View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

ISTORYA BLOG #109: Tsinelas Charity

Rate this Entry
Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on January 22, 2011.

I HAVE FOUND OUT that charity can be very contagious but without the mortal gravity of a viral endemic that I have known happening then and then again on the different parts of the globe. What it lacked in lethality though it gave up with more empathy and compassion...and much much love...

It all started as a one-man social action center in the hinterlands of Guadalupe two years ago and it won converts from Boy Toledo and Ernie Salomon, from Dr. Abe Manlawe and the Cebu Mountaineering Society, from O.N.E. Cebu Outdoor Group and the EWIT Mountaineers. The list is long and my apologies for those whom I failed to mention for my memory is short, but, just the same, they all shared love and charity in a very unconventional setting.

To mention, EWIT went on to spread goodwill in all the most remote places they visit and their deeds are very well cherished not just from the recipients themselves but from those whom have known and worked with them like the television crew who made a documentary in the hinterlands of Badian about tsinelas1 just recently.

Another individual who took this very infectious bug is Marco Albeza, a professor of a local university here and a recent convert of Camp Red. Unknown to many, he mobilized his college class comprising of Math Education students and taught them how to walk the trails of Napo and Kalunasan on August 1, 6 and 8, 2010 and...READ MORE

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top