View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. "KalCat" Photography

I see cats all over the Lahug area. The place I live is full of cats, and also the place I work. About time I took photos of them. Yes I like cats better than dogs.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Recent Book Purchases (Part Deux)

Warrior face on.

Story of ill-fated "Operation Red Wing", from the eyes of the lone surviving SEAL TEAM 10 member, Marcus Luttrell.

Rickenbacker hunts the Red Baron!!!

To complete the warrior ...

Updated 10-05-2009 at 08:39 PM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Recent Book Purchases

Bought two books recently. Both books are all about things of wonder, something I really am fond of.

This one is for my dad, an avid cyclist...

"The Beautiful Machine: A Life in Cycling, from Tour De France to Cinder Hill"
    by Graeme Fife

Really great book for cycling enthusiasts. I used to be an avid cyclist myself. My dad bought me my first bike when I was 10 years ...

Updated 09-05-2009 at 03:19 PM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tuesday, again.

(suggested music while reading this blog entry: The Smiths - Barbarism Begins at Home)

Just a random entry. Noticed that I haven't been stuffing this bag of memories for a while now so I figgered it was a good time for an update.

A few days ago I sent a book about Fairies (yes, those (often) scantily-clad, tiny beautiful girls with wings, i.e. Tinkerbell et al) to my 9-year old daughter as a reward for placing 2nd in an essay writing contest in school for nutrition ...

Updated 08-18-2009 at 07:28 PM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Partial Eclipse Observation, July 22, 2009, Cebu City

My simple setup...I made it from 8:00 am to around 8:15 am this morning
    It's a toilet paper tube, expanded to fit the collar of my S3IS, with a Gauge 10 welder's glass taped onto the opening.

Setting up at Banawa, Luthienne taking photos.

Naay mga ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be...

...but I now seriously think that moderating the iStorya.net science forum is like being one of those barbecue sellers at New Larsian, who constantly and furiously (like a Michael Jackson gone mad) make "bugaw" to the "langaws" that just love to land on the yummy, glistening surface of all the meat that's being sold there. I say this, because no matter how much I remind and warn people of the grave consequences that would arise if they do not follow that subforum's rules, it ...

Updated 07-20-2009 at 06:42 PM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Endeavour (STS-127) Launch

Watched it live today. Finally, after 4 aborted attempts (it was supposed to launch last June), it's now finally in orbit.

I took this snapshot off NASA TV, about 48 seconds after launch...

Note the vapor condensation forming around the ET and nose of the shuttle...amazing to watch it on video...there will be lots of it in YouTube the next few hours so I won't bother ...

Updated 07-16-2009 at 07:06 AM by rodsky

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top