Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Bottle Projects by My Shelter Foundation, Golden Hearts CEBU, JCI Mandaue, MCCI etc

MyShelter Foundation is a non-stock non-profit organization that aims to create a system of sustainability and replicability through its capability-building and employment generating projects. MyShelter empowers its beneficiaries and uses their energies as the greatest force for their upliftment. Among its previous projects are the 25 Earthen Schools in Surigao, Coral Walls development, and the innovative peanut shelters for peanut farmers and processors. MyShelter Foundation is the pioneering force behind the Design Against the Elements project.

Design Against the Elements

Design Against the Elements is a global architectural design competition meant to find a solution to the problems presented by climate change. Spurred by the devastation wreaked in the Philippines by tropical storm Ondoy (Ketsana) and driven by a powerhouse multidisciplinary group of organizations from the private, institutional, and government sectors, the project aims to draw together the most innovative minds in the fields of architecture, design, and urban planning to develop sustainable and disaster-resistant housing for communities in tropical urban settings.

The winning design will be built as a prototype disaster-resistant and livable eco-village in Taguig City, Metro Manila. The village will be the first green and disaster-resistant community in the country. It will provide a model that can be studied and replicated in similar areas. The finished project will house a marginalized community living in an environmental danger zone, giving them a sense of security, ownership, and awareness of sustainability that can be practiced at all levels in their everyday lives.

The project also aims to present a definitive green building solution in a truly local context. Too often, home-owners, architects, and policy-makers think of sustainable building as a luxury that only privileged landowners and advanced countries can afford. Design Against the Elements considers green architecture as essential to survival; it has the ability to reduce the frequency and impact of environmental disasters and lessen the cycle of poverty.

Hello Istoryans, Cebuanos and Mandauenons!

Here we are again asking for your HELP!

This is just pretty SIMPLE! We only ask of you to COLLECT all your PET BOTTLES, specifically CLEAR PET BOTTLES of 1.5 L or 2 L Softdrinks which look like these...

COLLECT...
    all PET BOTTLES that you can!

SELECT...
    all CLEAR or COLORED PET BOTTLES and pack them up!

DONATE...
    all CLEAR PET BOTTLES to US!

These will be used for an upcoming project that MY SHELTER FOUNDATION together with the Cebu City Government and other organizations in Cebu (JCI, MCCI, Rotary Club, etc) will be having before this year ends!

We are hoping to collect as many PET BOTTLES as we can! What you DO and what you GIVE and DONATE to US, surely and trully will...

COUNT & MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

So what better way than to start it at home, in school or in your office! If you see one lying around, get up, move and pick it up and collect and donate to US!

We will be putting designated drop boxes for these all over the city or we can pick it up from you, just give us a CALL or TXT for scheduled pickups, most probably on SATURDAYS or SUNDAYS!

Your contact persons:

Dr. Adhara Amie Aubrey C. Cornelio DMD (aka angel_brey)
    Mobile: 0922-836-3730
    0915-661-8511
    email: angel_brey@yahoo.com

Michael Brian C. Yu (aka Githyanki)
    Mobile: 0922-476-0948
    email: michaelbrianyu@yahoo.com.ph

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD FOR MORE UPDATES! Thank you and Godbless!
    Last edited by angel_brey; 08-12-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Default Re: Bottle Projects by My Shelter Foundation, Golden Hearts CEBU, JCI Mandaue, MCCI e

morag ubay2 gyud tong naa namo..payr ni, motabang pod tag himo ?? or donate rata ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bottle Projects by My Shelter Foundation, Golden Hearts CEBU, JCI Mandaue, MCCI e

nindota na jud ani atong mga projects di jud ko dapat mawala ug cebu para makajoin japon

Tanawa lang na ninyu ang mga VIDEOS guys as in nice gyud kaayo siya! Ma amaze mo ug apil hehehe bsta tanawa na ninyu mga projects ni Ilac Diaz! heheh dili lang ta tabang COLLECT uy mutabang sad gyud ta ug himo uy! hehehe

Thanks sa mga ni LIKE! Pero nindot sad if mu COMMENT mo para ma UP sad ni siya! Thanks!

Kang Illac Diaz pud ni ay!!

Pinoy Ingenuity.mp4 - YouTube posted in Science section, https://www.istorya.net/forums/scienc...ectricity.html

Nice ni doc..! I'll try to donate..

Talking Re: Bottle Projects by My Shelter Foundation, Golden Hearts CEBU, JCI Mandaue, MCCI e

Yeah...bsta tanan na BOTTLE PROJECTS ni Ilac, we are gonna do it here in CEBU! Mao na the BOTTLES you donate really matters! Here is proof we got to talk with him! Hehehhee

Ilac Diaz (My Shelter Foundation) with Githyanki & Disston Tan (JCI MANDAUE)
    Last edited by angel_brey; 08-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.

sige naman ni ka feature iyang mga projects sa tv..nindot jd btaw ehehehe

ay shudi enetch todo sufort ko ane te!! sige ha ako to tigomon tanan botles nako te.. and shude oi wafo mana c ilac, gith ug c diston as en... contak lang nya ko nemo te!!!

pwede ko mo tawag na nemo ug sisbrey?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast