Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Kenjutsu guide-for those who are studying JSA:)

This discussion is about "Kenjutsu guide-for those who are studying JSA:)" in the "Sports & Recreation" forums.
Kamikaze i think i have to transfer diha sa San Carlos tingalig mas daghan kug makat unan diha kay sa baseline.. how is that ?...

Elite Member

Default Kenjutsu guide-for those who are studying JSA:)

Kamikaze i think i have to transfer diha sa San Carlos tingalig mas daghan kug makat unan diha kay sa baseline.. how is that?

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG2003
    Ako lang i correct ha. I'm not a trouble maker actually that was a tournament fight and i accept that i am a very aggressive, i dont wait some attacks there is no chances for that. i train to attack the opponent first before they do. But i change it last sunday, ako lang gi sulayan akong na kat-unan sa aikido if unsa gyud ka effective pero medyo kuwangan pa cguro ko sa practice kay yellow belt paman ko sa aikido karon. Ang ako opponent chinise boxer gyapon meaning pareha mi ug nakat-unan pero lucky lang ka a u ko kay mas pas pas ko niya ug lihuk. pero sa pag gamit nako ug aikido nagkadugo dayon akong nawng kay di gyud nako makuptan iyang mga punches ma o na ni balhin nalang ko sa akong na andan nga style....
    yeah, I do notice that in some practitioners of the martial arts. mu come into play jud ang imung personality. it's not bad man sad kung aggressive ka na pagkatawo, it is who you are

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    Quote Originally Posted by blade101
    kamikaze: i dont really understand the purpose of KI AIKIDO. i have a friendly fight last night and i use my KI AIKIDO but i always get hit. but i still win because i change my style to kung-fu. Kung ang KI AIKIDO dili mag silbi sa combat fight unsa d-ay iya purpose Pero i'm still studying lang gyapon for KI development. Pero beside sa KI development unsa pa iya puropose?
    my take

KI aikido has 2 basic principles, mainly self defense and development of one's ki. it is not an offensive form of martial art. in the sense that there are no real strikes in ki aikido.

KI aikido is quite a formidable defensive martial art. I have nail marks and hyperextended joints and ligaments to prove that. but then that is not the real goal of this and every other martial art. avoiding fights is always the first priority. and using the art is done only when all else fails.

I have had instances when I had to use what I learned, so far wala pa man koy na encounter na probelm. althought if I were to speculate, I wouldn't want to mess with someone who know arnis... those guys are helluva hard to predict and their strikes can come from a host of different angles.
    May i suggest not to predict your opponent
    Well if we try to predict then an opponent or opponents , they will surely take advantage of this anticipation. Thats always the problem with some of my students, if the mind is fixated to anticipation it will surely lose track of the present moment.

i remembered the a movie Last Samurai when the younger bro of Katsumoto told Tom to let go of the many mind. I think he is trying to teach to about ZEN.

just a sugestion
    hehehehehehehe! lagi, prubelma lang gud ani nila kay multi faceted man gud ang ila strikes.they can reverse their strikes at almost any angle and in the most inopportune moments. did an experiment on this once and ended up getting whacked from a totally different angle while I was midway through my move. thats why I would wnat to learn arnis so I can better understand the movements and come up with a better defense...pasensya na mo kung ot ko ha

Elite Member

hak hak hak ma ayo ni si regie kay safety gyud iyaha... ok sad na nga style uy kay di lalim mag dala ug bun-ug for 1 week nya labaw na trabaho pa gyud ta....

Elite Member

I cant make it on saturday kay na a sad kuy gi tud-luan ana nga schedule even sunday na a sad kuy mga student. Pero cg lang every saturday man kaha na i try to visit lang if na ay time.. unsay tuy cell number ni kamikaze?

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebuang
    blade101: know thy enemy and you've won half the war. know yourself and you've won the other half. ako practice japon ko dagan oi... kai kapoy dawat kumo sa nawong. tidet!

bro, adto saturday afternoon, 2:00... atubangan sa san carlos main, we'll be there kung naa practice.

sensei kamikaze: wala pa ni e-mail ang imong gipa email nako 'bout sa id.
    wish I could bro, but I get off at 4 during saturdays... new sched sayang I really wanted to join your class.

"watashiwa anatato netai" <---- my fave phrase! :mrgreen: not quite sure if it's correctly spelled and constructed tho.
    WATCH YOUR ATTITUDE!

netai? hmmmm... got look that in the dictio.

mizu nomitai desu- i want to drink water
    tsukarimasu- im tired.
    so to combine- tsukarimasu. mizu nomitai desu. only said if your that TIRED (near death).

Kamikaze i think i have to transfer diha sa San Carlos tingalig mas daghan kug makat unan diha kay sa baseline.. how is that?
    Sorry cant really teach you much about hand to hand fighting. We do lot of sword works here. Kata, kumitachi and sparring with bamboo swords, and thats about it. its very different than aikido. although we do have empty hand techniques (jujutsu) but we rarely practice it, and it only taught on the upper levels-not that its a secret or something, but its way is just reverse to aikido. aikido start with no weapon then to weapon. in my dojo, start with weapon then to no weapon. our jujutsu resembles very much to aikido, except its a little bit offensive in nature. if youre after empty hand it think you will be disapointed.

if Baddog-san is talking about our physical education Aikido class in USC, its every basic, for short para P.E. ra gyud pud. My position in teaching Aikido is honorary under Lapous Sensei of IWAMA Aikido. meaning teach basic, cant open an aikido dojo, and cant promote any ranking.And from time to time i do invite high ranking person from different Aiki styles. Like from Aikikai. Right now Kris Sensei is the guest instructor to my class.

But if Japanese sword fighting is youre stuff you are most welcomed.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast