Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Article: Behind the Thousand Peso Bill

This discussion is about "Article: Behind the Thousand Peso Bill" in the "vBCms Comments" forums.
thank sa info, now i know why he is worthy to be in the said bill. it also add my knowledge about Philippine hero's history....

thank sa info, now i know why he is worthy to be in the said bill. it also add my knowledge about Philippine hero's history.

thanks for d info now i know

Thanks for the info. )

Default Re: Article: Behind the Thousand Peso Bill

Quote Originally Posted by xavisimao View Post
    Gen. Vicente Lim, highest ranking filipino military official under mcarthur during the japanese occupation. Was beheaded when trying to escape to Australia.
    Gen. Vicenti Lim was the first Filipino graduate of the West Point Academy, on the defence of Bataan were the Japanese met the stiffest resistance he was the commander of the 41st Infantry Division of Philippine Army until it finally surrendered due to lack of reinforcements. This great General was captured while on his way to Negros Island were an allied submarine is waiting and supposed to take him to Gen. Douglas MacArthur, he was incarcerated and tortured by his captors and was never seen again since 1944.

Quote Originally Posted by geo25 View Post
    I am familiar with Abad-Santos and Llanes Escoda. I don't really know the Filipino-Chinese guy.
    Gen. Vicenti Lim was the first Filipino graduate of the West Point Academy, on the defence of Bataan were the Japanese met the stiffest resistance he was the commander of the 41st Infantry Division of Philippine Army until it finally surrendered due to lack of reinforcements. This great General was captured while on his way to Negros Island were an allied submarine is waiting and supposed to take him to Gen. Douglas MacArthur, he was incarcerated and tortured by his captors and was never seen again since 1944.

Josefa Llanes Escoda was the founder of the Girls Scout of the Philippines and the Federation of Woman’s Club; she was also responsible on the establishment of the Red Cross Chapter throughout the country. Together with his husband Antonio Escoda a prisoner of war, they associated with the Volunteer Social Aid Committee or VSAC enlisted aid for the prisoners of war, especially those who participated in the infamous Death March. She opted to stay in prison with her husband and other war heroes and even turned down a chance to have freedom just to stay with her beloved inside the prison; she is more willing to die in suffering than live the rest of her life in guilt. She was executed with his husband on February, 1945 and her body was never found again.

Aahhhhh

aaaaah

maytag naa koy 2k pampalit tarantula.. hehe

kuyawa d.i story aning kwartaha.. hehehe nice

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Salvador View Post
    Has anyone found the remains of Vicente Lim?

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast