View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

The personal journal of PinoyApache

1. ISTORYA BLOG #115: Island Camp Red

First published on April 1, 2011

THE CERES BUS arrive two-and-a-hours later in Daanbantayan, Cebu for a trip that normally take four hours. By God, the bus flied. It is still 3:30 AM and still too early for 6:00 AM boat...READ MORE (Press CTRL + mouse click)

Updated 06-08-2014 at 10:24 AM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Outdoors
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #114: How to be a Relevant Outdoors Blogger

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on March 16, 2011.

OUTDOORS BLOGGING IS a very good vehicle that captures the adventurous spirit of our youths today and it is one of the more popular niche that gets “googled” a thousand hits everyday or every hour, depending on how popular your site is. Outdoors blogging is not for the faint-hearted though. You have to live with what you write.

There are personal outdoors blog and there are commercial outdoors blog. The former is more ...

Updated 06-02-2014 at 07:50 PM by pinoyapache

Tags: blogging, how to
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #113: Nocturnal Hunting in Argao

Featured at Warrior Pilgrimage on March 8, 2011

IT IS RAINING when we pass by Naga town at one in the afternoon of October 2, 2010. I am sitting beside Boy Toledo inside his KIA Pride, him driving, while Ernie Salomon is at the back. We just left an awfully-hot Cebu City an hour ago bound for Argao – 67 kilometers down south.

We are Camp Red and we will embark on another bushcraft and survival activity, this time, hunting for fresh-water shrimps and crabs, elvers and ...
    Categories
    Outdoors
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #112: Oslob Heritage Town

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on March 1, 2011

I HAVE NEVER been there. I sometimes pass by the place going to Santander and know that it is Oslob when I see the welcome sign. But not today, August 18, 2010. I have an errand to do here.

Oslob is a seaside town in Southern Cebu. It has powder-white beaches along its coastline and pristine blue-green waters near the shore where the sand bottom could be clearly seen from the highway. It is 116 kilometers from Cebu City ...
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #111: Kilat Trail

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on February 7, 2011

FOR FIVE STRAIGHT weekends, I was frozen in my workplace and family. My mind is somewhere else but my butt is glued to my office chair and the living room couch until a slight breakthrough came in on September 19, 2010. Previous to those weeks, I thought I need to explore a trail I found somewhere in the fringes of the Buhisan Watershed Area.

Two presets of alarm went past unnoticed. And as the heat of the day ...
  6. ISTORYA BLOG #110: Early Dinner at Steely Danao

Featured in WARRIOR PILGRIMAGE on February 1, 2011.

VISITED MY OLD friends in Danao City on July 21, 2010. I call them Mr. Fine and Mr. Coarse. They are craftsmen skilled in the repair of small handguns and they are a father-and-son tandem. I used to go there once every 3 or 4 months to answer some of my friend's favor to have their pistol or revolver checked for flaws and to improve its features. But not anymore.

This time, I'm dropping by just to say hello and keep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. ISTORYA BLOG #109: Tsinelas Charity

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on January 22, 2011.

I HAVE FOUND OUT that charity can be very contagious but without the mortal gravity of a viral endemic that I have known happening then and then again on the different parts of the globe. What it lacked in lethality though it gave up with more empathy and compassion...and much much love...

It all started as a one-man social action center in the hinterlands of Guadalupe two years ago and it won converts from Boy Toledo ...
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top