Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Solar engineer tells youth: Don’t repeat India’s BPO ‘mistake'

Solar engineer tells youth: Don

As what I have said all along. Call centers are dead end. It doesn't just degrade workforce's options it deteriorates society as a whole.

Default Re: Solar engineer tells youth: Don’t repeat India’s BPO ‘mistake'

It's a necessary evil at the moment IMO. Though it's unfortunate that it's making automatons out of our potential-filled youth and reinforces the stereotype that one's English-speaking skill is a good measure of one's status in society, automatons and glorified secretaries are way better than jobless freeloaders. Until the Philippines can provide better options for our fresh graduates, we'll continue to be a nation callboys and callgirls.

I do agree na something has to change though. And that something should start with education and culture. Kini man gud ang education system ug atong cultura sigeg ibahog sa mga bata na mas maayo jud ang mga white-collar jobs, bahalag secretary for life, basta aircon ang opisina. We have to change that. Daghan kaayo options outside the office, though unfortunately pud ang ato government wala gigaan ug maayo na incentive ang mga bata to take such courses.
    Last edited by noel_llapa; 09-02-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Not just better jobs but improve the quality of life of existing workforce. we have underpaid doctors, nurses and engineers who would probably end up as CSAs because the pay is much better. Our skillset goes out the door as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki_v2.0 View Post
    Not just better jobs but improve the quality of life of existing workforce. we have underpaid doctors, nurses and engineers who would probably end up as CSAs because the pay is much better. Our skillset goes out the door as well.
    Unfortunately pud the institutions, particularly the private ones, honestly cannot afford to pay these people much higher.

ka daghan OFW nga pila na ka years/decades sa ila position.. dili pud related sa courses
    kadaghanan sa mga taw ni trabaho aron maka kwarta

Blog Entries

well... that is what I feel about this industry. but its better than going abroad and sharing your expertise outside your country. it's choosing the lesser of the two weavils.

alang2x its all about the money, money, money... XD

Quote Originally Posted by kreik101 View Post
    alang2x its all about the money, money, money... XD
    it's all about RISK-FREE money to be exact. kay kung money lang ang istoryahan, daghan pay field na mas lucrative kaysa BPO. ang mga fresh graduates lang jud mahadlok mu-venture into something new, something difficult but rewarding, something high-risk but high-return pud. mahadlok na man gani sila mu-venture sa kagalingon nilang field na giseskwelahan. dili sila gusto mu-start from the bottom and rise through the ranks of their chosen profession.

ang gusto sa pinoy kanang work na subok na na makakwarta. mao gani nang sa business pud, kung naay mutukod ug manukan unya pagtan-aw sa silingan na daghan customer, tukod pud syag iyang manukan. after a year, ang tibook barangay lukop na ug manukan, ug after another year, bankrupt sila tanan. ^_^
    Last edited by noel_llapa; 09-03-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Bisag kinsa man siguro will grab the opportunity to earn a decent income alasbe pabuhi sa parents although naa pud uban mu pili jud linya sa ilaha nahuman. Mao pud lagi mo take pa og years before they can get a job that is in line with their degrees. Kung kaw kahuman ka og kurso, mo pili ka motrabaho or pabuhi? Asa man ka?

Bisan asa na company naa man jud na ingon ana, kana contented lang ba asa sila karon basta naa trabaho, maka-kaon katulo sa usa ka adlaw okay na nila. This is not in the BPO sector alone. Ending ane ron, i-blame nasad nato sa government. Kung puro ra pud ta blame la jud ta padulngan. Maypa mangusog ta to initiate the change and open the minds of the youth on our own way mura naa pud guro purohan kaysa mghuwat ta gobyerno mo lihok mura di jud mahalangit.

In 2 years of becoming a teacher in highschool og college, I always emphasize to my students to take a course na ganahan ninyo na kabalo mo naa mao jud inyoha ganahan. If you are given the choice go for something you want and is passionate about. If la moy choice, take the course gusto sa inyoha parents kay sila man ng-gasto if humana mo then its time to take the direction you want to go.

I always, always, always tell them "business" is much better. There is no such thing as job security. Every employee is indispensable. You work, save money, and have a business. Too bad, this is not what our curriculum is being designed in our education system. Our mindset, we go to school in order to work in an office. Mas naa pay dating ang ngwork sa office kay sa naay negosyo ginagmay. Mao mane realidad. Naa ra nato kung kita mismo maoy mu usab ane.
    Last edited by lejean; 09-03-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Call Center Job is only 9 hours (in general - that already include breaks). Sleep is 7 to 8 hours, that makes round 15 to 16 hours. You have 7-8 hours to spend on what you desire most....spend it wisely to help you grow further as a person, as a citizen of your country. And oh, save while you earn BIG in this Industry!!!

We'll I use that 7-8 hours doing what I love most..Basketball and Entrepreneurship!!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast