Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Kenjutsu guide-for those who are studying JSA:)

This discussion is about "Kenjutsu guide-for those who are studying JSA:)" in the "Sports & Recreation" forums.
Originally Posted by reggiebuang hehehe... dwyt always has an excuse! tidet! by the way, the book of nihongo is with me. simple nihongo... nice ayo. ...

Default Kenjutsu guide-for those who are studying JSA:)

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebuang
    hehehe... dwyt always has an excuse! tidet!

by the way, the book of nihongo is with me. simple nihongo... nice ayo. mana nako copy. hehehe

last saturday's practice was quite good. the shinai practice between kamikaze and ryan was really scary...
    Well Ryan should be able to sustain my attack, i know am goind hard on his defense, yet his spirit didnt waver, thats very good.

The intensity of sparring(SHINAI SHOBU) a student gets is proportional to his ability. well ryan is also a teacher ne! Renshi desu.

The purpose of the sparring is not to win at all, its objective is to improve the understanding and technique of the student. It may look scarry,but i assure that most likely your going to be injured in a Basketball game than a Shinai sparring. he he he

Tsuzukette- continue...

Kumitachi- practice in paired forms
    Kata- solo pre arrange form
    Shinai shobu- Bamboo sword sparring
    Battojutsu- technique of drawing the sword and cutting

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG2003
    kamikaze: i dont really understand the purpose of KI AIKIDO. i have a friendly fight last night and i use my KI AIKIDO but i always get hit. but i still win because i change my style to kung-fu. Kung ang KI AIKIDO dili mag silbi sa combat fight unsa d-ay iya purpose Pero i'm still studying lang gyapon for KI development. Pero beside sa KI development unsa pa iya puropose?
    my take

KI aikido has 2 basic principles, mainly self defense and development of one's ki. it is not an offensive form of martial art. in the sense that there are no real strikes in ki aikido.

KI aikido is quite a formidable defensive martial art. I have nail marks and hyperextended joints and ligaments to prove that. but then that is not the real goal of this and every other martial art. avoiding fights is always the first priority. and using the art is done only when all else fails.

I have had instances when I had to use what I learned, so far wala pa man koy na encounter na probelm. althought if I were to speculate, I wouldn't want to mess with someone who know arnis... those guys are helluva hard to predict and their strikes can come from a host of different angles.

sensei thanks for letting us borrow it, its really a good help.

reggiebuang: ako nasad sa sad d i ko sa buk.

Quote Originally Posted by blade101
    Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG2003
    kamikaze: i dont really understand the purpose of KI AIKIDO. i have a friendly fight last night and i use my KI AIKIDO but i always get hit. but i still win because i change my style to kung-fu. Kung ang KI AIKIDO dili mag silbi sa combat fight unsa d-ay iya purpose Pero i'm still studying lang gyapon for KI development. Pero beside sa KI development unsa pa iya puropose?
    my take

KI aikido has 2 basic principles, mainly self defense and development of one's ki. it is not an offensive form of martial art. in the sense that there are no real strikes in ki aikido.

KI aikido is quite a formidable defensive martial art. I have nail marks and hyperextended joints and ligaments to prove that. but then that is not the real goal of this and every other martial art. avoiding fights is always the first priority. and using the art is done only when all else fails.

I have had instances when I had to use what I learned, so far wala pa man koy na encounter na probelm. althought if I were to speculate, I wouldn't want to mess with someone who know arnis... those guys are helluva hard to predict and their strikes can come from a host of different angles.
    May i suggest not to predict your opponent
    Well if we try to predict then an opponent or opponents , they will surely take advantage of this anticipation. Thats always the problem with some of my students, if the mind is fixated to anticipation it will surely lose track of the present moment.

i remembered the a movie Last Samurai when the younger bro of Katsumoto told Tom to let go of the many mind. I think he is trying to teach to about ZEN.

just a sugestion
    garbsxy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebuang
    well said, sensei kamikaze, paulokztroy and brother blade101.

i don't really know anything 'bout aikido or any other martial arts. but the best way to win a war is not to wage it. and im a fast runner, so im safe... but then again, there's always the matter of our honor. *sigh* would you die for yours?

sensei kamikaze: unsa man developments 'bout sa id. dwyt and i talked 'bout it.

blade101: when are you going to join us oi?
    Yep damn right Reggie, thats the first principle i teach to my Arnis class. To run as fast as hell. But thier are some situation that we cant run, sometimes to stand ground and fight. for example with your love one, i think we cant just leave them behind to save our butt. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by all_a_non
    sensei thanks for letting us borrow it, its really a good help.

reggiebuang: ako nasad sa sad d i ko sa buk.
    Hai! do ittashimashitte

Elite Member

Ako lang i correct ha. I'm not a trouble maker actually that was a tournament fight and i accept that i am a very aggressive, i dont wait some attacks there is no chances for that. i train to attack the opponent first before they do. But i change it last sunday, ako lang gi sulayan akong na kat-unan sa aikido if unsa gyud ka effective pero medyo kuwangan pa cguro ko sa practice kay yellow belt paman ko sa aikido karon. Ang ako opponent chinise boxer gyapon meaning pareha mi ug nakat-unan pero lucky lang ka a u ko kay mas pas pas ko niya ug lihuk. pero sa pag gamit nako ug aikido nagkadugo dayon akong nawng kay di gyud nako makuptan iyang mga punches ma o na ni balhin nalang ko sa akong na andan nga style....

Elite Member

And mga guys wa ko gi train ug runner para mo dagan if na ay trouble, i love fighting, ma o nang ako gyud nang gi wa sa akung huna huna ang mo likay sa away. my student know me about that. kay ma o sad na ako gi tudlo nila

Elite Member

Pero actually na a sad muy point mga guys. Ma ayo sad noon ang mag likay sa away, matud pa ni sansie MAX i have nothing to prove about my discipline. At least i know who am i and i know my experties. Actually talking to aikido brown belts and black belts medyo peaceful kaayo silang istoryahon. maybe madugay nakug practice ug aikido ma change sad siguro ko....................

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast