Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Default Warning: This is a rant!

Since a few members have asked why I haven't been active from the forum for over a year now is because I went for an 8 months holiday in Philippines.

i have been the breadwinner of our family since my dad passed away. If you want to ask about my childhood life, I grew up in a family where in if we want something, we have to work hard for it. My dad was such a disciplinarian nd I'm very thankful that he was. We grew up with a 24/7 cook, a nanny, and a helper. My parents was a shipyard contractor and used to have 500 employees. Life was great back then till my dad was killed and everything went upside down. Now I don't want to go through all the details otherwise ill find myself writing a book.

we decided to celebrate our son's birthday last August in Cebu. To cut this real short, we moved to Dumaguete from Cebu and we were only renting because we weren't too sure of our future plans. We rented for over a year. (My family in Philippines because I'm now living with my son and husband in Sydney)

so I bought my family a house 7.5million pesos, spent over 3million pros for renovation this is after I've heard constant complain from my mum that she is sick putting up with landlords so fair enough, I understand... So as a loving daughter who do not wish to see my family struggling. I bought them what they asked.

then my mum asked again that she is worried of my siblings riding thir motorbikes so then again she demanded that I buy my younger sister a car. ( 17 years old, my younger brother on his suint license is 16). So again I spent 680 k pesos for a brand new car for her to go to school.

then it just didn't end there, I have noticed that she's been very sad regardless of what I've been giving them so I confronted her then she told me that she is worried of my sister being in Cebu working as a call centre agent. She wants her home and let her finish her studies but she wants to do culinary arts this time, so to not see her lonely anymore I called my sister up told her to quit her job and pack up and come home and I've enrolled her to an international culinary arts school that's another 400k pesos.

so for the first 2 weeks we have been a one big happy family. It was awesome! BUT... I have noticed how they come home late from school (8-9pm) when their class normally finish at 5:30pm. Have witnessed how my mum made the helpers (3 helpers for them) worked so hard! I'm talking about nonstop work, under the stinking hot weather!

all I've noticed is just the attitude of them being as$hoes, they take everything for granted and I blame no one but myself!
    my husband came and was horrified of the attitude. My older sister (25 yrs old) with a 6 yr old daughter that I supported financially since she was only a baby. She has not once EVER came home to look after her daughter, not even help her with her homework instead she was too busy hanging out with her rich friends and was having a good time.

although our helpers didn't directly say it, or I'm sure the were too scared to tell me of how fed up thy are of the shits that thy have to put up with.

I sat there and sat there and was just observing pretending things are still okay till I woke up one morning and said...

" I've had enough, this people are just waste of space. I'm done here!"

i confronted all our helpers and asked them if they still want to work once we leave and they said NO. They will not work unless I'm there because they're sick of my mum and my older sister's attitude. So I paid them their wages plus 2 months (they're on 3,000 pesos a month) but I believe they deserve more. The amount of work they have to do is unbelievable.

my mum was very furious! When I say furious, crazy furious! She told me how ungrateful bitch I am, what are they gonna do, now that they don't have helper and I told her...

"hang on, I live in a 5 acres property, 8 times the size of our property here. I mow the grass, I clean my house, I work and even look after my son. I did everything by myself. You have children that can help you with the household chores but talking about getting a replacement maids, I'm NOT PAYING for it! I'm sick of watching how you treat them like shit, I'm sick of having to put up with everyone's shit everyday!"

and because your older daughter is way too busy running around town with a married man except looking after her daughter, I'm not paying for that too. I don't care if her daughter has to be transferred to a public school and as of the bills in this house? You people have to pay for it I don't care where you will get the money from, I'll start treating you like how you treat me. I didn't pluck the money from a tree, I worked hard for it! I've made personal sacrifices to be where I am and I have done the best I can to give all of you a good life because I thought you deserve it but it made me realise, I created a monster instead!

just how you treat those poor maids disgust me, I worked just as hard as them and I know what they felt like but the only problem is, I worked to be able to provide all your demands! My older sister has not once ever helped this family. I gave up my dreams just so you can fulfil your dreams and you still called me ungrateful?

that was the last time I spoke to my family. I left Philippines and refused to ever want to talk to them. Honestly I feel like I'm not far off jumping a cliff and just bugger youse all! I'll probably be better off that way than having to put up with endless family dramas.

i have done what I believe is doing the right thing for them but why is it they don't give a shit and juse don't appreciate anything?!!!!

Now I know this is too long but thanks for taking time reading it. Sorry for the rant,

i forgot to mention: I'm paying a cousin that goes to uni, I cover all his tuition fees plus allowance (5000 a month), plus 3 siblings and 1 niece. I still send them money for tuition fees and allowance but with the house bills and groceries, after 5 years of putting up with their dramas I've made up my mind that I'm not doing it anymore.

ill start saving for our sn's future because I'm sure that if we go broke my family in Philippines will never give us a dime! So yes, I'm such an u grateful daughter.
    Last edited by nitwit; 08-06-2013 at 05:55 AM.

I feel for u.... Workin yur ass off with d same shit n different day!!
    I hope u didnt burn-out yurself before realizin u dont hav to take all d crap...

In time theyll realize the things that could have been...
    If i was in yur shoes, im sure id do d same thing... "i dont need dis sh*t"

wow ,what an experience . sad to say that your family has been very well taken cared off by you that they dont know how to live normally and simply . you did the right thing . let them be

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan301 View Post
    I feel for u.... Workin yur ass off with d same shit n different day!!
    I hope u didnt burn-out yurself before realizin u dont hav to take all d crap...

In time theyll realize the things that could have been...
    If i was in yur shoes, im sure id do d same thing... "i dont need dis sh*t"
    But I feel guilty. I've been getting constant messages from them asking me if I'm leaving them to die! They ave 2 weeks notice to pay their electric and water bills or it'll be disconnected!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakizta View Post
    wow ,what an experience . sad to say that your family has been very well taken cared off by you that they dont know how to live normally and simply . you did the right thing . let them be
    Sometimes it makes me want to wipe hem out of my memories and just start a new life. I'm just way too sick of the dramas. I have an older sister who doesn't give a crap of what's happening and let lone my mum let her get away with going out with a married man! It's sickening!

Quote Originally Posted by nitwit View Post
    But I feel guilty. I've been getting constant messages from them asking me if I'm leaving them to die! They ave 2 weeks notice to pay their electric and water bills or it'll be disconnected!

Sometimes it makes me want to wipe hem out of my memories and just start a new life. I'm just way too sick of the dramas. I have an older sister who doesn't give a crap of what's happening and let lone my mum let her get away with going out with a married man! It's sickening!
    Lettin em do the daily household chores is a start... If u can spare some for their power n water, go for it...
    I think theyve pretty much got d message... Money dont come easy...
    Feelin guilty is perfectly fine... Jst b steadfast in yur conviction... Char...

Every dark cloud has a silver lining... Gooooooodluck!

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    Lettin em do the daily household chores is a start... If u can spare some for their power n water, go for it...
    I think theyve pretty much got d message... Money dont come easy...
    Feelin guilty is perfectly fine... Jst b steadfast in yur conviction... Char...
    Your talking about a 16,000 pesos electricity bill because they leave air conditioners running 24/7 and a 5000 pesos water bills.
    Siblings allowance is already 20,000 pesos a month plus 3000 gas.
    Groceries- your looking at 30-40,000 pesos
    And every 6 months is 120k pesos just for tuition fees alone plus and yearly tuition fees for my niece is 30k.
    if you do the math, you'll loose your head. LOL
    I left them with some investments (rental properties) but because they're too lazy to advertised and look for tenants I had to do it myself and still no tenants. Before I left it was booked!

Yur ryt, yur gonna loose ya head!!
    Damn calculator... Hehehe... Honestly, this shit aint right...
    Why not sortta give em a monthly budget wherein theyll just work on??

Key word "budget"... Everybodys on it...

TS: You need to let your family understand that life isn't about waiting for you to dole something out just because you earn a lot and they don't. They need to make a huge lifestyle change and see that depending on you isn't the way to live life. In a way they have become spoiled and have to learn to fend for themselves a little. learning to live without A/C is one, cutting on allowance and bills is another thing. A little tough love is what's in order here. If anything I say may offend, please accept my sincere apologies.

Cheers!

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    Yur ryt, yur gonna loose ya head!!
    Damn calculator... Hehehe... Honestly, this shit aint right...
    Why not sortta give em a monthly budget wherein theyll just work on??

Key word "budget"... Everybodys on it...
    I have my mum 40k before I left, paid all the bills plus my siblings, cousin and niece tuition fees but after a week she was sending me messages asking for more. I don't think she knows what budget is. You know what hurts the most too?

When I was there, I have noticed that someone been stealing money from my wallet (5-6000 pesos at a time. I thought it was the maids but I've made a bait, caught my older sister doing it. Didn't confront her because he has some anger issues and I'd like to go ack here in one piece than dead. ( when we were kids she threw a knife at me. Took the hair and skin off my skull lucky it wasn't that bad but knowing what she's cable of doing, I'd rather keep my mouth shut.)

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast