Post China’s Christmas present to Google is Blocking Gmail

(Not our major concern pero this news can sit and have a coffee.) Hehehe

Kuyawa.

Gmail has been completely blocked in China, following six months of disruption by government censors. Google’s Transparency Report reveals Gmail traffic in China dropping like a stone on December 25th.

The Chinese government has not claimed responsibility for the sudden drop in Gmail traffic from the country but a Google spokesperson told Reuters: “We’ve checked and there’s nothing wrong on our end.”

Anti-censorship group GreatFire.org says large numbers of Gmail addresses were cut off in China on Friday. Unsurprisingly, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told Reuters that she did not know anything about Gmail being blocked.

During the summer, Chinese government censors clamped down on Google services, as well as LinkedIn and other sites, on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square protests.

Although Gmail was affected in that crackdown, determined users in China could still access their accounts using IMAP, POP and STMP. But now that loophole appears to have been closed. Virtual private networks (VPNs) are the last route to access blocked services.

Google relocated its search engine to Hong Kong from China in 2010, following allegations that the government had hacked into Gmail accounts belonging to prominent activists.

source:
    China's Christmas Present To Google? Blocking Gmail

They'll do anything just to cover up the Tiananmen Square Massacre. And no one knows what happened to those student protesters.

Thanks to the so-called "China's peaceful rise"

afaik google dont have an office in mainland china and they transfered to HK... so im not really surprise from great firewall of china

delikado kau ning China da

Quote Originally Posted by Istudyante-Ni-Pikoy View Post
    (Not our major concern pero this news can sit and have a coffee.) Hehehe

Kuyawa.

source:
    China's Christmas Present To Google? Blocking Gmail
    mods note:

.. let me use your opening line

(Not our major concern pero this news can sit and have a coffee.)
    .. the threads you have posted lately has been cloggin the politics section, news that doesn't have much relevance to cebu and the philippines in general. kindly stop making threads like these, if people want to read these kind of news, there's always yahoo news or google news for that ...

it's their country let them be or do whatever they wan't...

actually they are making replicating the great wall of china inside the cyber world.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    mods note:

.. let me use your opening line

.. the threads you have posted lately has been cloggin the politics section, news that doesn't have much relevance to cebu and the philippines in general. kindly stop making threads like these, if people want to read these kind of news, there's always yahoo news or google news for that ...

Ok noted boss. Actually boss, before I post the thread I reviewed the rules&Guides pero wla man nka butang ddito na d na pwde ang mga external news. That's why I posted some tech news nalang as everybody are familiar about the website na mostly known na sa atoa. I created the thread cause it's about gmail was block so maybe there is something in gmail too na kn unsa ilang gi buhat sa China pwde pd buhaton nila sa atoa seems wla man pd nila gi spicicfy ang reason why they block.

Blog Entries
    naaahh no worries about that freegate vpn are always free

10.    Advertisement