Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default OBS - The Out of Body Special

The Out of Body Special
    By LARA DAY The Out of Body Special Can anybody in Asia funk harder than these Filipinos? At the moment, we think not
    Matthew Wong
    Article ToolsPrintEmailSphereAddThis RSSYahoo! Buzz "The OBS, a brand new flavor/ doing you a favor/ stereotype breaker," raps front man Carlos "Los" Magno, 23, on the Out of Body Special's debut album, Is Love, released in November 2007. Those are sentiments that have been expressed countless times in an industry where practically every new entrant claims to be offering something new, but with OBS' compelling fusion of genres (rock, deep funk, soul, R&B, jazz and latin) to back him up, it appears Magno's boast might have a ring of truth — at least in the otherwise predictable world of Asian hip-hop.

Formed in 2004 at Ateneo de Manila University, the OBS cites a myriad of influences: Magno's musical heroes span Babyface to Tupac, drummer Ted Mark Cruz, 25, veers toward funk and latin styles, guitarist Patrick Co, 23, and percussionist Diego Beltran, 24, grew up on grunge, while saxophonist Garon Honasan, 27, and guitarist Martin Veerayah, 23, both love heavy metal.

The Out of Body Special - Asia's Best Bands - TIME

So who listens to them here?
    I love Sexy Beast and Give It, so far. I still need to see if I can find their album in cebu considering they're indie or else we can get it from Manila?
    "JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

Quite pleased to hear one station play them here. Can't remember which one though.

I love this band! Really got my taste and style.

played with them 2x and got the chance to watch them alot..and yes they are really gooood diri nako nakita ang lain nga feel ni avenido sa bass hehehehe naa album sa manila ug ambot naa man pud to diri before sa odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by DuBciTY View Post
    played with them 2x and got the chance to watch them alot..and yes they are really gooood diri nako nakita ang lain nga feel ni avenido sa bass hehehehe naa album sa manila ug ambot naa man pud to diri before sa odyssey
    Sus bro, saw him with Greyhoundz at Nuvo. Craaaaazy. One of the best bassists in the P.I..

ted mark cruz! lufet! hehe..

maau kau na c avenido... been a fan of him since greyhoundz...

hands down to Nino Avenido on this one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vundaboi View Post
    Quite pleased to hear one station play them here. Can't remember which one though.
    well yes, used to be just one station - that's Y101 but I think I heard NU107 played them too.

which songs from them do you like? i just recently learned of them you see...
    Last edited by b|tcH_g0dd3sS; 10-22-2009 at 09:27 PM.
    "JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast