View RSS Feed

Stories, and then Some...

lights

Rate this Entry
once again the city is awash in the glittering lights that signal the season. nobody can escape but be somehow moved. there is something in the dance of those colors each time the sun goes down that everyone anticipates.

perhaps it is that promise of joy, since the season seems to be always heralded by high hopes. everything seems to look, sound and feel better. everyone talks about the spirit of the season. everybody sings about snow-cold weather in the middle of the broiling Philippine sun and laugh about not being able to get much presents out of everybody else.

but it's a few days past Christmas.

to walk these cold streets in the silence of midnight is to see the sadness of lights hanging limp on branches of trees. it is when they flicker uselessly and needlessly; the season has come and gone and we are burdened by the drudgery of real life once again.

to dance unappreciated. to know that you have outlived your usefulness. to dance desperately savoring the few remaining dregs left of what happiness the season could offer. to dance in silent midnights like these, a final midnight perhaps since tomorrow the show might end.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lights by Ellie Goulding is my pick-me-up song, helps me brave the day as I drive to work.
    Oh, and btw, I appreciate you. Dancing or whatever, you're appreciated.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top