Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Default These "funny" South Koreans in Cebu

Cebu seems to be the summer capital of South Korea with all these South Koreans hanging around our city, malls and beaches.

Though I'm not friendly/familiar with any South Korean (because I haven't met any), I could be just close enough to observe certain actions that I think is funny... Like I've seen some Koreans pay the exact price of a meal or item down to the last 5 centavo coin. I'm not sure if it means that all Koreans in Cebu does it pero kana, nakakatuwa tingnan.

Kayo? Unsay maishare niyo? Do you have any personal experiences and observations that make these foreign "istambays" funny?

And please do not take this thread SERIOUSLY.
    I am just curious regarding the cultural difference between our two peoples and how other Cebuanos/Filipinos see and regard South Koreans' acts and manners in our homeland.
    Last edited by diem; 08-11-2008 at 03:13 PM.

i find them very interesting. koryos lng ko sa ilang mga style and culture and the way they talk and ~` i saw this once... naa silay hand game na lingaw kau tanawn...
    Last edited by diem; 08-11-2008 at 12:06 PM.

I noticed that they love eating Fruits while drinking. I can't imagine eating pineapple with beer.

hard drinkers.... ^_^

pag iSTORYA.net mini-EB last August 2 at Mango Square, I approached two Korean girls who were sitting next to us. They were pretty, sexy, hot & all that.. Pero pag smile atong usa kay pangag diay...hehe as in wala gyud syay ngipon sa atubangan.. nahuwasan na lang ko..hehe

naa uban gwapa, naa sad uban dili. pero polos jud puti sila.
    pero at least naka tabang sila sa ato tourism

kanang bangs kaayo sila nya ilang sinayawan nga murag manok mag kisi2x lols!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -shinobi- View Post
    naa uban gwapa, naa sad uban dili. pero polos jud puti sila.
    pero at least naka tabang sila sa ato tourism
    nakatabang jud kaayo bro..

i just remember an incident in Fort San Pedro, Koreans batong nadakpan nga nagpicture taking wearing nothing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diem View Post
    Cebu seems to be the summer capital of South Korea with all these South Koreans hanging around our city, malls and beaches.

Though I'm not friendly/familiar with any South Korean, I could be just close enough to observe certain actions that I think is funny... Like I've seen some Koreans pay the exact price of a meal or item down to the last 5 centavo coin. I'm not sure if it means that all Koreans in Cebu does it pero kana, nakakatuwa tingnan.

Kayo? Unsay maishare niyo? Do you have any personal experiences and observations that make these foreign "istambays" funny?
    This is OT, but I'll post this just to give perspective on the "funny" matter.

I once knew a teacher (she used to be a math teacher in our school) who went to Africa to teach at some remote African village. Her house was near the school, and there was no interior bathroom, just an outhouse, and a dirty kitchen, where she brushes her teeth every morning. Now, everytime she brushes her teeth, it was a spectacle to the local children and some of her pupils who live nearby, because each time she brushes her teeth, in full view of the children, the children would then giggle and laugh each time she gargled water and spat it out into the sink. The older children even shook their heads in disbelief. She just smiled at them whenever this happened. But one day, she couldn't stand it anymore and had to ask one of the villagers at why the children found her daily brushing ritual fascinating.

She first asked if the villagers used toothbrushes, and the villager said yes, they used toothbrushes, confusing the teacher further. The villager then said, "They are perhaps curious, amused, puzzled, because you spit out the water into the sink..." but she didn't elaborate and walked off. The teacher became all the more puzzled, and was so keen on getting to the bottom of the matter, that she visited one of the local village communal baths, to see how the villagers brushed their teeth. And this is what she saw...

One of the villagers, while brushing his teeth, spat the water out into a basin, where another villager was washing her feet. Water is so precious a commodity (they haul it out bucket by bucket, barrel by barrel, from a reservoir halfway to the next village), that they "share" their water this way.

So, our own way of doing things may indeed look funny or curious to another peoples' culture.

-RODION
    Last edited by diem; 08-11-2008 at 03:10 PM.

sa Nike women ayala.. nagka gubot jd sila pamili .. nya sa cashier nag pundok.. "no hangyo no hangyo?" haha .. abi cguro nila flea market

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast