Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Solar engineer tells youth: Don’t repeat India’s BPO ‘mistake'

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki_v2.0 View Post
    they can. they just choose to minimize overhead. the greedy bastards. ang net ana nila abot sa milllions nya kana ila pa ikuha sa mga tao na nagtabang nila kuha anang kwartaha. mokirig unta na sila oi. mgamatay nalang unta na sila ug kana ilang mga kaliwat!
    dili man pod na mag palabi og pa dako sa sweldo ang mga companiya kay mag depende man gyud na sa demand. if i pugos nimo nang dako og sweldo, resulta ana is manaktak na sila og other employees. parehas bitaw sa atong mga malls. barato kaayo og sweldo ang mga taw diha sa sm pero daghan man pod kaayo sila. ang cashier naay assitant nga bager. sugot kaha nang sales lady diha sa sm supermarket nga pa dak an sila og sweldo pero sila ra ang mo punch then mo putos unya mo hatod sa groceries padung sa parking lot? kung adto ka sa developed countries, dili ka kita anang mga daghan employees sa mall kay dili na ka afford ang employers mo hire og daghan employees kay dagko kaayo ilang sweldo.

the less of the two evils is actually going abroad. south korea built their economy on ofw's incomes. You rake in dollars to the phils that's actually much better than earning the spare change the west is sending us.
    asa ka adto sa taiwan? dubai? saudi? kanang ilang sweldo did2 pwedi ra na makita diri sa pinas ang sweldo nila didto plus dili pa ka ma layo sa imong pamilya. nindot unta if adto ka sa canada or sa europe kay dako2x og sweldo did2 pero perti ka lisod ang pag sulod didto

few ppl with brilliant minds are left working in the phil coz ang tanan naa na sa abroad. very many people needs descent jobs that dont necessarily requires a college degree and that's where the call center is a big option as long as u know how to speak fluent english so u can't blame anyone who opt to go there. our gov't do indeed needs an overhaul but we shoudn't depend on them. ang culture man jud and eblame sa mga pinoys ky they always blame the governement y nglisud cla. kung naa problema tawag daun sa presidente, kung di tagdon pasinginlan pud daun presidente, kung mgkalisud psanginlan japun presidente, kung walay work pasanginlan japun presidente... all of these are facts from pinoys. we have many jobs but the prob is we are not competitive enough to fit for the job. and thats where the call centers come insde as it dont necessarily requires high standard of education. as observed sd, kasagaran lang jud tao ky feel proud au when they work in a call center!!! wen in fact they don't know how low standard it is compared to other poistions...dagko lang sweldo but doesnt mean taas na ug status careerwise. =)

Quote Originally Posted by noel_llapa View Post
    It's a necessary evil at the moment IMO. Though it's unfortunate that it's making automatons out of our potential-filled youth and reinforces the stereotype that one's English-speaking skill is a good measure of one's status in society, automatons and glorified secretaries are way better than jobless freeloaders. Until the Philippines can provide better options for our fresh graduates, we'll continue to be a nation callboys and callgirls.

I do agree na something has to change though. And that something should start with education and culture. Kini man gud ang education system ug atong cultura sigeg ibahog sa mga bata na mas maayo jud ang mga white-collar jobs, bahalag secretary for life, basta aircon ang opisina. We have to change that. Daghan kaayo options outside the office, though unfortunately pud ang ato government wala gigaan ug maayo na incentive ang mga bata to take such courses.
    very well said.

We are a country topping off at a 100 million people (almost 1/3 of the US population), with a land area slightly larger than the US state of Arizona. We are supposedly rich in natural resources, but they are difficult to extract, given the massive capital outlay, and not to mention the severe environmental impact it can bring. We have a deeply fractious and challenging geography, making infrastructure development and improvement an extremely expensive undertaking. But we do have one thing going for us: a large, young, and skilled labor pool.

I have no idea how the government plans to make use of all that labor, and I won't be surprised if they still can't figure it out 30 years from now. Call centers are here to stay, whether we like it or not.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

Not just better jobs but improve the quality of life of existing workforce. we have underpaid doctors, nurses and engineers who would probably end up as CSAs because the pay is much better. Our skillset goes out the door as well.
    That is very unfortunate because we always compare our salary to other nation. If we are unsatisfied and blinded with what we perceived, your frustration and grief will continue and pass on to the next generation.
    Our country is our only hope, we must do something, it is within you.

sakto rapud...nagsalig raman gud ning atong gobyerno aning mga short term nga solution sa unemployment. wa maghunahuna sa long term. maayo ning call center og sweldo but moabot ra ang adlaw magkagamay nasad ning sweldo diri (nagsugod naman gani ron). ang call center dili man kaayo family oriented nga company. i mean, murag dili jud pang long term. daghan kaayo solution, dili lang jud himoon...sa mga naa sa cc ron, nahala pagtigom jud mo daan..

Blog Entries

the less of the two evils is actually going abroad. south korea built their economy on ofw's incomes. You rake in dollars to the phils that's actually much better than earning the spare change the west is sending us.
    Ikaw ray nag post ug article kabahin sa dili maayong epekto sa call center kabahin sa pamatasan ug panghuna-huna sa mga tawo nag hisgot man hinoun ka ug dollar dollar.

Working in a call center is better than working abroad. It is my opinion you have your own view which is opposite. I keep mine, you keep yours unless you show me concrete, documented, reviewed , precise and statistically proven evidence.

btw how did you add v2.0 to your name?

: bisan kinsa pa, mupili jud ug call center kay bisan ug 2nd year college kay makasolod man basta kapasar lang unya DAKO pa jud ug sweldo. wiser choice baya jud.

Blog Entries

ok rana, maayo ug akong kaldero naa sa inyong balay. naa raba's amoa..

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast