Constitution high school pa just so the majority of the masses know about how the giovernment works and is supposed to work. Not eveyone goes to college and is able to take up Pol Sci 1.. the constitution is not rocket science but without having learned its principle and why its even there in the first place.. itd difficult if the government lambasts the SC with rhetorics in a forum where not everyone is informed and the prevailing opinion sways in favor of the administration...

Perhaps the TS should be a little more involved in the discussion here.

I've been reading other discussions on the matter regarding the executive and judicial branches of the government, particularly on the issue of the president's speech at the First National Criminal Justice Summit hosted by the Department of Justice. I must say the discussions/arguments here at istorya.net are more intelligent than those from the inquirer and philstar.

i agree...and if the contention is that 12 of the justices are GMA's appointees and that we should scrap them altogether... the logic points to scrapping the rest of the Aquino's appointees too... then who will appoint the justices?

Corona is just a vote in the SC. To be informed, we should be reading the cases in full text if we have doubts on how the SC decided. It's not even Corona who writes the decisions all the time. . . We should protect the SC as it is the last bastion of democracy...otherwise it will be reduced to a mere agent of the executive branch. Martial Law, anyone?

^^ all boils down to the leadership of the executive branch, which is wanting, in my opinion...

'Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence'
    Napoleon Bonaparte

lets give the campaigners a break here guys... theyre giving away foods... jollibee pagyud. its not like something nga mang daut sila. theyre even helping lessen the "hungry" people outside.

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 675 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast