Default My Lovely Sam Soon

if you guys haven't watched this series you have to. it's absolutely wonderful. i like this series more than any other series ive watched. and ive watched a lot.

[img width=300 height=452]http://photo.hankooki.com/gisaphoto/20050606/vnok200506061935330Candy1.jpg[/img]

A comparison of My Lovely Kim Sam Soon to Only You (taken in some other forum from i dunno where)

``Candyrella¡¯¡¯ characters are again dominating the TV drama scenes. The two representative dramas of the trend are MBC¡¯s mini-series drama ``My Name is Kim Sam-soon¡¯¡¯, which airs at 9:55 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and the SBS drama ``Only You¡¯¡¯, airing at 9: 45 p.m. on the weekend.

``The leading characters of the two dramas are mutated versions of `Candyrella¡¯ stories,¡¯¡¯ said Bae Kuk-nam, a TV critic. ``Candyrella,¡¯¡¯ a new term coined by TV critics and journalists late last year, describes the heroines that combine the characters of Candy and Cinderella. Candy is representative of a girl with an ever-optimistic spirit despite encountering difficulties, originating from the name of a Japanese animation heroine, while Cinderella refers to ordinary women who succeed in changing their destiny by marrying rich men.

``My Name is Kim Sam-soon¡¯¡¯ is a romantic comedy, comically describing a contract romance between pastry chef Kim Sam-soon and Hyun Jin-hon, a young chairman of renowned confectionery. ``Only You¡¯¡¯ is a melodrama centering on an accidental encounter and love between Lee Joon, the third generation son of a Chaebol family and Eun-jae, a cook from a poor family.

The character Sam-soon from ``My Name is Kim Sam-soon¡¯¡¯ is not pretty, not slender, nor young. She is 29, the third daughter of a miller and has an abundant curiosity about so many things. She doesn¡¯t hesitate to swear and speak slang whenever she is angry. She lets out her stress by eating and sleeping and is realistic-minded enough to know that a prince will not appear out of the blue and save her.

Eun-jae, the heroine of ``Only You,¡¯¡¯ is an outgoing chef who has a strong sense of responsibility and is the first daughter from a poor family. Having worked as a waitress in many restaurants and as a party planner, she is currently the owner of a small pasta shop.

Although the two characters seem to be slightly different externally, they have a lot in common. Both of them are energetic and have a strong will to confront any unpredictabilities in life. Also, their male partners are both somewhat difficult characters, but competent and rich with high social positions.

``At a superficial level, the two dramas seem to distinguish themselves from other Candyrella dramas that portray Candyrellas as innocent, passive and self-sacrificing. Considering the change of women¡¯s status in society and the social trends, the heroines in the two dramas are described as active and independent,¡¯¡¯ said Bae. ``These characters have backgrounds and characters that ordinary women can identify with and at the same time enables them to have a vicarious satisfaction as they win the hearts of the rich, male characters.¡¯¡¯

Default Re: My Lovely Sam Soon

ga-tan-aw ko ingani sa gma7, start epi pa lang, hooked na kaau ko, kay funny kaau si sam soon.

Default Re: My Lovely Sam Soon

yepyep layu ra ang only you ani!

4.    Advertisement