View Poll Results: Should SULPICIO LINES shut down, after what happened to the MV Princess of the Stars?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 42.31%
  • No

    45 57.69%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 95
  1. #81

    murag kada 10yrs man guro naay malunod sa ilang barko?

  2. #82
    i shut down nato unsaon naman ang mmga negosyo nga nag rely ani nga transport, ang ang man ug mag banca na lang, i implement lang dapat i implement.....mao ra jud na

  3. #83
    they should be.. for all the mayhem that they have caused the Filipino people over the years..

    daghan na gud mga trahedya nahitabo gikan nila.

    @batigol: not necessarily 10 years, but you only mentioned the gap from the previous sinking of the Princess of the Orient and the Princess of the Stars. napai lain tragedies na happen sa ila, way back 1988, 1987.

  4. #84
    Elite Member missy21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    706
    Blog Entries
    2
    dapat lang...for passenger vessels...dapat kabalo sila na dili na sila kasaligan...
    pero as for cargos...i think good to go pa sila...sayang bya sad..unsaon nalang ang areas na ila g-service ug cargo...

  5. #85

    Default Reviving this...

    Read a tidbit of this from a news clip last night.

    Until now wa pa diay kabayri ang mga namatay ani sa gisaad sa Sulpicio Management??

  6. #86

    Default Re: Should SULPICIO LINES shut down?

    angay lang gyud sila mag shut down kay gisayangan ko sa mga kinabuhi atong mga nabiktima sa lunod

  7. #87

    Default Re: Should SULPICIO LINES shut down?

    ^^ive known someone nga wala pa hikit-i iyang patay nga lawas until now. louy kaayo ang family...

    gi deny pa jud na sa sulpicio nga apil cya sa mga missing...

  8. #88

    Default Re: Should SULPICIO LINES shut down?

    matod pa sa akong maestro sa una pag hayskol. nga ayaw nalang mo pangutana sa akong ngalan kai malas kaau ni akong pangalan... (sulpicio)

  9. #89

    Default Three years after...

    Found the story...

    Justice still eludes Princess of the Stars victims

    MANILA, Philippines - Gloomy skies loomed over Metro Manila on the eve of the third anniversary of the MV Princess of the Stars tragedy.

    At the Public Attorney's Office (PAO) in Quezon City, running priest Fr. Robert Reyes celebrated mass with the family of the victims, many of whom have yet to recover the remains of their loved ones.

    The MV Princess of the Stars capsized on June 21, 2008 off the coast of Sibuyan Island in Romblon after being battered by Typhoon Frank.

    Of the 860 listed passengers, only 52 survived.

    A total of 312 bodies have been recovered, with the rest declared missing and presumed dead.



    The MV Princess of the Stars was owned by Sulpicio Lines Incorporated (SLI). At the time of her sinking, she was the largest passenger ship in the Philippines.

    PAO Chief Persida Acosta says recovering and identifying the remains of the victims has been a long, tedious, and challenging process.

    Although the PAO Forensics Team is capable of extracting the required biometrics, Acosta says there is a lack of data for comparative analysis.

    PAO has exhumed and recovered 140 skeletal remains. So far, only 6 have been positively identified and turned over to their relatives.



    Acosta says she is disappointed that the previous leadership of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), Maritime Industry Authority (Marina), and Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC) seemingly exerted little effort in retrieving the hundreds of remains that presumably remain in the sunken vessel.

    "Nagdeclare na sila na wala nang bangkay dun sa barko, kinain na raw yun ng mga pating. Eh nung nagpunta kami dun, we recovered no less than 101 skeletal remains," says Acosta. "Ang dagat ay hindi tamang libingan ng mga tao".

    Acosta says they filed a case against NBI medical doctor Renato Bautista for suppression of evidence, after the latter refused to hand over information that could help identify more of the victims.



    Acosta also scored the Marina for allowing Sulpicio Lines Incorportated to change its name to Philippine Span Asia Carrier Corporation (PSACC) despite facing multiple cases in court.

    PSACC has an infamous record of maritime safety. Its other vessels involved in sea disasters include the MV Doņa Paz (1987), the MV Doņa Marilyn (198, and the MV Princess of the Orient (199.

    More than 4,000 people died in the MV Doņa Paz tragedy alone.

    A criminal case against former SLI Vice President Edgar Go and MV Princess of the Stars Captain Florencio Marimon (at large) is still pending before Branch 5 of the Manila Regional Trial Court.



    SLI is also facing a total of 135 civil cases in Manila and Cebu City.


    source

  10. #90

    Default Re: Should SULPICIO LINES shut down?

    Speaking of the Singking ship.. ANyone knows kon napa ba dd2 sa Romblon ang ship? nkatangag japon dd2 preha anang positiona nya sa newspaper wala pa makuha ang ship until now? Its been 2 yrs ago naman wala balita sa ship,.. napa kaha ni ngad2?

  11.    Advertisement

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

 
  1. problem shutting down
    By me82 in forum Computer Hardware
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
  2. Computer Restarts After Shutting Down!
    By Techfinder in forum Computer Hardware
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 10:39 AM
  3. shutting down bisan unsa nga os imo gamit
    By jbl_1977 in forum Computer Hardware
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 07:19 AM
  4. Restart instead of Shut Down???
    By cyrus-kanca in forum Computer Hardware
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 08:18 AM
  5. can we really shut down the virtual mem in winxp?
    By cyber_urbantribe in forum Computer Hardware
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top