Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default power kites (kiting)

mga brad, basin naa ninyo diri hilig magpalupad og power kite?

up lang nato!

What are power kites? (from Wikipedia)

A power kite or traction kite is a large kite designed to provide significant pull to the user. They come in three main forms: foils, leading edge inflatables and supported leading edge. There are also rigid-framed kites and soft single skin kites. There are several different control systems used with these kites which have two to five lines and a bar or handles. Most foil kites are made for use on land as they are 'opened celled' so air flows in and out easily, this can be used as a safety feature to depower the kite. There are a few exceptions for this with new foils that use closed cell technology you make them float on the water while you relaunch, this will improve the range of sports under taken by one breed of kite.

Power kites are generally used in conjunction with a vehicle or board, such as in:

kitesurfing on a kiteboard
    kite buggying on a purpose-built 3-wheeled cart
    kite landboarding on an all-terrain/mountain/land board
    kite skating on all-terrain roller skates
    snowkiting on skis or snowboards
    kite jumping, using a power kite for jumping above the ground
    man lifting, where a harnessed kite flier is moored to the ground or one or more people to provide tension and lift
    kiteboating, on a boat

Here in the Philippines, the most common sport involving a power kite is kitesurfing or kiteboarding.

There are schools in Boracay, Subic, Lake Caliraya and Palawan.

Occasionally, naay mga foreigners ga-ari sa Cebu for some downwinder sessions. Usually naa sila sa bantayan or malapascua. Hopefully kabalik ko sa maravilla sometime soon with a large kite na

But how to get started with kiting? You would first need to learn how to fly a kite. And for that, you can use a trainer kite.

A trainer kite is basically a foil kite that is smaller in size. Sizes range from 1.5sqm to 3.5sqm.

It's easy to fly these kites and generate power from them as long you understand how the wind window works.

I can teach you how to fly these things and help you get your own trainer kite if you're interested.

The nice thing about trainer kites is they're small and easy to setup. You just need a large field, clearing or even at the beach with less people as long as there is wind. I usually fly my kite at the reclamation area at the back of CDC.

here are some sample videos on how strong these trainer kites are. the third one is a video of a water relaunchable kite. it is a closed cell foil kite rather than a ram-air type.

trainer kite video 1

trainer kite video 2

water relaunchable trainer kite

extreme gamay da... nice pd..

kung trainer kite lang, di man kaayo kay dili man kaayo kusog ang hangin sa cebu area lately. mga naa ra sa 8-12 knots. pero mubira gihapon og ayo ang kite kung di ka mag bantay nya mu gust kalit

if anyone is interested in getting into kiting, i can help you get your trainer kites.

kite ta ninyo!

pila magasto ani brad.

depende pre, naay 2 line og 3 line trainer kites.

personally i like the 3 line trainer kites kay anytime you feel overpowered, you just release the bar and the kite will just flag down and mawala ang power. and it's easier to launch, pwede nimo na reverse launch using the third line.

sa 3 line trainer kites, naay duha ka klase, ang open cell foil and and closed cell foil. ang closed cell foil, you can use on water like sa beach. inig matagak sa tubig, mulutaw sya. i used this sa beach pero make sure lang nga wala kaayo tao when you fly it kay basin makaigo kag tao.

mao ni ang price sa trainer kites, i can get it for you at cost. ang shipping padung diri cebu add lang ta gamay kay sa us lang man free ang shipping. naa around 5 lbs so basin naa sa $32 kung ipaagi nato sa akong forwarder

ang naa nako kay ang hydra 3m kite, pero murag dapat ang 3.5m na lang ang akong gikuha unta hehehe. 3m means it's a 3 square meter kite so 3.5 means it's a 3.5 square meter kite. pero ang hydra, dili true 3m kite, it's more of a 2.8 sqm kite. if you want i can show you how to fly it one of these days sa north reclamation dapit.

RAM AIR FOIL Trainer (land only)
    rush 3 pro 3m - $218.49
    rush 3 pro 3.5m - $226.99

CLOSED CELL FOIL Trainer (land and water)
    hydra 3m - $265.99
    hydra 3.5m - $322.99

i can also teach you how to fly your trainer and how to get the most of out it. naa pud koy dvd sa how to fly dvd, pede tika gaan og copy.

woohooo kite ta ninyo para managhan ta

anytime this week, muabot na ang akong full size kite (10m)

mao ni ang rush 3 pro

mao ni ang hydra 300 and 350. you can see from the first picture that you can launch it from the water

for those interested, i'm now a reseller for HQ - Kites & Designs USA

if any of you wants to buy out any of their powerkites or stunt kites for that matter, i can help you get it.

LOWEST SRP+shipping. Free shipping only applies to the Continental US. If you have relatives there, I can have it shipped there instead.

PM me for pricing

cheers!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast