Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default God did not create the universe, says Hawking

LONDON (Reuters) – God did not create the universe and the "Big Bang" was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics, the eminent British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking argues in a new book.
    In "The Grand Design," co-authored with U.S. physicist Leonard Mlodinow, Hawking says a new series of theories made a creator of the universe redundant, according to the Times newspaper which published extracts on Thursday.
    "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking writes.
    "It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."
    Hawking, 68, who won global recognition with his 1988 book "A Brief History of Time," an account of the origins of the universe, is renowned for his work on black holes, cosmology and quantum gravity.
    Since 1974, the scientist has worked on marrying the two cornerstones of modern physics -- Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which concerns gravity and large-scale phenomena, and quantum theory, which covers subatomic particles.
    His latest comments suggest he has broken away from previous views he has expressed on religion. Previously, he wrote that the laws of physics meant it was simply not necessary to believe that God had intervened in the Big Bang.
    He wrote in A Brief History ... "If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason -- for then we should know the mind of God."
    In his latest book...

check link

Bible Vs Science againnnn ! ! !

wala ng ibang paraan para makilala ka kung di ka pa kilala at magpagusapan pa ulit kung kilala ka na kundi ang magsabing Walang Diyos o mga katulad na mga statement, eh kailan lang ba na Discover na ang Mundo ay Bilog? matagal ng nageexist ang Bible bago pa man malaman ng tao na ang Mundo ay Bilog at pinoprosecute ang mga nagsasabing ang Mundo ay Bilog, nakasulat na ito sa Bible... hahay kaawaawa tong taong to mamamatay na lang maiimpyerno pa eh to think na nabuhay na nga siya sa hindi kanais nais na situation kaawaawa... akala niya alam niya lahat samantalang yung ibang scientist na mas matalino at mas may nagawa eh naniniwala naman sa Diyos hahay... hindi pala matalino tong taong(hawking) to nagtataglay pala to ng kataas taasang kabobohan na walang pangalawa...
    *si Hawking lang ang sinasabihan ko ok at hindi ko nilalahat dahil may Pagasa pa naman para sa ibang hindi naniniwala

pati kay Newton yung Theory of Evolution niya nakalimutan niya na Hindi lang Pamilya niya ang pinaguusapan, pano ba naman may mga tao kayang mukang palaka, kabayo, isda, kulugo, at ako mukang angel hahaha joke lang

^walang theory of evolution si newton .. lols //
    ur understanding has no room in science ///

not a place for debate/./

genius borderlines insanity gyud... i guess hawking already crossed to the other side. (unsa gani na iyahang sakit nga gradually naga deteriorate iyahang body? who's to tell nga wala pod na apektohan iyang brain sa iyahang condition?).

OT: for 5 years, me and my wife turned to science for something that we longed for since we got married

science was not able to help us.

after all science efforts were exhausted (you name it, we've done it)... we turned to God, and just like that, we were blessed with what we were longing for.

Science can never explain God, because God is unexplainable.

he's a freak

Blog Entries
    Anyone wishing to discuss the moral implications of this article should start the same article in iStorya.net's Current Events or General Discussion area--I will not tolerate discussions (and personal attacks) pertaining to religion vs. science, and other knee-jerk Luddite type reactions to Hawking's statement in this subforum. SO ANYONE DOING SO, STARTING FROM THIS POST, WILL RECEIVE INFRACTIONS FROM ME. However, if you stay within the confines of discussing this subject in a more academic and scholarly manner, then I shall allow the thread to continue.

-RODION

kodus to Hawking for such a very insightful idea. it would take maybe a long time for humankind to produce such a brilliant mind

Quote Originally Posted by yokam888 View Post
    genius borderlines insanity gyud... i guess hawking already crossed to the other side. (unsa gani na iyahang sakit nga gradually naga deteriorate iyahang body? who's to tell nga wala pod na apektohan iyang brain sa iyahang condition?).

OT: for 5 years, me and my wife turned to science for something that we longed for since we got married

science was not able to help us.

after all science efforts were exhausted (you name it, we've done it)... we turned to God, and just like that, we were blessed with what we were longing for.

Science can never explain God, because God is unexplainable.
    Yup, you're right man. Science can never help our emotional and mental problems, it will just make your world more complicated. true God is unexplainable so why seek answers questions that can never be answered. Your faith can make the impossible possible.

Blog Entries
    Are you people deaf/blind?

INFRACTIONS HANDED OUT.

-RODION

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast