Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Globe fair usage policy -- class action lawsuit question

When I availed of the Globe Tattoo Superstick (max 7 Mbps, 5 users) at P 999 a month, there was no daily capping at 1 Gb. Then last January 2014, Globe implemented 1 Gb cap. If you reach that cap, you'll end up with 2G browsing speed (about 20 to 50 Kpbs?); that's really slow. It's like a dial-up internet speed back in the 90's or early 2000's.

I'm not satisfied with Globe's internet speed before they implemented the 1 Gb daily cap and now they're giving us 2G browsing speed? We all know that's a nightmare. A friend of mine has to go to coffee shop in the middle of the night sometimes to work because of Globe's unstable internet connection, with or without the capping.

I use internet for mostly for work. I send large emails (with attachments), sync Adobe PSD & files on Dropbox and sometimes stream music (online FM). I'm missing deliverables because of the cap (or CRAP).

Globe has their reasons but what they should really do is improve their internet. Again, we didn't pay for 2G speed. You have to wait for 24 hours in order too have that HSDPA (if you ever get that). One Gb usage per day is not enough!

There's a petition already. Please click below link. However, I want to know if we could raise this a notch higher by class action lawsuit or going to the streets (in front of Globe's office) because these writing petitions would take so much time. It's good but it's slow.

https://www.change.org/petitions/glo...-are-marketing

I request a feedback from an expert (e.g. lawyer) here so that we know the next step.

I know there are other threads about internet capping but this thread is about class action lawsuit.

There is not enough government oversight with telcos. Consumers are not being protected and there is inadequate competition.

Did2 sa gawas kay ang subscription sa wireless internet kay by bandwidth man that is why particular kaayo sila how much data ilang nagamit for a particular billing cycle. Globe is trying to copy this structure. In fairness, because ani nga structure, kusog ang Globe compared sa Smart and Sun Broadband. Ang di lang gyud nako ganahan is kanang ilang false advertisement nga "unlimited" kuno. I hope one day, they'll have the decency to tell the public outright of what they'll getting.

para nako okay ramn ning capping.. but patas-an lang unta nila kay unfair kaayo sa uban nga gamit sa work.. tsk2x

while i also hate this "capping" by globe but i can really say that this is not going to go too far... you may sign up petitions, you may file cases in court or NTC, but i am certainly sure it will be an uphill struggle... here are some reasons:

1.) first, globe also has their legal team and i am pretty sure they are pretty prepared for this and they will fight back to the end.
    2.) telcos and ISP in our god forsaken country are almost untouchable because of our inutil government. there are also not much rules to counter these kinds of greedy business strategy, kung naa man, good luck kung na implement ba... our government agencies who are there supposedly to protect us have almost zero accountability so go figure...
    3.) NTC is powerless IMO
    4.) last but not the least, know what you signed up for... at for crying out loud, if you are using your internet for a living, stay away from wireless internet of any kind maski pag 4G pa na kay wireless will never be as reliable as wired connection.

don't get me wrong, i am also a globe subscriber... DSL lang hinuon... i will never look back at wireless internet, not even 4G...
    Last edited by bim27142; 03-23-2014 at 09:37 PM.

@bim27142
    The reason I availed of this is that I can use it anywhere (mostly). You can't bring your home DSL anywhere with you. There was no capping before. So yeah, I do know what I signed up for.

The reason that I asked or mentioned about Class Action Lawsuit and taking this to streets (maybe this is not much of issue for some people) is for these Telcos and our government to realize that people are watching and they can't just do these silly things.

And if they do cap, it should be way higher than 1 Gb.

Blog Entries
    Aw kung ang mentalidad magsige rang ingon this will not go far, aw natural dili gyud mo go far..

Mao nay problema sigeg reklamo pero if naay mo take action dauton dayon..

At least ang uban diha naay gibuhat.. dili lang kay sigeg pagarpar.. support nalang ayaw sige yawyaw nga dili mo prosper..

Stupid kaayo ning idea sa capping.. Kung mao man gani ang plano nila manundog anang sa US.. sundogon unta ug tarong dili kay paling-paling2x.

whoever think of this capping shit is a genius.. bogo kaayo pagcalculate sa usage sa taw.. I mean come on..

globe ko, wala man ko na-cap...bag-ohay pa gani nako nahuman 26 gb nga max-payne 3....
    happy kaau ko sa globe except tag 180ms akong ping sa dota 2....

^^ kanus-a ka nagpa connect?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast