Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How flip cover works

Curious question here. I noticed that most, if not all generic/not original flip covers doesn't work on my smartphone. I have a lenovo phone that comes with a free flip cover. I bought a generic flip cover but I was disappointed to learn that the screen doesn't turn on/off the screen when I open/close the flip cover. The same thing i noticed on my wife's S4.

How exactly does original flip covers work and what is it equipped with that is missing on generic stuff?

Blog Entries
    "There are hidden magnets in the front part of the flip cover. These magnets tell the device that Sview flip cover is attached. The glass window that is on the cover is conductive, through which you can operate only that much part of the screen leaving the rest of the screen non operable to avoid accidental touch. The idea behind is just like the Apple smart cover. What makes the Sview Flip cover different is the conductive window functionality to accept or reject calls etc."

How does samsung SView FlipCover Work - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Feature na sa imong phone nga mu.on/off bsta i.uncover/cover ang flip cover? Basin wala na nga feature. Install Proximity Screen Off(Pro).

Blog Entries
    depdende sad para nsa ang flip cover. if para off ra sa screen, pwd ra kanang proximity sensor.
    peru if k2 pina s cover or sa g2 or the like nga mu "minimize" ang screen to fit the "Screen" sa flip cover, then k2 na mga magnets.

Ang free orig Lenovo flip cover turns the screen on and off. Ganahan ko ato nga feature ky no need na to press the power button everytime the phone display goes to sleep. The thing is dli ko ganahan sa orig flip cover mao nagpalit ko ug lain. Dli man diay mu function as the orig. Too bad.

Blog Entries
    ah so on and off lang jd dae. try what sir @jerkric mentioned. k2 proximity screen off pro nga app. nindt xa. dghan kag options and features to tinker with sad.

I try to avoid using the power button ky mao ni kasagaran maguba dayon. So I downloaded autoscreen onoff app (smart cover) para magamit ra gihapon nako ang ako gipalit nga flip cover. At first okay kaayo ang app, ky sa tanan apps nga ako na test, mao ni ang pinaka responsive ang proximity sensor. No delays. LAtely lang ky nag sige na ug restart akong phone. I suspect it is the proximity sensor app causing it. Init kaayo ang dapit sa sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by nickgandionco View Post
    ah so on and off lang jd dae. try what sir @jerkric mentioned. k2 proximity screen off pro nga app. nindt xa. dghan kag options and features to tinker with sad.
    Unsa diay gamit ani bundled flip cover boss pag signal niya ug on and off sa screen? Magnet pod ni? As much as possible ganahan ta ko dli na mu use ug 3rd party app. Mao na curious ko unsay naa sa orig flip cover nga proximity sensor ra man pod siguro gigamit ani.
    Last edited by friedrich; 04-29-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by friedrich View Post
    I try to avoid using the power button ky mao ni kasagaran maguba dayon. So I downloaded autoscreen onoff app (smart cover) para magamit ra gihapon nako ang ako gipalit nga flip cover. At first okay kaayo ang app, ky sa tanan apps nga ako na test, mao ni ang pinaka responsive ang proximity sensor. No delays. LAtely lang ky nag sige na ug restart akong phone. I suspect it is the proximity sensor app causing it. Init kaayo ang dapit sa sensor.
    Mao sa ako n4 kai lain sad ako pag off or on para d jd mugamit sa power button. Hehe.

Blog Entries
    If wala ana nga feature imu phone, either mag 3rd party app ka, or mag custom rom with those features.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast