View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. ISTORYA BLOG #103: How to Make a Firecracker Alternative

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on November 15, 2010.

CHRISTMAS HERE IN THE Philippines is prepared earlier than usual as compared with other countries. When the “-ber” ending months starts to be displayed in wall calendars, Filipinos start to move about as if Christmas is just around the corner. Trust the shopkeepers and mall owners, they stick to traditions.

Christmas Philippine-style is celebrated by releasing or exploding firecrackers in the air or on a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #94: Night Trip to Malapascua

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on September 1, 2010

I LEFT THE OFFICE in Mandaue City at ten thirty in the evening of April 30, 2010. I will take an overnight trip far north to Daanbantayan and, from there, cross over to Malapascua Island early in the morning to retrieve a package and bring it back to the mainland.

I will not be alone. Eddie Alberca will be with me and he will drive the Toyota Revo over two small cities and nine towns, a distance of roughly ...
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #90: Domestic Sunday

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogaspot.com on August 1, 2010

I TOOK A DAY off from my weekend trips to the bush today, July 18, 2010. I have to keep a promise I give to my wife, Vilma, a week ago to clean my backyard of an unused structure which have served as my dirty kitchen of long ago for it is in a sorry state and an awful sight to look at. It has to go.

I rose up early at 6:19 AM and turn on the FM radio to listen to the '80s rock classics in NU 107 as I sit and ...
    Tags: home life
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #89: An Affair at Mariner's Court

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on July 15, 2010

MY MOM CALLED me up early in the morning of June 29, 2010 inviting me to attend and witness the swearing in to office of Vice Governor Greg Sanchez in Mariner's Court. I took the invitation as an opportunity to visit the said seamen's hub, located in the heart of the Associated Labor Union (ALU) compound near Pier 1 of the Port of Cebu.

Although I only saw a fleeting glimpse of the said building in my previous ...
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #87: Playing With the CSCST Builders

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on July 1, 2010

IT HAS BEEN THIRTY-five years since I played my first basketball game. It was just a pick-up game of three a side. A one goal affair. Then and there, I sprained my middle finger. I was a fourth grader. Nine years later, I played my first collegiate varsity game.

I suited up for the “new” Cebu State College of Science and Technology (CSCST) Builders in 1983 in the now-defunct Cebu Amateur Athletic Association (CAAA)1. ...
  6. ISTORYA BLOG #85: 1st Cebu Blog Camp 2010

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on June 15, 2010

THIS BLOGGER REPRESENTED this personal blog and its niche in the recent 1st Cebu Blog Camp 2010 being held in CAP Arts Center, Osmeña Boulevard, Cebu City on May 22, 2010. I get the chance to meet online blogger friends offline like Estan Cabigas, Xerxes Bernadez, Ka Bino Guerrero, etc., and it was a very great fellowship of website owners, SEO gurus, techies and advertisers.

I registered online at the last hour ...
  7. ISTORYA BLOG #78: Overheating Multicab, Sweet Tuba & Spoon Carving

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on April 22, 2011

AFTER OUR PURPOSE in Asturias, Cebu is finished for this day on February 24, 2010, we sped back to where we came from three hours ago to the Trans-Central Highway and then to Cebu City. This mountain highway links Metro Cebu to the western coast particularly to Balamban town where there is a major ship-building facility located.

Omar Pace drove the Suzuki Multicab to the Trans-Central Highway and as it climbed ...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top