Default adobe illustrator, import photo while working on a file

how do i insert a photo while working a something in adobe illustrator CS?
    doing a copy-paste on huge files is not possible (it gets too big for the clipboard)... so i have to open the big file in illustrator and drag it to the file i am working...

Default Re: adobe illustrator, import photo while working on a file

It's best practice to link large image files to your Illustrator document without embedding them. This way, you save disk space and you can still edit the image file separately in Photoshop or other image-editing programs. Any changes you made to the linked image file will be loaded into Illustrator.

Just click File > Place ... Browse for your image file and make sure Link Files is checked. It is best to place the linked image file in a folder relatively near to your Illustrator document. It is even better to place it in the same directory as the Illustrator document.

When saving your document, make sure Include image files is unchecked.

When you need to transport your Illustrator document to another computer, you must carry all linked image files along with it. You could also just export your Illustrator file as a flat image file like jpeg or png.

yup right...

please avoid making main layers for it make your file size more larger try to limit it to 2 to 3 main layers to save space...

link image can be edited directly with photoshop while working with illustrator and when save it automaticaly update the link file at illutrator...

@ sinus: are you the sinus of crayon lab?
    i would like to share my Adobe Illustrator talent for you if your the one... just contact "billy" for my info his on the crayon lab also....

or pm me

you can also link a file with .tiff extension. dili kaau bug-at

5.    Advertisement