Default What is the advantage of DDR2 to DDR

I just found out that there is a new type of memory (RAM) in the market call DDR2, and I would like to ask if anyone had an Idea of its advantage toward DDR?
    Thanks

Default Re: What is the advantage of DDR2 to DDR

The advantage of DDR2 over DDR is that it is a more efficient machine. It is able to reach much higher clock speeds than DDR, but offers a higher bandwidth and lower power consumption at the same clock speed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendellmb
    The advantage of DDR2 over DDR is that it is a more efficient machine. It is able to reach much higher clock speeds than DDR, but offers a higher bandwidth and lower power consumption at the same clock speed.

Thants part of it, Altho DDR2 has more bandwith its latencies suffer so much in real world performance DDR2-800 is no better than DDR1-400 you need to tighten the timings for DDR2 to see real advantages from it.

As for usage you need both processor and motherboard thats DDR2 compatile like AM2 or Conroe

I'm planning to buy a new CPU (Motherboard and Processor) what can you advice? I'm not sure on single or dual core 2.66MHz and I'm not sure which to choose DDR-400 or DDR2

5.    Advertisement