Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default TAXES for the CHURCH

I'm doing a little bit of research here since churches here in the Philippines, whether catholics or non catholics, they dont have taxes!

Would it be feasible for the government to impose taxes for the churches since they also part of the what we called Macroeconomy but then they dont even have to pay taxes?

Please enlighten me with this one.... Thanks!

More posts and questions later on...

Default Re: TAXES for the CHURCH

i agree! all churches and other religious groups must pay taxes. NO EXEMPTION... everybody must pay taxes HONESTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by samsungster
    i agree! all churches and other religious groups must pay taxes. NO EXEMPTION... everybody must pay taxes HONESTLY!
    Ditto.

Klaroha unsa na nga tax. Nagbayad baya ang simbahan ug tax especially their business income.

Elite Member

Btaw, what particular tax?

Bisan unsa nga tax.

two basic constitutional reasons why religious entities should not be taxed

- to protect the exercise of religious freedom.. delegate Cloribel to the 135 constitutional convention put it in this way... “if churches, convents and their accessories are always necessary for facilitating the exercise of such freedom, it would also be natural that their existence be also guaranteed by exempting them from taxation.”

- to guarantee the separation of church and state... eliminating the exemption would “tend to expand the involvement of the government” in church affairs... retaining it “tends to compliment and reinforce the desired separation insulating each from the other...”

somehow churches/religious entities acts as government's surrogate in providing some vital services the government has not been able to carry out.. it is but proper to give them the prerogative of tax exemption, in the same way our taxing authorities gave to other entities (non-profit institutions, a beneficiary society, order or association, etc.)

however, one big tax myth is tax exemptions for churches/religious entities aren't boundless.. of course they are being tax at activities that generate income unrelated to the organization's exempt function..

i agree that churches here in the philippines should pay taxes because gihimo lang nang gatasan sa maga pare ang kwarta sa mga tawo....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that's a fact!!!!!!!!11
    kay bantay bakag pare nga pobre

Adto daw anang pari nga na assign sa bukid. Datu ba na sila. Exaggerated ra ni kaayo imo gi post.

Quote Originally Posted by s.n.m.p.
    Adto daw anang pari nga na assign sa bukid. Datu ba na sila. Exaggerated ra ni kaayo imo gi post.
    yes, they are exxagarating.....and i stand with my words

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast