Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Infractions: 0/3 (6)

Default Bible question: Is there a verse stating that Mary/Saints can hear our pleas?

Straight to the point question needing a straight to the point answer.
    No beating around the bush, no lame excuses.

I just wanted to know, those bible scholars out there or anyone nga suheto sa bibliya.
    Is there a particular verse which states that after Mary or the disciples are dead they can still hear the living who wanted some help?

Bonus question:

Ang mga patay or mga kalag sa patay for that matter, makadungog ba na sila nato kung mosangpit ta nila or is it required that they be canonized first before they gain the ability to hear the favors asked by the people?

Or basin tanan nga kalag naay abilidad nga makadungog nato pero kato rang mga gi-canonize and declared as saints have the permission to forward the requests to God?

Since the Bible is the ultimate source of truth to those whose religion was based on it's teachings, I want answers taken from the Bible.

For those who does not believe otherwise, please post some verses from the Bible which proves that Mary and the saints can no longer be able to help us once they are dead.

you're the expert, you tell us.

i'm not a bible expert.

Blog Entries
    What is the purpose of your wanting to know. Spare us the reason of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by handsoff241 View Post
    What is the purpose of your wanting to know. Spare us the reason of curiosity.
    to put it simply, i just wanted to know if i am following the right direction.
    in case that is not written in the bible then that means i'm calling the attention of those people who cannot hear me.

what's the purpose of asking favor if they can't hear you anymore?

Blog Entries
    The Bible is NOT THE ULTIMATE SOURCE OF TRUTH! The ultimate source of TRUTH is you in the end and that truth should be demonstrated if its really the TRUTH!

Puede nga naay bersikulo, puede sad nga wala. Ma anaa or wala, it does not present empirical truth. Verses may just suggest the biases of the its writers.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a bible expert, but I know my faith and my religion. All i need is the proper prowess and I will be fine in defending my faith.

Biblical proofs:

And concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God, `I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” --Matthew 22:31-32
    Note that Jesus is telling us that those in heaven are alive. But, they now have a new and higher way of living. They have been glorified in Christ once they enter into heaven. In fact, it could be said that they are much more alive than those of us still on earth.
    “And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, conversing with him. Then Peter said to Jesus in reply, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud cast a shadow over them, then from the cloud came a voice that said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”--Matthew 17:3-5
    Here, during the Transfiguration, Jesus talks to Moses and Elijah, who are very aware of what has been happening on earth. So, from this we can come to the conclusion that death does not separate those in heaven from those on earth.

Remember Paul teaches that we are all members of Christ’s body, the Church. The Book of Hebrews echoes this when it teaches that those who have gone before us into heaven still witness what happens on earth.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us” --Hebrews 12:1
    “When he took it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each of the elders held a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of the holy ones.” --Revelations 5:8
    We see that the elders and four living creatures (who represent the Saints and Angels in heaven) are offering the prayers of those on earth before Jesus. I don’t think it could get much clearer. In Revelation 8 there is another incident of heavenly intercession.

“Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a gold censer. He was given a great quantity of incense to offer, along with the prayers of all the holy ones, on the gold altar that was before the throne. The smoke of the incense along with the prayers of the holy ones went up before God from the hand of the angel. Then the angel took the censer, filled it with burning coals from the altar, and hurled it down to the earth. There were peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning, and an earthquake.” --Revelations 8:3-5
    Lastly, we have evidence from Christ himself.

“I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance. "Or what woman having ten coins and losing one would not light a lamp and sweep the house, searching carefully until she finds it? And when she does find it, she calls together her friends and neighbors and says to them, `Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost.' In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” --Luke 15:7-10
    Those in heaven could not rejoice over a sinner repenting on earth unless they knew about it. One more reference of Christ talking about this subject is found in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16. Those who have suffered bodily death, still are asking for help for those on earth (intercession) with knowledge of what is happening.

Outside the Biblical evidence

Getting to the question outside the Biblical evidence, we can support the fact that those in heaven can hear our prayers because it fits with what we know about God and humans. Just as no person can achieve heaven on their own power, so a Saint in heaven cannot hear prayers of those on earth from their own power. But, being glorified in Christ they now are partakers of the divine nature. This means they participate in the grace of God to a greater degree than we can even imagine. While God is the only one who by nature is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent – the Saints in heaven can in some way share in these traits. The number of prayers offered is finite, so to be able to “hear” all prayers wouldn’t take the gift of omniscience, but rather just raising our nature to a higher level.
    We must also remember that the heavenly existence is no longer bound by time. There is no time but eternity in heaven. Therefore, we must not try and answer a question of this nature by using our own limited understanding of how things work in this life.
    Based on the overwhelming evidence from Scripture, the constant Tradition of the Church as well as the fact that it is theologically acceptable, we can be assured that the Saints in heaven can hear our prayers and are praying for us.

Source: Aggie Catholics: Can the Saints hear us?

For the Virgin Mary's situation, the same can be applied, but certain things can also be added since she was taken up into heaven of both body and soul. And also her apparitions are strong evidence that she is listening to us.

Blog Entries
    ^btw, although i copy pasted the post, I assure you that I read it and understood it myself before giving it to you. As I said I know my faith and all I need is a proper guidance to defend my faith and help others who are in doubt.

I hope it takes away your doubt.

Blog Entries
    ^ like father like son (Catholic Faith Defenders)

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast