Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaning

DIYers diri, how do you clean your MAF sensors?

I have been looking for MAF sensor cleaners but didn't find any.
    Some say Electronic contact cleaners will do — is it really safe and effective?

Basin naa mo idea where to buy CRC MAF sensor cleaner or any other brand, please share the info.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by friedrich View Post
    DIYers diri, how do you clean your MAF sensors?

I have been looking for MAF sensor cleaners but didn't find any.
    Some say Electronic contact cleaners will do — is it really safe and effective?

Basin naa mo idea where to buy CRC MAF sensor cleaner or any other brand, please share the info.

Thanks!
    The only place in Cebu that sells MAF sensor cleaner is Kapitan. They have another brand, not CRC, but it is OK; I have used it. Do not use other cleaners including throttle body or brake cleaners on the maf sensor. The MAF sensor is a very delicate device. When spraying, do not spray with the nozzle near the MAF wire/resistors and do not touch those wires or resistors. It will be clean when you see it restored to its original color (usually amber for some). Spray once then what for a minute or two then spray again. Do it probably 5 times until it is clean.

Thanks for the info, bro. I hope Pyeza also has it since same owner ra sila.

Just an info why I plan to clean my MAF.

I noticed that my transmission responds better when the AC is On rather than when the AC is off. It seems mas naa pa power and better RPM when under extra load (AC). Unusual to what I am used to notice before. Opposite na man karon.

Got my ATF and engine oil changed lately. So, I'll try my luck by cleaning the MAF, TB and air filter.

How does your transmission respond better? Shifts earlier? While you are cleaning your tb clean your iac valve and check pcv valve.

I noticed that it shifts earlier because the RPM goes up much faster with the AC ON.

I feels like mas mu utong pa ang engine to reach the desired RPM to change to the next gear kung Off ang AC

Suwayi lang clean everything because it is the cheapest solution and there is no check engine ?

Yeah no CEL

Mao ni imo pasabot boss nga naa sa Kapitan?

Sa Pyeza nako ni napalit for P380.
    Last edited by friedrich; 11-07-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Yes. Ok Rana. The company is good also. That's what I have. Have you tried opening the TB? Fly by wire BA?

Done cleaning my MAF sensor.
    First observation - pag start sa engine the RPM was only around 1k then slowly drops to its normal idle speed.

Before, ig start ky derecho around 1800 rpm then would suddenly flactuate below 1500 then balik 1600. Slowly dropping to its normal idle speed of 700 rpm.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast