Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Originally Posted by diatabz
    A few months ago, me and a friend had lunch at Alejandro's. Colleagues of mine told me to check the place out, so I really had to see for myself. So we got there at around 12:30 in the afternoon for a light lunch. Waiter had us seated, and we then ordered our food. Everything was fine until there was a blackout. I expected them to have a generator for backup power or whatnot, but unfortunately, they had nothing of that sort. Me being a patient man, I was fine with that, thinking the power would come back in a few minutes. So we waited for our food, making small talk over our Iced tea to pass the time. We waited, waited, waited, and waited some more. After what seemed like an eternity, (more than 30 minutes I reckon) we finally had our food served. We ordered Kawali, Calamares, Soup (I really can't remember which one) and Baked Talaba along with Garlic rice. But alas, our Kawali, Calamares and Talaba were cold. I figured that with the length of time they made us wait, they were probably busy cooking the food. Made sense that it'd be hot right?

I then asked the waiter for some soy sauce, but the man seemed to ignore me, and I had to call another waiter for soy sauce to be brought over. That took him around 10 minutes or so. You're probably thinking, "Well, maybe the restaurant was packed, that's why he couldn't accomodate you". Uhhhhhh no, there was only a family two tables away and of course, us. I noticed the waiters and a woman doing the inventory or something were busy talking to each other.

With the power still being out, I found myself eating cold food and sweating like a heretic in the inquisition. Really hot day, right smack in the middle of noontime. Oh, I sampled some of the talaba, the things tasted horrible. It seemed like they took it out of the sea and served it to us right away. I couldn't taste any of the damn cheese! I thought it was just me, but my friend gave it a go, and almost puked. Nonetheless, I had it wrapped so I could have my Mom taste it, her being into seafood and all that. Maybe, just maybe, she would like it.

So finally, we finished up and asked for the bill. I thought to myself, "No way am I tipping these [profane]ing people". But our server shyly told us that they had a service charge.

I almost had an aneurism right there.

I had my mom sample the Talaba when I got home, and she asked me if I was trying to kill her...

Quote Originally Posted by emailroy2002 View Post
    OT: iryn pamangka og crispy pata! ahahaha...
    bogets.kaon ta krispy pata didto nah..

Quote Originally Posted by itzurisen View Post
    Originally Posted by diatabz
    A few months ago, me and a friend had lunch at Alejandro's. Colleagues of mine told me to check the place out, so I really had to see for myself. So we got there at around 12:30 in the afternoon for a light lunch. Waiter had us seated, and we then ordered our food. Everything was fine until there was a blackout. I expected them to have a generator for backup power or whatnot, but unfortunately, they had nothing of that sort. Me being a patient man, I was fine with that, thinking the power would come back in a few minutes. So we waited for our food, making small talk over our Iced tea to pass the time. We waited, waited, waited, and waited some more. After what seemed like an eternity, (more than 30 minutes I reckon) we finally had our food served. We ordered Kawali, Calamares, Soup (I really can't remember which one) and Baked Talaba along with Garlic rice. But alas, our Kawali, Calamares and Talaba were cold. I figured that with the length of time they made us wait, they were probably busy cooking the food. Made sense that it'd be hot right?

I then asked the waiter for some soy sauce, but the man seemed to ignore me, and I had to call another waiter for soy sauce to be brought over. That took him around 10 minutes or so. You're probably thinking, "Well, maybe the restaurant was packed, that's why he couldn't accomodate you". Uhhhhhh no, there was only a family two tables away and of course, us. I noticed the waiters and a woman doing the inventory or something were busy talking to each other.

With the power still being out, I found myself eating cold food and sweating like a heretic in the inquisition. Really hot day, right smack in the middle of noontime. Oh, I sampled some of the talaba, the things tasted horrible. It seemed like they took it out of the sea and served it to us right away. I couldn't taste any of the damn cheese! I thought it was just me, but my friend gave it a go, and almost puked. Nonetheless, I had it wrapped so I could have my Mom taste it, her being into seafood and all that. Maybe, just maybe, she would like it.

So finally, we finished up and asked for the bill. I thought to myself, "No way am I tipping these [profane]ing people". But our server shyly told us that they had a service charge.

I almost had an aneurism right there.

I had my mom sample the Talaba when I got home, and she asked me if I was trying to kill her...
    Sorry to hear about this, will forward your comment to the management.
    I hope you guys can dine in again, give Alejandros a second shot...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Alejandro's Filipino Restaurant turns 19! Crispy Pata for only P199 each!

infairness, lami kaau ilang pata..

Default Re: Alejandro's Filipino Restaurant turns 19! Crispy Pata for only P199 each!

i know matagal na this topic.. but i just gotta ask for directions on how to get to this restaurant. the picture of the crispy pata looks so delicious. i'm going to cebu for a vacation and i'd love to eat here! favorite ko to eat filipino dishes.

Wow thats affordable na nga crispy pata... lami nana ipulutan ...

7.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456