Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Housebreaking ur dog...

Our beloved dogs need to understand and learn what are the good places where they can eliminate? After all, it's not like we can't avoid nature right? If you don't pay attention to potty training a dog, your pet will just drop his feces on any place, so it is our duty as owners to guide them in this aspect.

You start teaching your dog by first determining a small place to start. Small spaces are great to start teaching your dog where to poop. For this, a crate is perfect, since your dog can eliminate on on side and sleep on the other, this way the dog will also try to keep his den clean. Crate training works best when applied on a puppy.

Then you need to keep an eye on your dog. A leash will help you a lot, since it keeps the dog close to you. As you observe your dog, you will notice when the dog needs to eliminate, so you take him to the designated area. This would be also perfect time to embed an "anchor". You can say for example "housebreak!" to let the word make the connections in his mind. If your dogs poops on the right place, cheer him - reinforce the good habit.

Finally, you'll need to keep a regular feeding schedule. As time passes you will be able to predict the times when your dog needs to go to the "poopy place" and then practice the desired command you want to link to that moment.

It is important that if you find your dog is eliminating on a place different than the wished one, that you correct your pet immediately to avoid future problems.

nice one... ill try this out...

Default Re: Housebreaking ur dog...

I am also trying to teach housebreaking (dog is a 5mo. old min pin).. grabe.. ka demanding.. hehehe.. any hu.. here's what I'm doing now..

naa siya sa iyang kennel then I let her out every hour then place her sa playpen with newspaper on leash*.. then wait 15 mins. if mo eliminate siya good, then i'll praise her, if not back to the kennel..

pero i'm having a few problems, like she likes to eat the newspaper

*the leash is my only control for the puppy not to eating the paper..

so far, mo pee siya sa paper pero hessitant siya sa poo..

what you guys think? any suggestions? or pa dayon ni nako? ana toh video nah it will take 10-14 days straight.. if ma miss siya.. back to square 1... what if nag work ka and walay tao sa balay.. how to housebreak your dog? (wa man ni hisgot ang video..)

---

7mos old na ako tzu.. proud ko kay nakat.on na xa mu pee nd poo sa outside sa haus.. hehe..what i did was, sa first day i had him(5mos old then), i bought a crate (small enogh na sak2 rajd xa makasud) and dd2 ra nako xa gsulod pero ako itupad nako kng asa ko muad2, para d xa kfeel na abandon xa.. then every 2 hrs ako xa idala sa gawas sa haus and say weewee, if aftr 5 mins dli xa mu wee2 ibalik nako xa sa crate, if mu wee2 il praise him. aftr mga 1 week a2, ako na gtry wla sa crate, naa sa haus but gi leash cya..then mao ghpon aftr 2 hrs pagawason para mu wee2.. then aftr pila ka days kay gbuhian na sa leash then free na sa haus but with constant monitoring lang ghpn..hn2d nkaton njd xa na dli sa haus mangihi..hehe..

as for poop, kay every after meals nya ako xa iwalk nya dha xa mu poop nya same ghpon.. m.ana ko nya ug poo2..then ipraise aftr

good info! thanks..

hi gud morning evryone,i really nid ur help guyz,here's the situation,i have a 2months old tzu,he's running 3months old now,gnhn q ma-housetrain xa,not housebreak kay alwys rmn xa sa sulod sa house,i tried once ka2ng newspaper 4 a week lng guro 2,and yah nkat.on xa ug pee sa newspaper,bt at certain times dli xa mo.pee sa newspaper,dnt know why,and wla jd xa nkat.on ug poo sa newspaper ky d jd namo xa mtimingan nga pdng mo.poo and it will end up lng nga iya kitkiton ang newspaper,wla namo glimit iya mealtime ani like alwys ra namo butangan ug dogfood iya bowl kay mdyo bz mn gd mi,dghn pd nga gbuhat sa hauz ba,dn d pd xa pwd a2ng saa crate ky gamay kaau iya crate and mohilak jd daun if isud sa crate,and my bad nga wla xa naanad sa crate kay pg1st jd nya abot sa house ky amo ra gbuhian daun,wla jd xa naanad ug crate,dli pd xa pwd ileash ky again iya kitkiton,.ahm wat ba other effective ways of housetraining a tzu?like krn oh!!!sus pataka npd ug kalibang!!!grrrr!!!wat ba mga mistakes naq on training him?or is he too young to teach the potty training?i think his age is still catching up sa iya potty training,and mao pd d.i dli consistent iya poo-training kay im working at night and most of d time im sleeping sa buntag mao sahay psagdaan nlng jd naq xa kay lami jd kaau ikatug,dli mn sd xa bogo ky 1st time xa naabot dri sa house kausa rjd naq xa gtudloan asa dpit iya dogbowl dn nkatultol jd daun xa,sus d jd bya naq mkasuk.an kay pacute2 daun,mg.wag2 daun sa iya ikog,cute kaau,ahaha

. . . hope u cud help me out guyz,il be waiting kng knsa mn naa suggestions dha,hehe,thx ^^

I crate trained my dog.and it actually works..but the past few months I noticed that she keeps on peeing every corner inside the house and noticed that her pee has blood and white stones on it...nd realizes that shes having bladder stones..

but the told me...especially lap dogs that are staying inside the house are prone to developing renal stones..due on urinaly retention..

it means you know nothing about responsible ownership...thanks
    Last edited by brian joshua; 02-27-2012 at 12:48 PM.

chefLainz: really? hala nahadlok nuon ko sako doggie mgka urinary stones...naa ra xa prmi sulod sa haus.. then bsta gabii mga 6-7 hrs na xa wlay weewee kay 2log man mi tnan.. ngka bntag nana xa mu weewee balik kay pgawsn nmio.. kbantay gd kio every miorning dghan au xa weewee kay whole nyt gd nya ipugong...hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by april_me87 View Post
    chefLainz: really? hala nahadlok nuon ko sako doggie mgka urinary stones...naa ra xa prmi sulod sa haus.. then bsta gabii mga 6-7 hrs na xa wlay weewee kay 2log man mi tnan.. ngka bntag nana xa mu weewee balik kay pgawsn nmio.. kbantay gd kio every miorning dghan au xa weewee kay whole nyt gd nya ipugong...hehehe...

yeap...kay mag pugong mn sa ihi...prone ang male dogs sa stones...but sako pug(female) mn gud..sa ako rmn gd ni cya mo too..pataka ra ni cya ug ihi sa pikas balay kung among helper mo bantay..need pd cge inom water ang iroo..para dili mag sa stones...

maau gani ang iya stones na ihi ra niyaa...soo humok pa...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast