Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Is Hand Sanitizer Better Than Hand Washing?

Is Hand Sanitizer Better Than Hand Washing?

Alcohol-based hand sanitizer has been around for years, but the research was never quite clear whether it was as effective against germs as washing your hands. The verdict is in, and it looks like hand sanitizer is at least as effective.

According to research performed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hand sanitizer is considered as effective at killing germs as washing your hands with soap and water, unless hands are visibly soiled.

The main point to remember, however, is that the alcohol content of the handrub must be at least 60 percent to be effective.

To keep yourself and your family healthy, it's important to clean your hands, especially after you've used the restroom or prepared food.

Vigorously washing your hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds is still a tried and true method. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers can be a convenient alternative, however, as you can use them on-the-go--after you have been on public transportation, touched an animal or grocery cart, etc. The CDC recommends both hand sanitizing wipes and alcohol based gels.

Be sure to use enough to cover all surfaces of your hands, including between your fingers, and rub your hands until they are dry.

Default Re: Is Hand Sanitizer Better Than Hand Washing?

i do not like the feel of hand sanitizers..they make my hand go sticky and smelly..

nao pud na ang di nko ganahan, lain after, for me mas maayo pa ang tubig and sabon....

NO.

hand sanitizers are definitely not better. It drags away the moisture of the skin due to the alcohol content and may be too strong for our skin. Hand washing is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by abuot
    i do not like the feel of hand sanitizers..they make my hand go sticky and smelly..
    ako pud dko nahan sa sanitizer kay mura og sticky jd cya then ang smell pud sa sanitizer...mas maau pa ang hand washing kay humot pa cya..

Hand washing is just an alternative..

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

hand washing is definitely better BOTH for excess dirt-removal and simple sanitation.

hand washing is the better alternative
    hand sanitizers are for times and situations where handwashing is not possible
    otherwise mechanical removal of dirt (not only sterilization) is desirable...

soap and water the best

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast