Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

live action ROBOTECH movie in the works

This discussion is about "live action ROBOTECH movie in the works" in the "TV's & Movies" forums.
Could it be? http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=43915 "Spider-Man star Tobey Maguire will produce and may star in a film based on the classic SF anime Robotech, according to ...

Default live action ROBOTECH movie in the works

Could it be?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=43915

"Spider-Man star Tobey Maguire will produce and may star in a film based on the classic SF anime Robotech, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Warner Brothers Pictures picked up the rights to Robotech, which features giant robots known as mechas. Maguire is producing through his Maguire Entertainment banner and is eyeing the lead role in what the studio plans as an SF franchise a la Paramount's hit Transformers.

Drew Crevello also is producing through his Supercool Hollywood BigTime Productions. Craig Zahler has been tapped to write the screenplay.

Robotech was a cartoon series during the 1980s from Harmony Gold USA and Tatsunoko Productions. It was re-edited and re-dialogued to combine three Japanese anime series to give the producers enough episodes to air as a daily syndicated series.

Robotech takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off three successive waves of alien invasions. The first invasion concerns a battle with a race of giant warriors who seek to retrieve their flagship's energy source, known as "protoculture," and the planet's survival ends up in the hands of two young pilots."

Default Re: live action ROBOTECH movie in the works

this is something to look forward thanx for sharing...

.. crap. that sucks. they should make the movie as fast as possible. hehehe.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

argghhh!!! tak-tak na sad atong wawartz ani!!!

Mo UsO Na SaB aNG mgA DuWaAN AnI..
    //_^)

i hope hollywood will mkae a movie of astroboy. i wonder how that would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah-Blah
    Mo UsO Na SaB aNG mgA DuWaAN AnI..
    //_^)
    that i doubt.. unlike other anime/movie derived toys (like transformers), A Macross toy has to pass by Shoji Kawamori's approval for its design.. which is most likely the very reason why currently Yamato is the only known company that's making those veritechs (latest of which is the 1/60 SV-51 Gumma Ivanov Mecha from Macross Zero)

not to mention, these toys are selling at a SRP of cheapest.. 8,000.00 locally and 14,300 yen over japan.. (if i'm not mistaken)

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

in other words it's quite a novelty/luxury item.
    dang, i'd like to get my hands on one of those...

for at least a 8,000.00 toy, it's really kinda steep.. but the feeling of getting hold of one, is just priceless and nostalgic (well for die-hard macross fans)

here's one of their first ever Macross 1/48 Release - Macross VF-1S Skull Leader Valkyrie (Piloted by Roy Focker)

and here's what the toy can do.. it has been regarded to have "perfect transformation" since the way you transform it to each mode really is same as the transformation sequence does in the anime..

Fighter Mode

Gerwalk Mode

Batriod Mode

and this is one of their latest Toy Issues from Macross Zero - VF-0A Valkyrie piloted by Shin Kudo Plus the Ghost Valk Booster which was being used with his valkyrie at the 5th and last episode:

When combined

In action with ghost booster

oh by the way, due to a copyright dispute that has Studio Nue and Big West, the creators and sponsor of Macross, facing against Harmony Gold's partner Tatsunoko Production, elements from Macross, the most popular of the three series, have not been used in recent and planned Robotech works onscreen.

It makes me worry about how this might effect the movie. You really don't want to start a movie in the middle of the story and if this causes problems we may see a lot of changes occur to the original Robotech.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast